How to increase image quality dramatically!
3005 10 2022-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigglesPippa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423225 ft
United Kingdom

This isn’t an editing tutorial, it’s a camera settings tutorial but I wasn’t sure where else to post it.
Drones have small sensors compared to DSLRs. As a result, the light  hitting the sensor is less, and therefore the noise levels and image  quality at base iso isn’t as good as a DSLR. There is however a way to  make sure you are getting the best out of the sensor of whatever drone  you fly. This technique is common in photography circles but I haven’t  seen it discussed much in the drone world so I made this video to  explain why you should always make the most of the sensor’s  capabilities.
If you have any questions or require further clarification, let me know in the comments.
Happy flying and have a good weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnpeuZUeVo&list=PLhRzzfE4rIVTnp6W2N_SqEpG__ZRyfdH7&index=1

2022-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing, saved this to watch later.
2022-1-15
Use props
BigglesPippa
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-15 01:20
Thanks for sharing, saved this to watch later.

Its a technique I use a lot in DSLR photography. When it dawned on me that I should be doing it with my drone video too, I tested it out. It works even better with drones because they have small sensors so getting the most light possible to them is vital.
2022-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BigglesPippa Posted at 1-15 01:56
Its a technique I use a lot in DSLR photography. When it dawned on me that I should be doing it with my drone video too, I tested it out. It works even better with drones because they have small sensors so getting the most light possible to them is vital.

Thanks,   Sounds like something I should try out.   
2022-1-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Seems worth trying. Although you are talking about the drones in this video, I assume that this can be applied to other small-sensor cameras as well, such as the Pocket 2?
2022-1-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video and excellent camera setting tips.  
2022-1-15
Use props
Troublesbrewin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142231 ft
United States

So! Where the hell was Biggles when you needed him last Saturday?
2022-1-19
Use props
Troublesbrewin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142231 ft
United States

So! Where the hell was Biggles when you needed him last Saturday? - Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull "Thick as a Brick".                            -This was a very informative lesson, Thanks!
2022-1-19
Use props
BigglesPippa
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-15 02:05
Seems worth trying. Although you are talking about the drones in this video, I assume that this can be applied to other small-sensor cameras as well, such as the Pocket 2?

Yes, it applies to all cameras, but especially those with small sensors.
2022-1-20
Use props
BigglesPippa
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Troublesbrewin Posted at 1-19 16:30
So! Where the hell was Biggles when you needed him last Saturday? - Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull "Thick as a Brick".                            -This was a very informative lesson, Thanks!

Thank you. Glad it was helpful.
2022-1-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BigglesPippa Posted at 1-20 10:22
Yes, it applies to all cameras, but especially those with small sensors.

Thanks, will try it out when I find an appropriate time to go adventuring with my Pocket 2. :-)
2022-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules