first flight in ~6 month, now slow memory card error?
473 7 2022-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hankhill11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518894 ft
United States

good day all. I haven't flown since mid summer, the drone has just been in storage.

Today I charged the batteries up and turned it on. There was a firmware update which completed fine. When I went to record video in flight, it records a couple seconds then I received a 'memroy card speed slow, format card' type message. I landed, formatted the card, and tried again, but still got the same message.

this never came up before, and I used to be able to record just fine in 4k/30fps with the same card. I did try setting it to 2k but also no luck. Did something change in the ap or software that this card is no longer good enough? I got it when i bought the drone about a year ago and has been working fine for about 100gb worth of conent between pictures and 4k and 2k vids.

The card is a Samsung EVO Plus micro SD XC I U3. It looks like this:
Image 2022-01-14-09-36.jpg
2022-1-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had similar messages from time to time, using  Sandisk Extreme memory cards (64Gb). But the resulting footage turns out OK.
2022-1-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And what does it show with a different card?
2022-1-15
Use props
hankhill11
lvl.4
United States

I will have to scrounge around and see if I have one that meets the 'required' specs. I dont believe i have a micro that is up to snuff other than the original one i got a year ago. good suggestion though
2022-1-19
Use props
DJIAndrei
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906555 ft
Romania

It seems that your sd card caught some digital dust!
2022-1-19
Use props
DroneyK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The same thing happened to me last week. I’d not flown for a while. Firmware and iPhone app are up-to-date. Reformatting the memory card in the drone fixed the problem.
2022-1-19
Use props
hankhill11
lvl.4
United States

Still working on solving this, as one of the first things I did was land, reformat in the drone and try again, which failed. still haven't gotten a new card to test yet. will reply back when i do.
2022-2-7
Use props
hankhill11
lvl.4
United States

I got a new card yesterday. Formatted in the drone, tested for a few minutes inside, no issues. I swapped back to the original card, and within a couple seconds it gave me a slow memory card warning. I will have to do a longer flight to get more confidence, but it seems my original memory card has failed in some way, and the new card works fine.
2022-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules