641 3 2022-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me, Android is not my daily driver. I have been an iPhone/iPad user for years and am pretty locked into the Apple ecosystem. However, it soon became obvious that IOS is not great for drone flying for various reasons, mostly related to heat and screen dimming for me.

The Tripltek tablet was my chance to get reacquainted with Android for flying my DJI drones.  One app that has been particularly helpful for night flying is called "Twilight Blue Light Filter" which allows the entire device to have a red tint filter applied to all apps and the home screen. This saves my nightvision and allows me to tweak the display very well for night time use.

The other apps that I use are pretty common and much discussion has taken place regarding the flyer apps for LAANC etc. One maybe not so obvious one for Android users is also the Apple Music App. Yes, sometimes when just recreationally flying I like to have my Apple playlists and music and they do have a version of the Music app for android.

Hopefully one or both of these suggestions help somebody else. I am also looking forward to hearing about any must-have apps you use on your flying tablet.

2022-1-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info, thanks for sharing.  
2022-1-16
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

LG Gpad 10.1 Android 9 tablet
DJI Fly - Litchi beta - UAV Forecast - B4UFLY - GoPro Quik (remote control and monitor for the helmet cam) - NOAA Weather (shows temps and dewpoint in graphs so I can compute cloud ceiling) - AZ Screen Recorder - PDF Reader (quick access to FAA registration and TRUST certificate) - Avare (shows aviation sectional charts)

I don't listen to music when flying.  I find it distracting at best and annoying at worst.
2022-1-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

shizack Posted at 1-21 20:51
LG Gpad 10.1 Android 9 tablet
DJI Fly - Litchi beta - UAV Forecast - B4UFLY - GoPro Quik (remote control and monitor for the helmet cam) - NOAA Weather (shows temps and dewpoint in graphs so I can compute cloud ceiling) - AZ Screen Recorder - PDF Reader (quick access to FAA registration and TRUST certificate) - Avare (shows aviation sectional charts)

Yes, in general I agree.  There are just certain times though.  For example, when i am literally the only person at the RC park.  Doesn't even have to be music.  I'm told there are other stations.  : )
2022-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules