Landing gear
3534 20 2022-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

Which do you consider the better option?  Skid-style or leg extenders?  Weight isn't really an issue as I am already FAA registered.

Thanks.
2022-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer the leg extenders.
2022-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there shizack. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Mavic Mini. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilot who uses the said Landing Gear.  Just a reminder that if an accessories are mounted to the DJI Mavic Mini, it is recommended to enable the Payload Mode for enhanced safety. In addition DJI does not recommend using a 3rd party accessory or modifying your DJI Mavic Mini for safety purposes. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use and we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-1-11
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

I have both types for my original Mavic Pro, the sled type is a little lower than the legs but both do the job.
2022-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both for my Mini but now just use the leg extenders.  
2022-1-11
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
United States

All right thanks all.  Probably going to go with the stilts but they're not too expensive so maybe both.  And D-Steves, I get it, but I bet you were loads of fun on the playground at school.  (I kid).
2022-1-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I have the sled style fitted all the time. Gives great ground clearance and aids hand landing safely.
2022-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Weight IS AN ISSUE, it can cause the triggering of the payload mode which restricts the flight.
2022-1-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have NEVER had payload triggered on my Mini 2 since fitting sled. No restrictions on flying encountered in 12 months.
2022-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 1-11 06:14
I have NEVER had payload triggered on my Mini 2 since fitting sled. No restrictions on flying encountered in 12 months.

This is a Mavic Mini thread and I have had extenders trigger payload mode with a Mavic Mini.
2022-1-11
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-11 06:10
Weight IS AN ISSUE, it can cause the triggering of the payload mode which restricts the flight.

I meant "not an issue" in reference to the fact that I am already registered with the FAA, have been for years, so 250+ grams in and of itself is not an issue.  I understand the ins and outs of payload mode.  I've been using prop guards when flying indoors since day one.  I do a thorough settings check before liftoff AND after a few seconds of hovering.

The gear I'm considering is 12ish grams.  I've flown with three Vifly strobes attached (6g x3; 18g) without triggering payload mode.

Also, my mistake, I didn't mention this is for my Mini SE, so essentially a Mini 2 with Mini 1 camera and TX/RX.

2022-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In that case I like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30429 ... :g:ki8AAOSwyg1h1ryx
I drilled the ones for the mini
2022-1-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-11 06:18
This is a Mavic Mini thread and I have had extenders trigger payload mode with a Mavic Mini.

Sorry! My mistake. I was in the Mavic (all) menu and did not notice that it was a Mini Only thread. My apologies.
2022-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 1-11 07:34
Sorry! My mistake. I was in the Mavic (all) menu and did not notice that it was a Mini Only thread. My apologies.

No problem besides it turns out your post was relevant as the drone turns out to be an SE.
2022-1-11
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-11 06:57
In that case I like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304290432480?hash=item46d91f85e0:g:ki8AAOSwyg1h1ryx

Clever design. Do you have a US source?
2022-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope sorry, besides I am UK
I like the design and I'd buy some for the Mavic 2 Pro if I could find them at a sensible price.
I did find some once but the price was ridiculous, maybe $70 USD, then there might have been shipping and there would be our customs duties. As it happens they might have been in the USA.
2022-1-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-11 16:05
Nope sorry, besides I am UK
I like the design and I'd buy some for the Mavic 2 Pro if I could find them at a sensible price.
I did find some once but the price was ridiculous, maybe $70 USD, then there might have been shipping and there would be our customs duties. As it happens they might have been in the USA.

I know this is the Mini thread but as you have mentioned the M2P, I have fitted the sled design to my M2P with no issues experienced so far. On Amazon UK, £13 approx. I do have the leg extenders for the M2P but the sled gives even more ground clearance.
2022-1-12
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-11 06:57
In that case I like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304290432480?hash=item46d91f85e0:g:ki8AAOSwyg1h1ryx

I like this design as well. Are they pretty easy to remove once attached? Do you have to use payload mode with them? Thank you
2022-1-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are easy to fit and remove, I don't remember the fitting instruction but I found that I fitted the rear end first by fitting it outboard of where it is intended to end up i,e, starting somewhat under/over motor. Then I slid the arm clip up the arm until everything was seated correctly. Then I fitted the other end to the front arm.
When removing them I started with the front end and gripped the exposed portion of the drone landing leg (its top) and pushed the extender off the landing leg with those fingers or my thumb. It saves the front arm and its pivot carrying the force used to remove the extender. Thinking about I did a similar thing when fitting them  i.e. I gripped the top of the landing leg and pushed the extender's socket up the landing leg, with my other hand, until it was seated.
That all probably sounds rather complicated but it should be fairly obvious once/if you have them in your hands.
I don't actually don't use them now since I now tend to hand launch and catch in situations that would 'require' them.
Incidentally, I do the "hold the top of the landing leg and..........." thing with the Mavic 2 if I am fitting or removing extenders to or from the Mavic 2. ('obviously' this appies to the front arms only)

2022-1-12
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-12 01:34
They are easy to fit and remove, I don't remember the fitting instruction but I found that I fitted the rear end first by fitting it outboard of where it is intended to end up i,e, starting somewhat under/over motor. Then I slid the arm clip up the arm until everything was seated correctly. Then I fitted the other end to the front arm.
When removing them I started with the front end and gripped the exposed portion of the drone landing leg (its top) and pushed the extender off the landing leg with those fingers or my thumb. It saves the front arm and its pivot carrying the force used to remove the extender. Thinking about I did a similar thing when fitting them  i.e. I gripped the top of the landing leg and pushed the extender's socket up the landing leg, with my other hand, until it was seated.
That all probably sounds rather complicated but it should be fairly obvious once/if you have them in your hands.

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I'll order a set. I got the 4 individual folding arms because i thought they would be more convenient because (in theory) you can leave them on when you fold it up. But they actually interfere with the arms when you fold them up. I've heard allot of negative about the type that clips on the body of the drone.
2022-1-12
Use props
Robert Lloyd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49528 ft

United Kingdom

I,m going the sled version
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules