My DJI Action 2 does not connect to App Mimo
14066 31 2022-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5Gn7l8l78E9n
lvl.1
Brazil

I received my DJI Action 2 but so far I haven't been able to connect with the Mimo App. I've tried it on 4 different phones (Iphone and Android). The same problem always happens as you can see in the video in the link :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0xzclvnuwpblkq/VID_20220112_170457.mp4?dl=0

What I already tried to do:
- Reset to factory settings
- I've tried on IOS and Android.
- Turn off mobile data
- Change the Wi-Fi frequency of the camera
- Reset camera connection
- I've tried DJi support (They kept contacting me and so far nothing.)

Please. Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

2022-1-14
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

When you say "turn off mobile data" - there are many ways to do this - e.g. turn on aeroplane mode - you definitely do NOT want to do this as the Mimo apps communicates to the Action 2 via WiFi and I think also Bluetooth.  If you are already in communication with DJI support they will be the best people to help you.  If you have any anti virus software/firewall software on your phone it would be good to disable it to see as a test if it is that which is causing the issue
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_5Gn7l8l78E9n
lvl.1
Brazil

edwardquan Posted at 1-14 05:48
When you say "turn off mobile data" - there are many ways to do this - e.g. turn on aeroplane mode - you definitely do NOT want to do this as the Mimo apps communicates to the Action 2 via WiFi and I think also Bluetooth.  If you are already in communication with DJI support they will be the best people to help you.  If you have any anti virus software/firewall software on your phone it would be good to disable it to see as a test if it is that which is causing the issue

I turned off mobile data in isolation. And with them activated it doesn't work either. I don't have any anti virus installed on my phone. I've tested it on 4 different phones. I contacted DJI support days ago and they kept getting back to me, I'm waiting until now, too long.
2022-1-14
Use props
Macklin Brooke
New

United States

Same issue. I received my Action 2 right when it released. Haven’t been able to connect to app ever. My Pocket 2 connects just fine though
2022-1-18
Use props
gfdrone
lvl.1
Brazil

This DJ support is unfortunate. Too slow. They took days to answer my call. Now they asked for the camera serial number and the app version. I sent it to them 3 days ago and so far they haven't given me a response or solved my problem. This indifference to an assiduous consumer of the brand is regrettable.
2022-1-19
Use props
Tourmanni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6969 ft
Finland

gfdrone Posted at 1-19 06:35
This DJ support is unfortunate. Too slow. They took days to answer my call. Now they asked for the camera serial number and the app version. I sent it to them 3 days ago and so far they haven't given me a response or solved my problem. This indifference to an assiduous consumer of the brand is regrettable.

Issues here too. I could easily connect to iPhone, but not able to connect iPad. Looks similar what you showed in video, could not connect to net. Can't figure out what is the problem, already installed app again.
Edit: I got support from Dji chat: my iPad is not compatitible with action 2. They put it to wish list though. This list I got: iOS Version v1.7.8
Requires iOS 11.0 or above.
Compatible with:iPhone 13 Pro Max、iPhone 13 Pro、iPhone 13、iPhone 12 Pro Max、iPhone 12 Pro、iPhone 12、iPhone 11 Pro max、iPhone 11 Pro、iPhone 11、iPhone SE 2020、iPhone XS max、iPhone XS、iPhone XR、iPhone X、iPhone 8 Plus、iPhone 8
2022-1-20
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

In your smartphone you must connect the network to the Action 2. Retry the connection several times.
2022-1-20
Use props
gfdrone
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 1-20 07:59
In your smartphone you must connect the network to the Action 2. Retry the connection several times.

I can't connect manually because no smartphone detects the WiFi network of DJi Action 2.

But in the Mimo App it detects the camera's wireless network, but does not connect.
2022-1-20
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My DJI Action 2 and phone had previously connected and was working successfully without an issue - I had previously updated the firmware back in October without a problem, but when I tried to connect my phone to my DJI Action 2 today to upgrade to the latest issue, I also experienced issues - but managed to fix it.  This is what I did - I had to try it a couple of times though - so just be aware of this - also I have an Android so my steps are customised to that platform.

1) Firstly uninstall the version of DJI Mimo app that you have installed.
2) Go into WiFi settings on your phone - check if the DJI Action 2 is a known WiFi network - if so delete it
3) Go to your DJI Action 2 and reset all network settings
4) Ensure WiFi and Bluetooth are switched on, on your phone
5) Install the latest version which is currently v1.7.12 - https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo - DO NOT RUN THE APP YET
6) (On Android) go into App Settings, and make sure the permissions are enabled for everything - and disable the setting to remove permissions if not used for a period of time
7) Go into the WiFi settings on the DJI Action 2 and click on the setting which shows you the device name and password - make sure you can see this screen when doing the step below
8) Go into the WiFi settings on your Android phone and find and connect to the DJI device (use the password that you got from the step above to authenticate on the device)
9) Once the above connection is successful (your phone will report that the DJI has no internet access - which is correct!), load the DJI Mimo app - it should find your phone and connect successfully without problems

At this stage it is a bit difficult to guide you further - as what I did was disconnect and close my app and DJI Action 2 and restart them to test the connectivity works - I got some different actions when I tried different things, and I did some variations of what I did above and now it connects reliably so you may have to do the same, but hopefully it will just work for you.

I hope this helps.
2022-1-21
Use props
gfdrone
lvl.1
Brazil

edwardquan thank you so much for trying to help me. I can't perform step 8 because the DJI Action 2 network doesn't appear on my cell phone to connect. It doesn't show up on Android, it doesn't show up on iPhone. In the Mimo App it even detects the network. But in the wireless settings, the camera network does not appear.
2022-1-22
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gfdrone Posted at 1-22 04:58
edwardquan thank you so much for trying to help me. I can't perform step 8 because the DJI Action 2 network doesn't appear on my cell phone to connect. It doesn't show up on Android, it doesn't show up on iPhone. In the Mimo App it even detects the network. But in the wireless settings, the camera network does not appear.

Make sure tthe phone is on and scanning for WiFi networks, then switch the DJII Action 2 OFF, wait forr 30 seconds and switch it ON again.  You should see the DJI Action 2 network appear.
2022-1-22
Use props
gfdrone
lvl.1
Brazil

edwardquan Posted at 1-22 11:22
Make sure tthe phone is on and scanning for WiFi networks, then switch the DJII Action 2 OFF, wait forr 30 seconds and switch it ON again.  You should see the DJI Action 2 network appear.

The camera's wifi network does not appear on any cell phone. I've tried it on 4 devices. I'm thinking the camera has a problem with your wifi.

When I turn on the camera and go to the wireless information, no camera network name appears.

Then I click to reset the camera's wireless settings and it shows the network name and password. But even so, it is not identified by any cell phone. The Mimo App even identifies this network but does not connect.

I probably got a camera with a factory problem.
2022-1-22
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

edwardquan Posted at 1-22 11:22
Make sure tthe phone is on and scanning for WiFi networks, then switch the DJII Action 2 OFF, wait forr 30 seconds and switch it ON again.  You should see the DJI Action 2 network appear.

@edwardquan, thanks but unfortunately nothing has changed.  Followed your instructions, reset everything, reinstalled Mimo started Action 2 and saw the DJI network, started Mimo connected to Action 2, still having exactly the same problems. I am going to send the logs to DJI. Cheers and thanks again
2022-1-22
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gfdrone Posted at 1-22 13:48
The camera's wifi network does not appear on any cell phone. I've tried it on 4 devices. I'm thinking the camera has a problem with your wifi.

When I turn on the camera and go to the wireless information, no camera network name appears.

Don't hold me to this as I'm not a DJI technician, but the DJI Wifi settings should never get garbled as shown in your first pic - I think the firmware update may have got corrupted or if you haven't tried updating it, then there's a factory issue as you intimated.

Just so I am understanding you correctly, when you can see the DJI network as per your 2nd screenshot, no phone is able to see the same network from the WiFi settings? (Don't use the Mimo app yet)?  If this is correct (i.e. the phone can't see the DJI Action 2, then you will definitely have to escalate to DJI support)
2022-1-22
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 1-22 14:28
@edwardquan, thanks but unfortunately nothing has changed.  Followed your instructions, reset everything, reinstalled Mimo started Action 2 and saw the DJI network, started Mimo connected to Action 2, still having exactly the same problems. I am going to send the logs to DJI. Cheers and thanks again

Hi @forbsie - Urgh - sorry you're still having issues!

I think you're using an iPhone, so my instructions may be of limited value to you and I don't have one to test on unfortunately, but just to clarify ... when you said "... Action 2 and saw the DJI network, started Mimo connected to Action 2, still having ..."

When you saw the DJI network, did you try to connect to it using the phone's WiFi connectivity bit rather than using the DJI Mimo app?  So to clarify:

1) Reset everything (app & Action 2 WiFi)
2) See the DJI network, use the phone to connect to the Action2 WiFi
3) Launch Mimo

To be honest as I don't have access to the source code, I don't know what difference connecting using the phone would make, but logically if you set up the path so that both devices can speak to each other, then hopefully when the Mimo app loads it just sees this path and uses it rather than trying to set one up separately (if that makes sense).

Either way - you did the right thing - DJI will be able to review the logs ....
2022-1-22
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

edwardquan Posted at 1-22 17:08
Hi @forbsie - Urgh - sorry you're still having issues!

I think you're using an iPhone, so my instructions may be of limited value to you and I don't have one to test on unfortunately, but just to clarify ... when you said "... Action 2 and saw the DJI network, started Mimo connected to Action 2, still having ..."

Hi @edwardquan, thanks again for trying to help. Yes I do have an iPhone, but your instruction are generally relevant for it . I did connect Action 2 to the phone's wifi rather than via the Mimo app. Cheers
2022-1-22
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 1-22 21:57
Hi @edwardquan, thanks again for trying to help. Yes I do have an iPhone, but your instruction are generally relevant for it . I did connect Action 2 to the phone's wifi rather than via the Mimo app. Cheers

@forbsie Thanks for the additional info - in that case unfortunately I have nothing else to suggest apologies but DJI support should be able to assist further
2022-1-23
Use props
gfdrone
lvl.1
Brazil

edwardquan Posted at 1-22 17:00
Don't hold me to this as I'm not a DJI technician, but the DJI Wifi settings should never get garbled as shown in your first pic - I think the firmware update may have got corrupted or if you haven't tried updating it, then there's a factory issue as you intimated.

Just so I am understanding you correctly, when you can see the DJI network as per your 2nd screenshot, no phone is able to see the same network from the WiFi settings? (Don't use the Mimo app yet)?  If this is correct (i.e. the phone can't see the DJI Action 2, then you will definitely have to escalate to DJI support)

That's right. When I reset the network settings, it looks like the second photo, but still no device can see the camera network.
2022-1-23
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gfdrone Posted at 1-23 05:14
That's right. When I reset the network settings, it looks like the second photo, but still no device can see the camera network.

DJI support will have to assist further here @gfdrone - apologies - but I've reached the end of where I can help
2022-1-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

edwardquan Posted at 1-21 17:16
My DJI Action 2 and phone had previously connected and was working successfully without an issue - I had previously updated the firmware back in October without a problem, but when I tried to connect my phone to my DJI Action 2 today to upgrade to the latest issue, I also experienced issues - but managed to fix it.  This is what I did - I had to try it a couple of times though - so just be aware of this - also I have an Android so my steps are customised to that platform.

Thanks for that list - sadly with the current version of Mimo it drops the connection after a few moments and does not allow operation of the camera when it is connected.  Previous version is fine but of course it does not have some of the new options within the camera selectable within the app.
2022-1-26
Use props
djiuser_QF4Dsh42kqNm
New

India

forbsie Posted at 1-22 21:57

Buddy it only work's for some time after that you having the same issue again I'll tried it earlier it also happens to me
2022-6-25
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_QF4Dsh42kqNm Posted at 6-25 11:25
Buddy it only work's for some time after that you having the same issue again I'll tried it earlier it also happens to me

Since the most recent firmware update mine is working correctly all the time now
2022-6-25
Use props
fans85486b1d
New

Denmark

Found a fix ! Go to the Action 2 Wifi settings > change the frequency (5 GHZ or 2.4 GHZ) and try again now!
2022-8-1
Use props
chrisel83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183041 ft
United States

It looks like if you manually go into your phone wifi and connect to the camera while it's powered on, then go to the mimo app, it connects fine. Make sure you also go into wifi settings and information to get the password for the camera wifi an manually enter it.
otherwise it wont connect for me automatically even after doing all the trouble shooting everyone else mentioned on this post.
2022-8-31
Use props
bmann86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17690 ft
Australia

I had to change the Wi-Fi Frequency on the device (from 5.8GHz to 2.4GHz) for it to appear as a Wi-Fi network by my phone. I was then able to connect to the camera.
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_QckFvhIxSEgr
New

India

I had the same issue where in I was not able to connect and activate DJI Action 2 device using several devices using different operating systems like Android, IOS etc which I later found out that the issue was not with the mobile devices or camera but just the way i tried activating the action camera. Below are the steps which helped me in resolving this issue.
1 ) Go to wifi settings and forget all the wifi networks also if any network is on auto connect mode remove the same.
2 ) Now install the latest app and switch on the action cam.
3) Follow the guidance and you will be able to activate the device.
DJI service is really poor and needs improvement. Thankfully i tried to do some steps and resolve it myself. Worse there is no video or guidance explaining how to connect if the camera is not detected automatically. DJI needs to kmprove a lot. We do not pay so much for half baked products like these.
2023-1-26
Use props
djiaction2probl
lvl.1
Belgium

Same issue for me. No idea how to fix it. The camera bluetooth doesn't work. The camera wifi doesn't work either. On one older phone I could see the camera via bluetooth but not actually connect to it, on the newer phone I can't see anything. At this point I believe I've tried everything except updating the firmware on the camera, however I don't know how to do that without a connection. Spent hours and hours on this already - is DJI not testing their products before selling them?? This is basic functionality...

Waiting for support to get back to me by email, but they haven't given me a timeline for when they'd do that, so I'm thinking of just returning the camera while I can still get reimbursed... very unhappy with my purchase so far.
2023-2-1
Use props
djiaction2probl
lvl.1
Belgium

djiaction2probl Posted at 2-1 03:36
Same issue for me. No idea how to fix it. The camera bluetooth doesn't work. The camera wifi doesn't work either. On one older phone I could see the camera via bluetooth but not actually connect to it, on the newer phone I can't see anything. At this point I believe I've tried everything except updating the firmware on the camera, however I don't know how to do that without a connection. Spent hours and hours on this already - is DJI not testing their products before selling them?? This is basic functionality...

Waiting for support to get back to me by email, but they haven't given me a timeline for when they'd do that, so I'm thinking of just returning the camera while I can still get reimbursed... very unhappy with my purchase so far.

Ok so I could fix it eventually, with some help from support, which overall was fairly responsive imho (no real-time troubleshooting but one email per day).

I did the following:

* Factory reset camera. I believe this made it possible to change the camera wifi frequency which I couldn't change before.
* Using a different wifi frequency I could see the device with my phone, but it would not connect to it - it would try for a while but never succeed.
* Fiddling with the wifi settings, what seems to have worked was to set the connection to "unmetered" instead of "metered". Then I could finally connect to dji action 2 to the phone, and control the camera via the mimo app.

Now the camera is working as intended.
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_QckFvhIxSEgr Posted at 1-26 07:48
I had the same issue where in I was not able to connect and activate DJI Action 2 device using several devices using different operating systems like Android, IOS etc which I later found out that the issue was not with the mobile devices or camera but just the way i tried activating the action camera. Below are the steps which helped me in resolving this issue.
1 ) Go to wifi settings and forget all the wifi networks also if any network is on auto connect mode remove the same.
2 ) Now install the latest app and switch on the action cam.

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we are glad to know your problem is resolved now.
May we confirm if you contacted us before? Would you mind sending us the relevant number so that we can check the problem asap and see how we can do better in the future?
Thanks in advance.
2023-2-7
Use props
delvin666
New

Singapore

I followed the steps above and it finally worked after a day. ^_^
Thanks to all who have contributed to the solution.
Here is what I did.

1. Install the Mimo App. (Do not open the app after installation)
2. Turn on your Wifi and Bluetooth
3. Turn on the Action 2 cam
4. Wait for the "Connecting to DJIAction..." banner to appear on top of the app
5. Press the Connect button to connect
6. A Wifi setting should pop-up depending on the phone model. Choose the Action 2 Wifi connection.
   (If unsure of the Action 2 Wifi connection name, check the settings on the Action 2 cam (Setting/ Wireless Connection))
7. Verify the connection using the Action 2 Cam
8. There will be a black with the Action 2 cam name and a Connect button. Press Connect

It should connect by now but normally it won't. Check your Wi-Fi connection and make sure your Wi-Fi shows the  
name of the Action 2 cam. Ignore the Bluetooth connection name, if not wait for a while. Also, turn off the VPN for the first connection.

If it connects once, and after you turn off your cam and it doesn't connect anymore, make sure your VPN is off again. If not wait for a day,
It should work just fine after a day. Good luck and Thank you all.  ^_^
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

delvin666 Posted at 11-8 18:48
I followed the steps above and it finally worked after a day. ^_^
Thanks to all who have contributed to the solution.
Here is what I did.

Awesome. We are glad you are finally able to fix your action 2. We appreciate you sharing this with the other users. This will be very helpful. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-12
Use props
Murjo
New

Bulgaria

edwardquan Posted at 2022-1-21 17:16

Hi, I was given my DJI Action 2 by my very generous cousin and am leaning to drive it slowly but surely.  I couldn't get the little camera connected to my Galaxy S8 usingDJI Mimo but after doing the steps you mention here it is now working for me.
Just to say thank you so much
2-26 10:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules