2214 10 2022-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was looking for my extra 128GB microSD cards but I seem to have used it all up in my GoPro cameras. I was going to buy another for backup yet could not find any locally. Wonder if it's the pandemic supply issue... Anyways then I found that Costco has Sandisk Extreme 400GB microSD cards for $42.99. Curious for that price it was worth trying. While I do not need that much in space, it's good to rotate this between my 128GB if it works. I did read that the Mavic 3 specs support it but no clue if the A2S did in the Fly app since I recall the max was 256GB. Lo and behold, A2S sees it although not the true 400GB due to filesystem or so, but I'm more than happy to have a backup card again!
A2S 400GB support.JPG

Anyways confirming 400GB Sandisk Extreme microSD card does work! Tried a few photos and videos and all recorded fine.

2022-1-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wait until you get into the 1TB card.  best price i've seen is $99.
2022-1-15
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-15 13:14
wait until you get into the 1TB card.  best price i've seen is $99.

Ha, don't tempt me please!    Does the 1TB card work?
2022-1-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thats a lot of space for phots
2022-1-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And if you get lazy and do not back up the card and loose the drone and more than 128gGb of video and photos how are you going to feel?
2022-1-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RobZilla Posted at 1-15 13:34
Ha, don't tempt me please!    Does the 1TB card work?

why wouldn't it?  pardon me but im not super technical so perhaps i can learn something from you or others who might chime in.  if the card is microSDXC, why wouldn't it "work?"  does size have something to do with it?  if by work you mean is it acceptable, endoursed, recommended, or appear on some approved list....but i'm talking about reformat it, recognized by drone, write files to it, able to read files on a computer later = work.  the SDXC standard goes up to 2TB now and i understand there isn't a commercially available 2TB card on the market so no one is going to list a 2TB card as compatible.  at the same time, it doesn't have to be listed in order for me to use it.  dji performs a limited test and creates a recommended list but they can't test everything especially future cards....so why are you surprised to see a 400gb card working in your drone?  i get it there are some devices that do weird things and simply won't accept a card bigger than what the programmer codes in the software but this is a dji and we should expect more, right?

for me, a 1TB card will come in handy when on vacation.  you can backup the card twice a day but i don't feel good about reformatting a card while on vacation.  i'd rather have multiple cards that i switch out daily plus whatever i backup on a computer (if i have one) but a once in a lifetime trip should mean you try to avoid any reformatting....that's my opinion.  at home, i reformat after every backup and outing, it's part of the pre-flight.
2022-1-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can someone PLEASE explain this fascination with reformatting memory cards? I have never done it as a rule and do not remember that having caused me any problems.
2022-1-15
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-15 17:03
Can someone PLEASE explain this fascination with reformatting memory cards? I have never done it as a rule and do not remember that having caused me any problems.

Sure, glad to help. Formatting is the best method to clear the contents of a memory card.

Cheers.

2022-1-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-15 17:03

this might be an old article and no longer applicable, but im old school:  https://www.bwillcreative.com/when-to-format-an-sd-card/
2022-1-15
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I heard that size is not important but rather how you use the card. My ex G/F disagreed ;-)
2022-1-15
Use props
djiuser_whn7dn0XkJnQ
New
Flight distance : 2940 ft

Belgium

Works perfectly with Mavic Air 2S
2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules