DJI Phantom APP exits when motors start up
1307 0 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi All,

The problems some people are having with the nexus 7 running 5.0 lollipop where the DJI Phantom APP exits when the motors start up is a wifi bug in the new nexus update 5.0.

If you Google that question, many people are having issues with nexus wifi connectivity. I suspect the frequency has been set to auto, which can not be changed anymore in the nexus 7 settings.

My solution: i either use my HTC smartphone(android 4.1.2) which works perfect or roll back nexus 7 to factory ROM image.(This is a little complicated to do).

I enclose a email response from google nexus with a link if you decide to roll back your nexus.
This is not a ideal solution, but hope a patch update will be available soon. Or perhaps DJI can develop a work around(PLEASE).

Regarding your issue
Hi Tony,

My name is James.

By following the link below, you can learn how to revert your device back to Android 4.4.4 for your Nexus 7 (2013). You can also download the image files for free.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Sincerely,

James

Google Play | The Google Support Team | 0800 328 6081 (UK) / 1800 710 297 (IE) | play.google.com

2014-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules