2s wont connect to iPad 12.9 pro usb_c to usb-C
4457 20 2022-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282877 ft
United States

My brand new 2s wont connect to my iPad Pro 12.9 / latest firmware for both / deleted and reloaded app / OEM cable and two new ones from amazon listing power and data and for 2s (usb-c to usb-c) / usb-c to lightning works fine / c to c cables all work with other devices /  is this a connectivity issue on Apple side or DJI comparability?
2022-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ToFlyITry. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application. In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue? Thank you.
2022-1-11
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for quick reply /this is screen cap with notes from just now

2022-1-12
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I've used my Air 2S with an ipad pro, so it's not an issue with the ipad or controller. It's most likely either a bad cable or you're using the wrong usb port - the one on the bottom doesn't work for this.
2022-1-12
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

7 CABLES INCLUDING THE C TO C  that came in box / along with expensive apple branded cable. Those same cables charge and move data to and from same ipad when not plugged into controller.  As electrical engineer i am pretty sure in correct port as i unplug cable from the controller and plug in C to lighting cable from DJI and iPhone connection is immediate. My 2 year old mini controller when plugged into same iPad Pro works and that’s micro to c cable. There are several different transfer protocols with usb-c cables and have tried them all / same cable plugs into drone directly and communicates with IOS files app and downloads from drone directly to ipad directly so why doesn’t work from controller to ipad.   SOUNDS LIKE A CONTROLLER  ISSUE TO ME..
2022-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello ToFlyITry, fellow engineer and Apple fan here.  I just tested with my iPad Pro 12.9 M1 USB C, with my Air2S and controller.  Worked just fine, with video.  I did have to try many cables back when I started this journey.  I really wanted nice neat coiled cables for USB C to USB C as well as USB C to USB A for my M2 Zoom.  This brand I found worked really nice but only 75% of the time.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seriously, I would order four and one out of the three would connect but never give me video.  So I ordered a bunch, sorted em out, and returned the "bad" ones to Amazon.  : )   I now have a nice drawer of coiled cables for all scenarios.
2022-1-12
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 1-12 19:07
Hello ToFlyITry, fellow engineer and Apple fan here.  I just tested with my iPad Pro 12.9 M1 USB C, with my Air2S and controller.  Worked just fine, with video.  I did have to try many cables back when I started this journey.  I really wanted nice neat coiled cables for USB C to USB C as well as USB C to USB A for my M2 Zoom.  This brand I found worked really nice but only 75% of the time.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HGMK6R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seriously, I would order four and one out of the three would connect but never give me video.  So I ordered a bunch, sorted em out, and returned the "bad" ones to Amazon.  : )   I now have a nice drawer of coiled cables for all scenarios.

That’s the problem that DJI must know but isn’t saying anything.  They include cable that doesn’t work in the kit. And 75% of the time mean at some point the 25% is going to crash your drone. Its a communication vs wiring protocol and DJI ignoring and just letting customers figure it out is ludicrous
Thanks for the reply
2022-1-13
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

Ok DJI / i take the same C to C cable provided that wont communicate with  my IPad and plug it into mini controller with micro to c adapter and instant videos feed so that means NOT the cable or ipad issue / also same cable plugged directly into the drones port connects instantly and downloads pics and videos from installed memory card.
2022-1-13
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-11 23:31
Hello there ToFlyITry. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application. In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue? Thank you.

Hello / I have tried everything you and others in forum have suggested with no positive outcome. I also see the connectivity issue with usb-c shows up on many other controller models based on discussions in the forum. Is there a solution / where is the issue coming from?
I posted screen grab to show what the app shows when controller plugged in.   Seems to be a video transfer issue as when i use same cable plugged directly into the drone my ipad sees the memory card instantly and transfers from card to ipad
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I was looking at the IOS and iPhone post to see what problems had been occurring and ran across another iPad 12.9 who had a similar issue with connecting the controller.  The iPad12.9 uses the new iPadOS.  

As an engineer you probably have an understanding that new often means buggy.  It could be an issue with iPadOS or that the FLY App is not configured correctly to work on iPadOS.  iPadOS 15 was launched in September of 2021.
But given that other DJI drones like the Mavic Mini and Air 2S do not work with the iPad12.9 it is more than likely a DJI issue.
2022-1-13
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-13 22:36
I was looking at the IOS and iPhone post to see what problems had been occurring and ran across another iPad 12.9 who had a similar issue with connecting the controller.  The iPad12.9 uses the new iPadOS.  

As an engineer you probably have an understanding that new often means buggy.  It could be an issue with iPadOS or that the FLY App is not configured correctly to work on iPadOS.  iPadOS 15 was launched in September of 2021.

Thanks for the info / i looked for same issue but with all DJI drones in search on this forum and found issue has been around at least since 2s came out widely and some who complained were running 14 series of ipad OS others in the 15 and 15.1 versions and there were numerous threads for same issue with mavic air, the p4 ands others. The other noticeable thing with the posts appeared to be a moderator replied rather quickly and apologized then offered a few simple remedies and never replied again (just consumers). I have to think the knowledge of this issue is not exclusive to the forum. Those remedies consisted of power off-on ipad, delete and reload app, try different cable and asked for video of the issue. Do all suggestions for the 20th time and screen cap Home Screen from app showing issue and no follow up
2022-1-13
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

Ramon Posted at 1-13 03:59
hay un conflicto entre la toma imagen y carga con el iPad 12,9 del 2018.saludos

Gracias, Pero no puedo leer espanol
2022-1-13
Use props
ToFlyITry
lvl.1
United States

Great news.
I got a reply on this forum from RAMON who appears to have 4 DJI drones and flown over 12 million ft and he said plug in usb -c power cable into remote charging port and POW, BAM,BOOM it worked …
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

ToFlyITry Posted at 1-13 23:15
Thanks for the info / i looked for same issue but with all DJI drones in search on this forum and found issue has been around at least since 2s came out widely and some who complained were running 14 series of ipad OS others in the 15 and 15.1 versions and there were numerous threads for same issue with mavic air, the p4 ands others. The other noticeable thing with the posts appeared to be a moderator replied rather quickly and apologized then offered a few simple remedies and never replied again (just consumers). I have to think the knowledge of this issue is not exclusive to the forum. Those remedies consisted of power off-on ipad, delete and reload app, try different cable and asked for video of the issue. Do all suggestions for the 20th time and screen cap Home Screen from app showing issue and no follow up

I did not know it went back to iPadOS 14.  I just assumed because the post were fairly recent it was exclusive to iPads the that shipped or were upgraded to iPad15.  I'll post in a developer forum to see if it is a USB C phenomenon with the iPad.
2022-1-14
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Ramon Posted at 1-13 03:57
ToflyiTry,para que te funcione haces lo siguiente:conectas todo como si fueras a volar y en el radio control le conectas por abajo la toma de carga unos segundos y ya te sale la imagen...saludos

Translation:

ToflyiTry, for it to work you do the following: you connect everything as if you were going to fly and in the radio control you connect to the charging socket below for a few seconds and the image appears... greetings
2022-1-14
Use props
fans724b083d
New

United States

I guess for those of us flying the Phantom 4 Pro we're out of luck as the charging port plugs into the charger and not a cable...I've been trying to resolve this issue for months with no luck and no help from DJI
2022-3-2
Use props
HOANG Nguyen Le
lvl.2

Vietnam

Hello.
I'm newbie. I owned mini 3 pro and now air 2s. I had same problem when the RC-N1 won't connect with ipad 12.9 M1 and also ipad pro 11 2019. For some first connections, they worked well with each other but after that ipad couldn't see the controller.

I tried to change the cables as well as plug the controller to the power source but no success.

Yesterday I realized when the controller is charged over 70% of battery, it can work with ipad pro. I think there is a conflict matter beetween power delivery of them. Home this trick helps before DJI have some updates.

Have fun.
2022-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules