Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-14 19:35
I didnt know about the CSC idea,
==========================

Then what did you mean by the above?
Not being argumenatative or rude but whether or not  you think "there is 100% no reason or need to put the sticks into that position except by being silly with the sticks" is irrelevant.
It has happened to two people who posted threads on Mavic Pilots.
Finding out, beforehand, about the possiblity of it happening is surely better then finding out that it can happen in reality and having crashed the drone as a consequence.
I came to Mavics whilst flying Phantom 3's, as is Cheddar-man, and if I hadn't been puzzled by the wording of the Mavic Mini's manual I would have carried on in the expectation that
a) the CSC would stop the motors at my command (With 'Mavics' flown with the default response set to "emergency only" it is not.)
b) the delay would be 4 to 5 seconds, as it was/is with the Phantom 3.
Neither of which would have been correct, so Cheddar-man is, at least, forewarned, that was the purpose of my post to him. The subsequent post to you were based on my understanding of your statement above.

2022-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It sounds argumentative...

I didnt know about the CSC idea, i thought the idea of that is to stop the motors so it will just drop, not tested it mind ;)

Was all of it...  and referred to

Also be aware that the CSC manoeuvre is unlikely to stop the propellers in mid air.

but it does do that...
Manual states

“Anytime” indicates that the motors can be stopped mid-flight anytime once the user performs a
combination stick command (CSC).

and also states

The default setting can be changed in DJI Fly.

That all tells me that the default setting stops the motors in mid air when performing the CSC manoeuvre unless you change it from the default setting. Min has never been changed in the Fly app and is still set to ''Anytime''
Your reply is saying that its unlikely to stop the props in the air, hence my reply to you as i was confused.
2022-1-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-15 18:42
The default setting can be changed in DJI Fly.
That all tells me that the default setting stops the motors in mid air when performing the CSC manoeuvre unless you change it from the default setting. Min has never been changed in the Fly app and is still set to ''Anytime''
Your reply is saying that its unlikely to stop the props in the air, hence my reply to you as i was confused.

The default setting is "Emergency Only", if your app is showing "Anytime" then IT HAS BEEN CHANGED.
If you do not believe me look at the two videos. In Daily Droning/KlooGee's video have a look around the 31 second mark. In DroningOn's video look around 6:21.

In "anytime" mode the motors will stop when the CSC position have been held for around 1.7 seconds. In "Emergency Only" mode ( the default) a mid air CSC will NOT stop the motors unless the drone 'thinks' it has suffered or is suffering an emergency.

2022-1-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cheddar-man Posted at 1-14 08:45
Just bought this so it's good bye Phantom forum, though I'll keep me eyes on it as I have many years ow3ning one, and hello Mavic

Did it turn up yet?
2022-1-19
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Nope, going for the Mini SE now, save £200!
2022-1-19
Use props
carlover44
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hello. I'm pretty sure DJI will release an updated version of the Mini2 this year. Improve some of the shortcomings and the output will be a cool new copter. Mini2, after the release of the novelty, will definitely fall in price, and in my opinion it will be price = quality. I'm doing a small social survey for , it would be nice if you could participate. How do you feel about free stock music for videos?
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_bd_/Shahriar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73809 ft
Bangladesh

I am enjoying my new device, here is an example of the video output...

2022-1-22
Use props
carlover44
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hello. I'm pretty sure DJI will release an updated version of the Mini2 this year. Improve some of the shortcomings and the output will be a cool new copter. Mini2, after the release of the novelty, will definitely fall in price, and in my opinion it will be price = quality. I'm doing a small social survey for , it would be nice if you could participate. How do you feel about free stock music for videos?
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-13 04:57
Does anybody know definitively whether there is any truth in this?
No-one ever knows anything about future DJI drones until just a couple of weeks before they are released.
Most all "rumours"are pure fantasy.

I agree with Labroides.  No need to get worked up about future unanounced drones.  Enjoy what we have today!  Plenty more in the future.
2022-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules