Mexico Customs
531 2 2022-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rutger11303
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I are planning to make a trip from colombo (sri lanka) to Mexico in the beginning of March.
Because we are on a worldtrip we have a mavic 3 with us and planning to spend 2 weeks in Mexico.
I read a lot of rules that mentioned that drones cannot be used by foreigners, and even can be confiscated if caught during the act.
I was wondering if we can leave the drone at customs in Mexico when we get there, and pick it up again when we leave.
Or do you guys think I should not mention this at all and just take it with me when traveling to mexico?

Hope to make the right decision, the main problem is that we cannot leave the drone at home

Thank you for all your drone wisdome!
2022-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rutger11303. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who visited Mexico can give out there experiences in bringing there DJI drones. For reference, kindly please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries and I will post a link where in you can learn about regulations for your specific airline ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/airlines ). Thank you and please stay safe always.
2022-1-12
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

So I have been to Mexico “rocky point” a few times and it had lots of drone activity. Now with that said I would 100% not tell them you have it and would not use it at all. The risk for them to “lose” it is very high and you will be out of luck!
2022-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules