Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Add Full gimbal Lock mode in Mimo app
1931 9 2022-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

DJI please add full lock On/Off mode in Mimo app, its a very useful feature to shoot zib /crane shots keeping the gimbal locked but as of now user have to hand hold only then can use full lock mode.

2022-1-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

First question - are you talking about tilt lock or full lock?
2022-1-13
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-13 18:24
First question - are you talking about tilt lock or full lock?

I am talking about Tilt lock mode only.
Using this mode by mounting the Pocket 2 on a pole or a mono pod you can get awesome looking footage but then the camera needs to be controlled using Dji Mimo app which doesn't have Tilt Lock mode its only available using Pocket 2
2022-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ranjan. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-1-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here, the mode selector button which is kind of below the red video 'record' button on the Mino interface allows you to toggle through tilt lock, follow mode, and FPV mode.  It's not a new feature so I don't know why you don't have it on your version of Mimo.
2022-1-13
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-13 20:28
Here, the mode selector button which is kind of below the red video 'record' button on the Mino interface allows you to toggle through tilt lock, follow mode, and FPV mode.  It's not a new feature so I don't know why you don't have it on your version of Mimo.

Thanks for the info I watched the video you shared in another post & realized that what I want is Full Lock mode option in Mimo app. I have edited the post title now.

I was wrong in mentioning it as tilt lock, I stand corrected Tilt lock is available in the mimo as you mentioned.
2022-1-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed, full lock in the Mimo app has been requested before.  On the face of it, it shouldn't be hard to add that, but maybe there's a reason why it has not been done.

Meanwhile, to do what you want, I would line up the shot, press the top right button on the camera itself for about one second to activate continuous full lock, then start the shot from the phone when you are ready.  But usually tilt lock does the job for crane shots if you are only raising the camera up, and that can be done entirely via Mimo.
2022-1-13
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-13 21:42
Indeed, full lock in the Mimo app has been requested before.  On the face of it, it shouldn't be hard to add that, but maybe there's a reason why it has not been done.

Meanwhile, to do what you want, I would line up the shot, press the top right button on the camera itself for about one second to activate continuous full lock, then start the shot from the phone when you are ready.  But usually tilt lock does the job for crane shots if you are only raising the camera up, and that can be done entirely via Mimo.

I did try what you suggested & realized that as of now you cant do full lock from Mimo app but when you do it from Pocket 2 button the lock shows in Mimo app.

That works for now but A lock from mimo app will surely save time while filming on pole remotely.
2022-1-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - I'm surprised they haven't implemented it yet.
2022-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ikdn6nMK5fO8
New

United Kingdom

As a disabled customer I would like this too, I use the gimble attached to my wheelchair with a tripod mount, I can't physically press buttons, but I can use a phone via wireless mouse to control the app.  So adding features to the app makes sense from an accessibility standpoint too.
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules