Mini down - what to do with controller and accus?
1131 24 2022-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1288776 ft
Poland

My Mavic Mini lost connection and tried to return home - hitting the rock. Ok, my fault - I didn't set RTH attitude high enough. I found the wreck - no camera, broken arms, but card was ok, accu probably also good. I had DJI Care for two years. Unfortunately, last one ended a little ove two weeks ago - again my fault, I though it is valid till February. So, now I have wreck of the drone, but fully operational controller, 3 accus, charger, spare propellers and other stuff that come with Fly more combo. What could be done with those things?

2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sell them on ebay or your local selling pages or you could just get another drone only and continue flying.
2022-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ewa i Piotr. I am sorry to read and to now these information and on what happened to your DJI Mini Mini.  Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini Mini, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2751083 ... Vh30w2&LH_BIN=1
2022-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for ebay.
2022-1-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Get back on your horse and try again.
2022-1-13
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 19:28
Hello there Ewa i Piotr. I am sorry to read and to now these information and on what happened to your DJI Mini Mini.  Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini Mini, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Thanks Stephen! I contacted the support and asked for assistance. I hope they will offer some solutions.
2022-1-13
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

GaryDoug Posted at 1-12 19:55
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275108343947?epid=26049616868&hash=item400dbc308b%3Ag%3AtcUAAOSwDsVh30w2&LH_BIN=1

Thanks, but this seller does not ship to Europe. I found some shops in Europe, that offer drone replacement, though the price is higher - about half of the price of Mini 2 basic kit. Not sure if it is worth - Mini 2 should have less problem with lost connection, which caused this crash. Anyway, I contacted the DJI service and I will wait if they offer some solution.
2022-1-13
Use props
djiuser_rkvCjj0T8Bwg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57191280 ft
Canada

Sell your things
2022-1-14
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 19:28
Hello there Ewa i Piotr. I am sorry to read and to now these information and on what happened to your DJI Mini Mini.  Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini Mini, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

I contacted DJI service and they offered assistance. I will send the wreck and I hope for resonable price for replacement (looking at the wreck, I don't believe in repair). I hope I will be soon in the air.
2022-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ewa i Piotr Posted at 1-14 09:28
I contacted DJI service and they offered assistance. I will send the wreck and I hope for resonable price for replacement (looking at the wreck, I don't believe in repair). I hope I will be soon in the air.

Hi there Ewa i Piotr. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information and update. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-1-17
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

History update. I got offer for repair from DJI service.  One arm, cover, gimbal with camera and some cable replacement. I got resonable price for repair with shipment - 113 euro, accepted it and I'm waiting for package. When I get the Mini back, I will let know.
2022-1-25
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Ewa i Piotr Posted at 1-25 09:22
History update. I got offer for repair from DJI service.  One arm, cover, gimbal with camera and some cable replacement. I got resonable price for repair with shipment - 113 euro, accepted it and I'm waiting for package. When I get the Mini back, I will let know.

That sounds reasonable. Good luck when you get your drone back again.
2022-1-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With a camera and gimbal I think that was a blooming good deal.
2022-1-25
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-25 11:07
With a camera and gimbal I think that was a blooming good deal.

Yes, I agree, it is very fair offer.
2022-1-25
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Ewa i Piotr Posted at 1-25 14:27
Yes, I agree, it is very fair offer.

Not bad. Hope the repair done properly. Update us on repair quality perhaps?
2022-1-25
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

When I crashed my Mini, I found the DJI repair price to be quite reasonable, and the repair job was fine.
2022-1-26
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

Guorium Posted at 1-25 15:15
Not bad. Hope the repair done properly. Update us on repair quality perhaps?

Sure, I will test it when I get it back - if only weather in Poland permits. Anyway, I will take mini to Iceland in February.
2022-1-26
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ewa i Piotr Posted at 1-26 18:11
Sure, I will test it when I get it back - if only weather in Poland permits. Anyway, I will take mini to Iceland in February.

Jut don't lose it in any lava flows. lol.
2022-1-27
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

yogi053 Posted at 1-27 03:32
Jut don't lose it in any lava flows. lol.

I wish I had the possibility to fly over hot lava... I have been on Iceland few days before Fagradalsfjall vulcano cased activity, but there was strong wind, so no fly.
2022-1-31
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

How the story ended...
After sending about half of the drone to assigned repair centre (it took few days till package reached service centre in Hungary) things went very fast. In two days status changed from assessing damage through repair and shipping back to me. I got the Mini and... well, if they say they repaired it, I won't argue, but to me it looks like replacement. The drone come fresh new, with all stickers. I am very happy, as the price for replacement (I paid 113 euro for repair and shipment) is very nice. Many thanks to DJI service team!
And one more thing. When connected to controller the Mini also suggested it is new, not repaired, and asked if I want to buy DJI Care Refresh. Do am I eligible for DJI Care Refresh? The drone is new, but I don't have any documents confirming replacement.
2022-1-31
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

FYI - I got confirmation from DJI support that I can buy DJI Care Refresh for replacement drone. Rules as always - buy in first 48 hours after activation or later, but with video proof that drone is airborne capable. I bought DJI Care Refresh and it seems accepted.
2022-2-1
Use props
Mr. Rocketman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6355 ft

United States

It seems DJI sends out like-new refurbished products quite often instead of repairing them. Great business model.
2022-2-4
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Poland

Mr. Rocketman Posted at 2-4 09:10
It seems DJI sends out like-new refurbished products quite often instead of repairing them. Great business model.

Don't know if it is great business model for them, but definitely good for me. I got drone which looks like fresh new, I got warranty and I bought DJI Care Refresh again - I could not buy it for Mini before accident, as it was more than two years old.
2022-2-4
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Really glad that everything worked out well for you. (So now you're back on your horse, as they say).
2022-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules