Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17356693 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi!

I've been able to create some nice looking images using the x7 telephoto lens in Mavic 3. It is not perfect, but the amount of creativity it unlocks is somehow very refreshing. I do wish however they would allow the RAW capability to this sensor as it would allow for postproduction white balance shifts to be more accurate. Have you managed to get some interesting shots using that lens?

DJI_0272-Pano-Edit-2 Instagram copy.jpg
2022-1-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It looks quite nice.
2022-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Brilliant shot, Alex! Thanks for sharing this with us.
2022-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot.  
2022-1-16
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree. Having a telephoto lens is great even for purely scouting purposes. I also do hope that eventually we’ll get full manual control and raw images. Ideally, any mode/setting should be available for either camera, including intelligent modes, shooting dlog and making panoramas. I guess we’ll see sometime soon what DJI has in store for this lens.
2022-1-16
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was it Riga, BTW?
2022-1-16
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-16 04:17
Brilliant shot, Alex! Thanks for sharing this with us.

My pleasure!
2022-1-16
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DarthSLR Posted at 1-16 08:23
I agree. Having a telephoto lens is great even for purely scouting purposes. I also do hope that eventually we’ll get full manual control and raw images. Ideally, any mode/setting should be available for either camera, including intelligent modes, shooting dlog and making panoramas. I guess we’ll see sometime soon what DJI has in store for this lens.

I mean for photo purposes it sure would be great to have both manual control and raw capabilities. For the video though I don’t see much use for D-Log in 8bit sensor. Maybe something the D-cinelike? As for intelligent flight modes I don’t really much care for them.

And the photo is Warsaw, Poland
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your valued support, Alex. Have a great day ahead and fly safe!
2022-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good Job, I think it would be worth while to allow Raw shooting in this mode. These shots are perfect for social media etc. it would be a complete waste if DJI to not optimise the use of this camera.
2022-1-17
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 1-17 02:20
Good Job, I think it would be worth while to allow Raw shooting in this mode. These shots are perfect for social media etc. it would be a complete waste if DJI to not optimise the use of this camera.

I totally agree! Fingers crossed for the next big update!
2022-1-17
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-17 02:20

Huge agreement with you Hallmark.  I'm finding that I am getting excellent use of the 1/2" camera, such as taking "selfie" photos of groups w/o having to get the drone so close up (which causes anxiety and stress among the willing subjects of the picture).  I really hope that they extend raw and pro settings to the "zoom" camera.
2022-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 1-17 11:28
Huge agreement with you Hallmark.  I'm finding that I am getting excellent use of the 1/2" camera, such as taking "selfie" photos of groups w/o having to get the drone so close up (which causes anxiety and stress among the willing subjects of the picture).  I really hope that they extend raw and pro settings to the "zoom" camera.

Well hopefully we see some improvements that will encourage more use of this camera.
2022-1-17
Use props
vsasolutions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427887 ft
United States

Nice photo.  I have been using the zoom in a few different ways.  Just assisted in locating a dock that disconnected on the intercostal waterway and floated off.  The 28x really helped me scout canals and marsh along the intercostal without having to fly there.  Cover a lot of ground quickly and love that I can use the wheel/fn buttons on the standard controller to zoom in and out.
2022-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules