Fly bug
1143 21 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans097941c4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346988 ft
Russia

Good afternoon. When flying in a straight line, the drone begins to slow down, twitch and gain altitude itself. If I turn off obstacle avoidance, then everything is fine. What is the problem?
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2GRX/HdWwnfjqv
2022-1-16
Use props
fans097941c4
lvl.1
Russia

Fly bug

Good afternoon. When flying in a straight line, the drone begins to slow down, twitch and gain altitude itself. If I turn off obstacle avoidance, then everything is fine. What is the problem?
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2GRX/HdWwnfjqv
2022-1-16
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Though DJI has not formally acknowledge it, the issue is with Obstacle Avoidance/Bypass.  If you select "stop" or "none", the issue does not manifest.  It occurs only while "bypass" is activated.  We hope that the issue is correctable with firmware, and we hope that the next firmware update addresses this and other issues.
2022-1-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Set the drone to brake instead of bypass in the app for now till Dji fixes the issue
2022-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you discovered what the problem is yourself. Try flying in brake mode and see if this works better as Suren above said.
2022-1-16
Use props
redoliver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1698117 ft
  • >>>
Russia

mavic 3 owners leave telegram accounts. Lets share experience.
2022-1-16
Use props
fans097941c4
lvl.1
Russia

Suren Posted at 1-16 10:13
Set the drone to brake instead of bypass in the app for now till Dji fixes the issue

am I not the only one with a problem? I was about to return the mavic to the store...
2022-1-16
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans097941c4 Posted at 1-16 11:20
am I not the only one with a problem? I was about to return the mavic to the store...

You are not the only one with this issue.  It seems that this occurs with every unit.
2022-1-16
Use props
fans097941c4
lvl.1
Russia

Charles Adams Posted at 1-16 11:27
You are not the only one with this issue.  It seems that this occurs with every unit.

thanks for the reply. I was worried about this problem. waiting for it to be fixed
2022-1-16
Use props
Gookie88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 140643 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s hardly a problem, the drone is set to bypass and will move slightly. I read the sensors have quite a long distance. If you want straight lines, try break.
2022-1-16
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was lucky enough to have read about this issue on this forum before my first flight so I don't even know how bad it really is.
2022-1-16
Use props
fans097941c4
lvl.1
Russia

Gookie88 Posted at 1-16 11:50
It’s hardly a problem, the drone is set to bypass and will move slightly. I read the sensors have quite a long distance. If you want straight lines, try break.

you can watch the attached video. in 30 seconds, the drone gained 50 meters of altitude and moved unevenly, although only the right stick was clamped forward. and all this at an altitude of 150 meters where obstacle sensors are definitely not needed. if you fly slowly, the drone will also gain altitude, which I think is very dangerous.
2022-1-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

fans097941c4 Posted at 1-16 11:20
am I not the only one with a problem? I was about to return the mavic to the store...

Nope, this is a widespread issue with every Mavic 3 for now.
2022-1-16
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gookie88 Posted at 1-16 11:50

It can be a significant challenge if you are traveling at speed.  The uncontrolled elevation climb occurs quite rapidly.  And when stationary, the sticks are wicked hot as opposed to break mode.  And I've seen more than one occurrence of the drone behaving poorly when in bypass and in a challenging environment.  It appears as though it can run into an obstacle when it is in the act of actively avoiding a separate obstacle.

From the perspective of going from bypass to break, I agree totally with you.  But if we want to utilize the promised features of "bypass", the challenges become significant.  I don't trust "bypass" very much.
2022-1-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-16 14:37
It can be a significant challenge if you are traveling at speed.  The uncontrolled elevation climb occurs quite rapidly.  And when stationary, the sticks are wicked hot as opposed to break mode.  And I've seen more than one occurrence of the drone behaving poorly when in bypass and in a challenging environment.  It appears as though it can run into an obstacle when it is in the act of actively avoiding a separate obstacle.

From the perspective of going from bypass to break, I agree totally with you.  But if we want to utilize the promised features of "bypass", the challenges become significant.  I don't trust "bypass" very much.

In most scenarios, I'm not a fan of the concept of the bypass feature anyway.  I want the drone to go where I want it to go and not fight with it like a toddler.  This is also one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of the Skydio 2.  It is always a constant fight with getting it to do exactly what I want.  At least with the Mavic 3, we've got the option to Avoid, Brake, or go full Crash mode!  The Skydio only has full Toddler mode!

2022-1-16
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-16 14:52
In most scenarios, I'm not a fan of the concept of the bypass feature anyway.  I want the drone to go where I want it to go and not fight with it like a toddler.  This is also one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of the Skydio 2.  It is always a constant fight with getting it to do exactly what I want.  At least with the Mavic 3, we've got the option to Avoid, Brake, or go full Crash mode!  The Skydio only has full Toddler mode!

My primary use case for "bypass" is one that I hope to never need.  Should there be a disconnect from the RC, I'm a fan of the promised functionality of the "smart RTH".  I must stress, I'm NOT a fan of how it behaves now, just how it SHOULD behave.

I can see others having a huge reliance on "bypass" for some active tracking, but again, this is more about the promised behavior and not the current/actual behavior.  I might use "bypass" for active track if it gets under control.

I'm with you though, in that I won't use "bypass" for manual controlled flight, and I don't use RTH except for emergencies.
2022-1-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A terrible pun but...............a fly is a bug isn't it?  ...... Oh dear
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these post to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-1-20
Use props
fans097941c4
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-20 19:38
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these post to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

does this problem require replacing the drone or do I have to wait for a new firmware?
2022-1-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans097941c4 Posted at 1-21 01:00
does this problem require replacing the drone or do I have to wait for a new firmware?

... please wait (... a few days)
2022-1-21
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans097941c4 Posted at 1-21 01:00

It's a wide spread issue. Considering the long-awaited January firmware is only - allegedly - a few days away, I'd wait, but that's me. Otherwise just return and a wait a few weeks/months while tracking this forum for the fixed/unresolved issues.
2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules