2388 38 2022-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Has anyone experienced " Weak GPS Signal " warning more often after installing the firmware upgrade dated 10 Dec 2021 ?
Single SelectVote, Total 43 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-1-11
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

What controller? I have combo version and i dont have  weak signal on mine not until i go 1-2 KM away near buildings and cell towers... tested at 2.5km urban and signal is stable, drops few times but image is alwas present...
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Goran_m_pg Posted at 1-11 05:26
What controller? I have combo version and i dont have  weak signal on mine  not until i go 1-2 KM away near buildings and cell towers... tested at 2.5km urban and signal is stable, drops few times but image is alwas present...

I have both. And signal is as it was in November.
2022-1-11
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

What controller? I have combo version and i dont have  weak signal on mine  not until i go 1-2 KM away near buildings and cell towers... tested at 2.5km urban and signal is stable, drops few times but image is alwas present...

the one come with the combo. It is not the distance matter. I could still fly  3 ~ 4 km away from home point. I flew at the place where I had  never  experienced this warning before the upgrade. The number of satellite was 19. It should be more than enough.  
2022-1-11
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Like this one . Not the RC signal . It’s GPS signal.  The number of satellites was 12 at that moment.
FC985982-CB81-4C5A-BF84-6FC7A2F336AA.jpeg
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jason WAI Posted at 1-11 05:55
Like this one . Not the RC signal . It’s GPS signal.  The number of satellites was 12 at that moment.

Depending where you fly can have effect on your signal, very seldom my telemetry shows less than 18 sats. Its also possible that you have a faulty GPS receiver.
2022-1-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... GPS signal !!!
2022-1-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 05:59
Depending where you fly can have effect on your signal, very seldom my telemetry shows less than 18 sats. Its also possible that you have a faulty GPS receiver.

... but again: after firmware update...
2022-1-11
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

thanks  frankymusik .  

I'm happy with my Maivc 3. It brings more fun to fly. Just curious about the changes brought by the FW update.  
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 1-11 06:27
... but again: after firmware update...

Mine hasn’t changed before or after update, I never have a problem with GPS.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 06:40
It likely has to do with the gps acquisition issues that have been plaguing users since the Dec 10 update. It’s a known problem but who knows if they will fix it in the next fw.

He’s not talking about acquiring GPS ATO. Weak Signal !
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 06:58
Mine hasn’t changed before or after update, I never have a problem with GPS.

... maybe it is also a hardware problem?
... if not all M3 have it?
2022-1-11
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 06:59
He’s not talking about acquiring GPS ATO. Weak Signal !

sorry for the typo or my english. it should be GPS signal which concern me most, instead of RC signal.

I'm happy with the RC signal most of the time I gusses, although it occasionally lost depending on the location.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 1-11 07:32

Well when did it first happen?
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 09:35
As you know, the last fw update (Dec 10)  caused GPS problems to occur.

I also read on this thread that it comes from defective cheap equipment so I’m certain this did not occur on Dec 10th
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jason WAI Posted at 1-11 07:56
sorry for the typo or my english. it should be GPS signal which concern me most, instead of RC signal.

I'm happy with the RC signal most of the time I gusses, although it occasionally lost depending on the location.

……..
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 09:04
Well when did it first happen?

... it was an (official) statement from DJI support (to me, by phone on January 3rd) that it must be a hardware problem ...
... "if a factory reset of the 's RC Pro does not solve the problem ...".
2022-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 1-12 00:33
... it was an (official) statement from DJI support (to me, by phone on January 3rd) that it must be a hardware problem ...
... "if a factory reset of the 's RC Pro does not solve the problem ...".

Sorry I meant since when has it been a problem , since day 1 or since new FW update.
2022-1-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 02:00
Sorry I meant since when has it been a problem , since day 1 or since new FW update.

Hi hallmark007,
Thank you for your patience!

... I meant that if the behavior (GPS lock) has changed immediately after the new firmware update, then it could also be a "hardware problem" ...

That sounds illogical at first, but with FW "threshold values" for the GPS sensitivity can be adjusted / changed ...
This would make it possible for "bad" GPS modules to become "noticeable" ...

If the DJI support now declares that the next FW will not "tackle" this problem, the only solution left is a "hardware repair" ...
We will hopefully see soon whether everyone will be "happy" again soon with the weak GPS reception.

2022-1-13
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was one of the early buyers, I have had weak GPS messages since fw update 10/12, never had it before and this is from same take  off position in my back garden. Replaced that one because of GPS and too many other bugs, and the replacement has fewer other bugs but still has the GPS bug.
2022-1-15
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

NGC Posted at 1-15 17:23
Be careful. Hallmark will come over and say that the bugs are all in your head, DJI is perfect and the greatest company ever.

Please, NGC, don't constantly bring such personal comments into the technical discussions, please.

Personally, I appreciate hallmark007's statements very much, as he has had a lot of experience with DJI drones...
His comments are always very well-founded and honest!
You can learn a lot from him if you listen carefully...

If we place personal insults here too often, then this forum loses many participants who always help to provide a comprehensive picture of their own experiences...

I'm not a "native English speaker", so I can't always express myself clearly enough...

2022-1-16
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

NGC Posted at 1-17 19:33
https://youtube.com/watch?v=NUU4dE8avnQ

Hi NGC,
I had seen this video before...
It worries me a lot too!

But, obviously there are a lot of people who don't have such problems!
I'm very excited to see which of these problems will be permanently eliminated by the FW update that will hopefully appear very soon!!!

What I noticed is that you "shot" at hallmark007 several times...
And I think that such accusations, which do not apply to him, should not be spread publicly here either!

We should be very happy for any experience that eases our worries!!! We should not fight against legitimate hopes for imminent improvements being communicated here. Please.
Sometimes you really have to be patient...

2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 1-11 07:32

I had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday evening, he was having delays in picking up GPS lock. So he decided To completely refresh last FW using DJI assistant, he had previously updated through the app. For him GPS lock was much quicker. I’m not saying this is the remedy for everyone having problems but if those who are having this problem it might be worth trying this update.
2022-1-20
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-20 04:54
I had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday evening, he was having delays in picking up GPS lock. So he decided To completely refresh last FW using DJI assistant, he had previously updated through the app. For him GPS lock was much quicker. I’m not saying this is the remedy for everyone having problems but if those who are having this problem it might be worth trying this update.

... you can also hear from DJI Support that an FW refresh should be tried.
Maybe it's not necessarily the order (update via the app and then the DJI Assistant again), but the repeated attempt to carry out the FW update...
Thank you for the hint, which may have been forgotten again....

2022-1-20
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-20 04:54

Thanks for this: My remedy at the moment whilst waiting for the update, is to auto take off to the 1.3m height, and straight away once I am at that height it picks up enough GPS signals to give me the home point update message to take off. Works Ok for me for the time being.. DJI Hope you are listening.
2022-1-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Grimtheviking Posted at 1-20 06:04
Thanks for this: My remedy at the moment whilst waiting for the update, is to auto take off to the 1.3m height, and straight away once I am at that height it picks up enough GPS signals to give me the home point update message to take off. Works Ok for me for the time being.. DJI Hope you are listening.

I’m not having problems with GPS, but disconnect has happened a few times and always close in, this was from when I got the drone in November and having tried two remotes it was only happening With RC pro, so not sure but hoping this will also be updated. I’m pretty confident a fairly big update will come very soon. I see the Action 2 got a very big update this morning so I think DJI are obviously updating a lot of their products before their New Year.
2022-1-20
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-20 06:15
I’m not having problems with GPS, but disconnect has happened a few times and always close in, this was from when I got the drone in November and having tried two remotes it was only happening With RC pro, so not sure but hoping this will also be updated. I’m pretty confident a fairly big update will come very soon. I see the Action 2 got a very big update this morning so I think DJI are obviously updating a lot of their products before their New Year.

I updated my 2S yesterday and only today had weather good enough to fly. First battery it took several minutes to get GPS lock. It flew fine. 27 F. outside. Second battery it only took seconds to get lock. I am happy. This with RC Pro. I will be glad when they update the RC Pro. I have a Mni 2 I want to try with it.
2022-1-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-21 11:41
I updated my 2S yesterday and only today had weather good enough to fly. First battery it took several minutes to get GPS lock. It flew fine. 27 F. outside. Second battery it only took seconds to get lock. I am happy. This with RC Pro. I will be glad when they update the RC Pro. I have a Mni 2 I want to try with it.

I flew M3 today not having GPS problems well 30/40 seconds, but everywhere I fly I now get huge amounts of Sats 24/25 all the time. So hopefully they fix the delay next update.
2022-1-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_zhy0TbP0yfRg
lvl.1

United States

DJI told me they dont have record of this issue and want a video from to prove the issue exists
2022-1-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now