Jello and Gimbal Issues
430 2 2022-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

Having issues with jello / vibrations and gimbal not properly auto-calibrating (gets stuck at 50%) on my Phantom 4 Pro v1 running V01.05.0600. Bought it used a few months ago from a guy that never flew it so it'd been sitting in his basement since he bought it new in 2017/2018. My previous drone Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian did not have this issue and I flew it for almost four years before a flock of pigeons took it out.

Drone works fine for stills but seems to be vibrating and that affects the video in a wavy/jello/rolling shutter kind of look. It's most noticable when flying directly upwards. Some examples here:

Tried changing shutter speed, framerate, shooting manual, shutter priority, full auto, auto with exposure lock. Changed out props. Tonight I refreshed the software and am planning to check it out tomorrow again however I've been troubleshooting this for a week and will need to rent a drone for client work in a few days if I cannot figure it out (would rather not because that's expensive and stressful).

The gimbal also gets stuck at 50% when auto-calibrating. It happened three times in a row today and I finally gave up. Has been happening about half the time for weeks. We're talking 5+ minutes and then I kill the power to the aircraft. Was on level surface and the aircraft was not moving.

Also noticed when testing inside at home that it seems like the tilt motor gets caught for a millisecond when going up or down. Not always consistent but it's odd.

Maybe these issues are related? Seems like the base of the gimbal vibrates if I put my finger on it.

Most important thing is to get rid of this jello issue. The footage isn't usable for client work. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2022-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there droney_baloney. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persists. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then a corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-12
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 20:00
Hello there droney_baloney. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persists. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then a corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Thanks for the response Stephen.

Any idea what is causing the issue?

As a photographer and videographer with clients scheduled (several today that won't be getting their video at all), I need to be able to plan. It's very difficult to figure out how to do that with no information except that the drone could be gone for up to two weeks with the potential of coming back with the same problem or other problems that I will have to test for.

Right now I can use it for stills which means I can make some money while troubleshooting if there are more steps to try. Please elaborate on why I need to send it in and if there is anything I may have missed in my troubleshooting process.
2022-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules