4532 15 2022-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Pilot SJC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42454 ft
United States

Hello,
I just purchased two used drones, and I was wondering if I could have those icons added to my account if I provided the serial numbers?
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Please take note that icons will appear if you're using the same activation account (used) drones with your DJI Forum account. Thank you.
2022-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have purchased several used DJI products and none show up.  I was previously told by a Moderator that only the person that first activates the product will have it show up under the Avatar.  
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 15:22
I have purchased several used DJI products and none show up.  I was previously told by a Moderator that only the person that first activates the product will have it show up under the Avatar.

That's correct, DowntownRDB. Thank you for your added information to our Forum user.
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Pilot SJC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42454 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-10 15:47
That's correct, DowntownRDB. Thank you for your added information to our Forum user.

So it seems that your first response to my question is incorrect if you are now agreeing with DowntownRDB now, lol... So which is it?

I use the same account for all of my drones.
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DJI Pilot SJC Posted at 1-10 16:02
So it seems that your first response to my question is incorrect if you are now agreeing with DowntownRDB now, lol... So which is it?

Hello, there. Sorry for any misleading. The Avatar will be shown if the activation account is the same as your forum account. Thus, DJI Diana and DowntownRDB's responses are both correct from the point of activation account. To further clarify the mechanism, the consistency of the activation account and forum account is essential. That is if you are the first one who activated your drone but the account you used to activate your aircraft is not consistent with your forum account, the icon will not show, too. Please tell us if you have any questions. Thanks.
2022-1-10
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Pilot SJC Posted at 1-10 16:02

It wont show up and its a good reason to never sale or buy used DJI products. The fact that they refuse to make it so users can update that account info is just bad customer services.
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishdip. Posted at 1-10 19:47
It wont show up and its a good reason to never sale or buy used DJI products. The fact that they refuse to make it so users can update that account info is just bad customer services.

Hi there, it is the logic of the forum icon display. Rest assured, it will not limit your usage of the forum and aircraft. Hope for your kind understanding.
2022-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-10 15:47

You're very welcome Diana.    Have a wonderful week.
2022-1-11
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-11 00:17
Hi there, it is the logic of the forum icon display. Rest assured, it will not limit your usage of the forum and aircraft. Hope for your kind understanding.

if that was true then why not let it be changed?
2022-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fishdip. Posted at 1-11 11:37
if that was true then why not let it be changed?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We'll note down your voices and forward them to our corresponding team.
2022-1-11
Use props
Troublesbrewin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142231 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-11 22:53
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We'll note down your voices and forward them to our corresponding team.

What mechanism is there to stop the original owner from saying their drone was stolen or a fly away, that is making a claim against a drone they sold.
2022-1-18
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568865 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-10 17:38
Hello, there. Sorry for any misleading. The Avatar will be shown if the activation account is the same as your forum account. Thus, DJI Diana and DowntownRDB's responses are both correct from the point of activation account. To further clarify the mechanism, the consistency of the activation account and forum account is essential. That is if you are the first one who activated your drone but the account you used to activate your aircraft is not consistent with your forum account, the icon will not show, too. Please tell us if you have any questions. Thanks.

I recently purchased a new Air 2S fly more combo with the RC Controller from B&H.  But no Air 2S icon shows up with my forum user identity.  So what is this Activation account you mention.  It seems to be important, yet I don't have any idea what that account is or how I make sure it is the same as my previous Mini 2 activation account.  
2022-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jmgolio Posted at 1-23 16:26
I recently purchased a new Air 2S fly more combo with the RC Controller from B&H.  But no Air 2S icon shows up with my forum user identity.  So what is this Activation account you mention.  It seems to be important, yet I don't have any idea what that account is or how I make sure it is the same as my previous Mini 2 activation account.

Hi there, when you try to activate the drone, you need to log into your DJI account on the app first. This DJI account is your activation account. As for the icon issue, we will forward it to the corresponding team for confirmation.
2022-1-23
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568865 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-23 19:30
Hi there, when you try to activate the drone, you need to log into your DJI account on the app first. This DJI account is your activation account. As for the icon issue, we will forward it to the corresponding team for confirmation.

Thanks much, DJI Mindy. I notice the new icon is there now.  With that and $4 or $5 bucks, I can buy a large coffee.  :-)     But I appreciate the status symbol.

I was out in the field today for the first time with my new Air 2S.  I am elated.  Great drone.  Great fun.
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jmgolio Posted at 1-25 16:52
Thanks much, DJI Mindy. I notice the new icon is there now.  With that and $4 or $5 bucks, I can buy a large coffee.  :-)     But I appreciate the status symbol.

I was out in the field today for the first time with my new Air 2S.  I am elated.  Great drone.  Great fun.

You're welcome, jmgolio. If you have any other issues, please feel free to contact us. Looking forward to the wonderful pictures and videos from you. Happy flying~
2022-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules