New mini 2 take off failed
1149 5 2022-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stresseddrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2274 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys setup my new mini 2,everything was all good to go I pressed take off and all 4 props started to spin except one and it stopped and had failed motor warning.I tried again and it said it again,so I noticed the terrain I was on was bumpy,so I tried letting it go by hand and it took off no problem and flew it for 15minutes.
I got home and thought I would test just taking off and landing on my patio I did this no problem.
Does this mean bumpy terrain caused this or was this a stiff propeller?I noticed one was stiff but not anymore
2022-1-15
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

Sounds like a prop was bound up. Try moving it by hand and if it feels any stiffer then any of the other ones id send it in under warranty.
2022-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You say bumpy, that to me sounds like that prop got caught on one of the "bumps" thus fail. even a blade of grass can be a hindrance, so make sure there is nothing at all in the way of the props
2022-1-15
Use props
Footsoup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702 ft
United States

Do you recall which motor it was? I’ve seen a lot of complaints about the right front motor having problems out of the box.
2022-1-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

"I noticed one was stiff but not anymore"

I think something was blocking the motor, possibly a grain of sand or metal. Just to be safe I would check that motor before every flight from now on, just a few seconds.
2022-1-16
Use props
Stresseddrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2274 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks guys I returned drone to shop and got a replacement hopefully DJI can transfer the care and refresh to new drone then hopefully erase my details from old faulty drone
2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules