Phantom 3 advanced grounded!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
addictedtodrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am a forum virgin, so please bear with me.  I am sure this has been covered many times, but i need help.  My phantom 3 advanced is currently running 1.11.20, and has the dreaded esc error, from what I understand is supposed to be a positive feature of the update that monitors the esc's for errors.  My p3a has bearly been in the air in the last 4 years.  In fact the battery has only been cycled 6 time's!  No crashes, no losses whatsoever.  Where and how can i get hold of this mysterious 1.11.30 update, which I'm assuming will disable this feature.  
I have seen many threads showing a DJI expert PM'ing a link to the update file.  
2022-1-15
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

You're in the right place as a DJI member will send you a link.
During all those years of idleness, what did you do with the batteries? They don't like being idle!!

What firmware is installed in the Remote and the batteries? Have you changed anything since you last flew? You can find this in the GO App.
2022-1-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Addy,

Besides the information you get at this site, there is also   PhantomHelp.com   .

Great resource.  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2022-1-16
Use props
addictedtodrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

cheddar-man Posted at 1-16 00:47
You're in the right place as a DJI member will send you a link.
During all those years of idleness, what did you do with the batteries? They don't like being idle!!

Hi there.

Fortunately I think my batteries hibernated!   I put them on the DJI multi charger, and after a while they did eventually start charging.  Currently, the setup is updated with the last firmware DJI issued.  I have had no warnings regarding mis match in the firmware regards to the batteries and controller.  The controller incidentally to an age to eventually come back up!   And I know these can be a pain!   I understand the need for as many failsafes as possible to ensure safe flight of the drone, but can’t understand why DJI have not officially made this fix available?  Even if they created a switch in gui with a decent warning about disabling it.  As far as I’m concerned, my p3a has never been binned, no firm landings, or tail-overs to stall the motor’s which I’d expect to get an esc error from.  I am 100% convinced that the patch will cure it.  
2022-1-16
Use props
addictedtodrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 1-16 01:04
Aloha Addy,

Besides the information you get at this site, there is also   PhantomHelp.com   .

Thanks man.  I will take a look.  I’m not giving up on the old bird.  
2022-1-16
Use props
addictedtodrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Interesting thing happened today.  Messing around with the bird, and all of a sudden, the motors fired up!  No warnings or errors.  Switched off thinking it was a fluke, back on and the esc error came up again.  Damm.
2022-1-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Had that happen to me once with a P2.  I was in an open large property.  Took off from one spot, flew it out and back, then flew it out again in a diff direction after walking a bit for clear LOS.  Talking verbally to a friend at the time.  Then landed it.  Kept talking.  Turned off the controller with confidence.  And the P2 started up and took off!  It had gone into RTH.  Everybody knows you turn the drone off first, then the controller!  That's what talking during flying will do for you.  
2022-1-16
Use props
fansa57d62cf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20541 ft
Poland

Hello. I need the same this firmware 1.11.30. I have the same problem.  Grt.
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules