RC Pro not charging right out of box
4823 9 2022-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

Just had an Air 2S delivered today with the RC Pro controller. Looks like the time to charge from zero is listed as 2hrs for this device. When I got the RC Pro it had slightly over 50% charge based on the LED indicators on the device. I then plugged it into the brick that attaches to the triple batery charger for the Air 2s that it came with (yes, this is the RC Pro, not the Smart Controller – it's a new bundle with the Air 2S). All the drone batteries charged and the charge on the RC Pro hadn't changed (2+ hrs). I checked the connection and it was secure on both ends so I then tried using the brick just for the RC Pro (looks like a giant phone charger brick) with the supplied USB A to C cable. At first I thought it was working (did a sequence of 1,2,3,4 lights several times then started doing the same thing very fast) but then all the lights turned off and it appeared to not be charging again. I tested both chargers on my phone with a lightning cable and they both work with the phone. Am I missing something or did I get a defective RC Pro?
2022-1-15
Use props
fhoelterhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When I got my Mavic 3 Cine my RC Pro only charged to about 50% and then just stopped (no lights anymore) I tried multiple cables and different power adapters but nothing worked. I then switch the RC Pro on and activated it, then I could charge it to 100% percent. Maybe try to activate it, or at least turn it on. I hope that helps.
2022-1-15
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
United States

fhoelterhoff Posted at 1-15 17:16
When I got my Mavic 3 Cine my RC Pro only charged to about 50% and then just stopped (no lights anymore) I tried multiple cables and different power adapters but nothing worked. I then switch the RC Pro on and activated it, then I could charge it to 100% percent. Maybe try to activate it, or at least turn it on. I hope that helps.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that. I watched the setup vid and it said you only needed to connect the cable for a minute to take the battery out of sleep/hibernation/whatever they call it. Assumed that meant it would start charging at that point.
2022-1-15
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
United States

droney_baloney Posted at 1-15 17:22
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that. I watched the setup vid and it said you only needed to connect the cable for a minute to take the battery out of sleep/hibernation/whatever they call it. Assumed that meant it would start charging at that point.

It's lost 10% since I've had it activated despite showing it's charging.  It's at 49% now. Seems to not be functioning as expected.
2022-1-15
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
United States

Looks like it's working finally. Gained 11% now. Thanks again.
2022-1-15
Use props
fhoelterhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Glad to hear that! I had two replacements before my final drone and with that two I did not have the start charging problem, only with my final now. But it was just the first time charging, and now I do not have any problems. I would suggest you have a look it when it charges next time. Maybe use it till its below 50%, better 40 and then charge again and see if it is stopping again at about 50. I talked to someone from DJI and he said, that it can happen sometimes that the first charge may not go up until 100. But when activated it should.
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue that you experienced. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-1-16
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
United States

fhoelterhoff Posted at 1-16 03:25
Glad to hear that! I had two replacements before my final drone and with that two I did not have the start charging problem, only with my final now. But it was just the first time charging, and now I do not have any problems. I would suggest you have a look it when it charges next time. Maybe use it till its below 50%, better 40 and then charge again and see if it is stopping again at about 50. I talked to someone from DJI and he said, that it can happen sometimes that the first charge may not go up until 100. But when activated it should.

I appreciate the info. I'm going to try to drain it today like you suggested and see if I have any problems charging after that. Hopefully not!
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_aJVVQvH73Kw0
New

Bangladesh

I have bought a dji mini 3 9 days ago, but my RC controllar does not charged now. what could I do ?
2022-12-31
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_aJVVQvH73Kw0 Posted at 2022-12-31 08:42
I have bought a dji mini 3 9 days ago, but my RC controllar does not charged now. what could I do ?

I tried several times to get it to work and then it just started working after a while. Wish I had better advice but that's what I ended up doing. Hope you've already gotten it to work by now though!
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules