Controller/phone orientation Indicator in DJI Fly
537 4 2022-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrunoB99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268678 ft
Canada

I can not get the controler indicator to indicate the orientation... It is in one position and it does not move if I rotate the controller/phone. I tested Iphone with a compass app and it is working fine. What am I doing wrong?
2022-1-15
Use props
BrunoB99
lvl.1
Canada

I just discovered that it works on an Iphone 6 but not on my Iphone 12...
2022-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Given a certain difference between the mobile device GPS and the compass, when the aircraft and mobile device are too close, the direction displayed on the aircraft orientation might be incorrect. We recommend following the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Calibrate the mobile device compass.
2. Calibrate the aircraft compass.
3. Check the environment and avoid disturbances from metal.
4. Fly the aircraft a short distance (over 20 m).

Please keep us posted with the result for us to help you further. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-1-16
Use props
BrunoB99
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-16 04:49
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Given a certain difference between the mobile device GPS and the compass, when the aircraft and mobile device are too close, the direction displayed on the aircraft orientation might be incorrect. We recommend following the troubleshooting steps below:

You were right! I had to enable compass calibration in the system services menu. It was also not working in Google maps live. Once I got it to work in Google maps live mode, it worked in the DJI Fly app!

Thank you!
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BrunoB99 Posted at 1-16 05:59
You were right! I had to enable compass calibration in the system services menu. It was also not working in Google maps live. Once I got it to work in Google maps live mode, it worked in the DJI Fly app!

Thank you!

Perfect! We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue you experienced. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you and fly safe!
2022-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules