Software Issue?
1614 6 2022-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BullKen
lvl.1

United States

I just replaced my first OM 5 because no matter how many times I used the auto calibration, it would always be off by 1 degree. Initially the OM 5 was always level. I returned the unit to Best Buy and was able to get a new one with the Geek Squad program. I then brought the new one home and set it up. At first it was perfectly level. However, a few moments later I received the notification in the DJI APP that there was a firmware update available. I updated the unit and ever since updating the brand new unit, it is now off by one degree again. I think it is safe to assume that this is a software issue but it is extremely disappointing that I had to return my original unit and use the Geek Squad program to get a new gimbal and spend more money on a new Geek Squad protection program ($40.00). I would like some feedback to get this issue resolved. The DJI OM 5 used to be fun to use but now it is a pain to use because I have to manually set the unit to be level when it is supposed to do it itself. Now I'm out $40 dollars for an issue that is definitely a manufacturer problem.
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please on your DJI OM 5 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2022-1-10
Use props
BullKen
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 02:18
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please on your DJI OM 5 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Hello,

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I believe the issue is the firmware. Before the update the OM 5 was confirmed at zero degrees via the built it measure/level app. After updating the firmware the OM 5 is fluctuating between 1-2 degrees. Having to manually adjust the level every single time is unacceptable. It would be nice if the consumer could downgrade their firmware as to avoid this problem. I also see that in this forum there are many other customers with the same problem and no solution has been provided by DJI. This is not great support of your products and I’m not happy that I wasted $40 more dollars on a protection plan for this new unit when this is clearly a manufacturing problem. Please advise.

Thank you
2022-1-10
Use props
myHardware
lvl.1

Germany

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please on your DJI OM 5 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Same problem here with Samsung S20 FE 5G.
Version 01.00.03.60 (MIMO v1.7.10)
2022-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

myHardware Posted at 1-11 01:50
Same problem here with Samsung S20 FE 5G.
Version 01.00.03.60 (MIMO v1.7.10)

Hi there myHardware. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for providing us the model of the mobile device you are using on your DJI OM 5. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI OM 5 to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S20 FE 5G ) that you are using on your DJI OM 5 and on the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI gimbal and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S20 FE 5G will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application and on the DJI OM 5. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI gimbal we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on your DJI gimbal . For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 5 ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... ibility_List_en.pdf ) . Thank you.
2022-1-12
Use props
BullKen
lvl.1

United States

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please on your DJI OM 5 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Still no follow up from DJI Stephen….

This is a software issue. Thankfully the folks at Best Buy refunded the protection plan, exchanged the unit and reinstated the original protection plan. In the store I set up the new (3rd) device and did not update to the latest firmware and the horizon is at 0 degrees. The store manager then opened another new OM 5 and set it up without the firmware update and also achieved a 0 degree horizon. He then updated the firmware and sure enough the horizon was off by 1-2 degrees. He then had an employee pull all the OM 5 off the shelf and mentioned that he would escalate this problem up the chain of command. There are plenty of posts describing the same issue and DJI provides no solution. THIS IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE. FIX IT!
I hope that all of your OM 5’s nationwide get pulled from the shelf until this issue gets addressed because it is UNACCEPTABLE for customers to have to deal with this problem.

Oh- and all of this was recorded and hopefully with permission from Best Buy, the video will be posted to YouTube.
2022-1-15
Use props
djiuser_GLLHMblrOcXC
New

United States

Buy the OM4. You will not have these problems
2022-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules