DJI Fly App - Media Storage on iPhone
5257 3 2022-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
legal_eyes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90374 ft
United Kingdom

I hope someone can help me with a question that has been bothering me for a while:
I am using the DJI Fly App together with a Mini 2 and an iPhone 12 Pro. Does anyone understand where the storage that the DJI Fly App is using for the media files is indicated within the iPhones settings?
The DJI App itself shows me in the settings the amount of storage used within the 'clear cache' category (album data 35.54GB in my case). The iPhone however seems to be blissfully unaware of this and shows that the DJI Fly App is only using 7.77GB of Documents & Data (in addition to 445mb app size).
When I use the files app on the iPhone I can navigate to the DJI Fly folder where a folder 'OriginalFiles' seems to store all files shown in the app. Does the iPhone not take this folder into consideration?
I cannot wrap my head around this as I am trying to optimise my storage so any help is greatly appreciated. Maybe someone encountered this before? Does it make sense to delete the files from the DJI Fly app album after exporting them to the iPhones Photos app?

DJI Fly Storage in Settings

DJI Fly Storage in Settings

DJI Fly iPhone Storage

DJI Fly iPhone Storage
2022-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a side note,  if you save the images from the app to the iPhone phots album you'll loose some of the EXIF information,  especially location data gets managed.  Far better taking the images from the SD card in the drone.
2022-1-12
Use props
legal_eyes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90374 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 01:08
Just a side note,  if you save the images from the app to the iPhone phots album you'll loose some of the EXIF information,  especially location data gets managed.  Far better taking the images from the SD card in the drone.

Good point, thank you!

I am indeed copying them from the SD card to the computer but e.g. for the quickshots the only way to save them is via the iPhone (if I dont want to do the edit myself) right?

I realise this might be more of an iPhone than a DJI question but it still majorly confuses me where the storage used by DJI is shown correctly within the iPhone settings.
2022-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

legal_eyes Posted at 1-12 02:19
Good point, thank you!

I am indeed copying them from the SD card to the computer but e.g. for the quickshots the only way to save them is via the iPhone (if I dont want to do the edit myself) right?

Ive noticed before the settings storage data can be a little out of date but based on your figures its wildly out.
2022-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules