DJI OM5 Frame Rate
5363 10 2022-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jayj205
lvl.1
United States

Will there be an update for the DJI OM5 Frame Rate to 60FPS in the very near future? I am using a Samsung Note20 Ultra smartphone (Android Operating System)
2022-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jay, thank you for your feedback. Due to the numerous android system models available, the system version and development for third-party ports will have some inconsistencies. To ensure the stability of video shooting, the ability to shoot videos at a high frame rate has been granted to some mobile phones. However, for Samsung devices, 60fps is not supported on DJI Mimo app.
You may need to use the stock camera if 60fps is needed. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-1-14
Use props
Jayj205
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your prompt response. I'll use the stock camera for 60fps or use my other gimble from a competitor in order to utilize the 60fps they support for both ios and Android devices. Thank you again!
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_NLsakIgzz2E0
lvl.1

Mexico

Jayj205 Posted at 1-14 20:21
Thank you for your prompt response. I'll use the stock camera for 60fps or use my other gimble from a competitor in order to utilize the 60fps they support for both ios and Android devices. Thank you again!

Well said... Crippling of basic phone/OS capabilities in the MIMO app seems to have plagued it to the point of aggravation...  I can't figure out the logic of delivering LESS than native apps... Doesn't makes sense!!
2022-5-17
Use props
djiuser_euyuBGKIZFbH
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-14 19:40
Hi Jay, thank you for your feedback. Due to the numerous android system models available, the system version and development for third-party ports will have some inconsistencies. To ensure the stability of video shooting, the ability to shoot videos at a high frame rate has been granted to some mobile phones. However, for Samsung devices, 60fps is not supported on DJI Mimo app.
You may need to use the stock camera if 60fps is needed. Thank you for your understanding.

This is unfortunate. I really like the OM 5 and have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. However, even 1080 in 30fps looks choppy and I was wondering where higher fps options were. Seems there may be an issue with the MIMO app even being able to perform just 30fps for videos on my Samsung device.
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_euyuBGKIZFbH Posted at 5-29 15:15
This is unfortunate. I really like the OM 5 and have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra. However, even 1080 in 30fps looks choppy and I was wondering where higher fps options were. Seems there may be an issue with the MIMO app even being able to perform just 30fps for videos on my Samsung device.

Hi there, sorry for the situation. The system version and development for third-party ports of the mobile devices will have some inconsistencies, 60fps may not be able to be supported in DJI Mimo app for Samsung devices.

If there is a need, you may use the stock camera to shoot higher framerate videos. Hope for your kind understanding.
2022-6-1
Use props
kalinin2day
New

Russia

I also use the Samsung Note 20 Ultra. Yesterday received a package from DJI OM5. I am very offended that DJI is not able to make 60FPS for the flagships of the popular brand. I'm very disappointed. I'll have to sell this device.
2022-7-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Same here, got a S22 Ultra, hoped for active tracking with 60FPS...  And not possible??
Anyone know competition gimbals that can do it?
2022-7-22
Use props
Jayj205
lvl.1
United States

Even though very disappointing when off brands support this 60fps and hoping for a software update, I did manage to set my S20 Ultra Samsung to 60FPS while still using the DJI gimbal for video filming (production) and the video was still pretty darn good. Check out my latest music video using the DJI gimbal with my S20 Ultra set to 60 fps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT02z_PrbBs

DJI, Please figure this out. You have off-brand competitors supporting 60fps so there should be no reason as big and sophisticated DJI is, that someone in the tech department can't figure this out.

Thank you!
2022-7-23
Use props
Jayj205
lvl.1
United States

Even though very disappointing when off brands support this 60fps and hoping for a software update, I did manage to set my S20 Ultra Samsung to 60FPS while still using the DJI gimbal for video filming (production) and the video was still pretty good. Check out my latest music video using the DJI gimbal with my S20 Ultra set to 60 fps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT02z_PrbBs
2022-7-23
Use props
Jayj205
lvl.1
United States

Even though it was disappointing that off-brands support 60fps, I set my S20 Ultra to 60FPS while still using the DJI gimbal for video filming (production), which was pretty good. Check out my latest music video using the DJI gimbal with my S20 Ultra set to 60 fps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT02z_PrbBs
2022-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules