[SOLVED] Mini 2 battery problem ?
3198 21 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

Hi !

First post here but not for good reasons sadly...
(By the way, excuse my english, I'm french living in Quebec).

Today I was taking shots of my house for training and hit a tree while going backward. I was about 20m (60ft) up and the drone fell in the snow (about 1-2ft of fresh snow)
I decided to go inside, remove all the snow and put a fresh battery in it.
The aim was to rotate motors and have a little warm inside the drone.

It fly for 2min the fell down saying "motor can't turn". Strange...
Then it says "aircraft connected in USB" (something like that, it was in french ^^) but aircraft was laying down...

And now I can't bring it up. When clicking on the button it does nothing (led doesn't blink at all) and it make a little sound (the same one when you turn it on).
I can plug it in USB and it charges (only one battery, the other does nothing -- but the two are charging in the station).

I also had a LED "pace" that I can't understand, please take a look at the video : https://photos.app.goo.gl/z8HppqmrrwBeC9Ex8
(1, 2, 3, 4 slowly, like if it was charging but nope)

I have took my air compressor to remove any water, moisture or something else (very gently as you can imagine, not full throttle !)

For now it's sitting in it's case. Waiting for ??

EDIT : here is the flight record if needed : https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BKRW8DZH6VKM73J8SS80/

I hope somebody can help me !

2022-1-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Take the battery out and make sure all the connectors are clean and dry. Let it sit for several hours, tomorrow would be even better, then try again.
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

Yes that's the plan...
What about the video concerning the LED status ?
2022-1-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Look in the manual, under the battery section. I don't think the battery is damaged, just cold and wet.
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks but in the manual I haven't find anything concerning that blinking pattern.
Am I missing something obvious ?

Battery level ? No

Battery charging ? Could be the one but Mini wasn't plugged in !

Battery protection mechanisms ? No too...
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-16 10:23
Look in the manual, under the battery section. I don't think the battery is damaged, just cold and wet.

Neither cold or wet, the new battery I put was in the house all the time at full charge
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The mistake you made will probably cost you dearly. When the drone is wet, remove the battery as soon as possible and do not insert it until it is completely dry. Symptoms indicate damage or, at best, the presence of a water short circuit on the motherboard.
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

I've uploaded my flight record if needed : https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BKRW8DZH6VKM73J8SS80/
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 1-16 10:56
The mistake you made will probably cost you dearly. When the drone is wet, remove the battery as soon as possible and do not insert it until it is completely dry. Symptoms indicate damage or, at best, the presence of a water short circuit on the motherboard.

Yes I was trying to dry it but it seems it was the worst thing to do .... Hope it would dry by itself this night **finger_crossed**
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

For God's sake, who thinks that if you put a new battery in a wet drone, the heat generated in this way will dry the drone? This usually determines the damage. Electrolysis will destroy a delicate device very quickly. Just don't try to put the drone in the microwave to dry it out just as quickly.
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

I don't think your sarcasm helps here but if it please you...
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

The best and fastest way to dry a drone I know is with my wife's hair dryer. This still doesn't guarantee that water will dry underneath the chips, especially when they're hidden under the shielding envelopes that are full of it on the motherboard. Open the battery cover and air dry to 45 degrees C. Good luck.
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

Oh thank you, I was just reading something like that. Trying that right now !
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

Holly molly, it works!!!!!! 10min under the hair dryer and it fly again ! Thanks for the tips.
Lesson learned.
Next time just simply dry everything before messing up
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

The child of happiness. Enjoy and fly safer.
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

For sure, I'm buying propeller guard right now ^^
I'm a little upset / disappointed because when reviewing the footage I saw I hurt the really top of the tree, like 1or 2 feet more and I'm flying over...

Thanks OK for your quick replies !
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Forget the propeller guard. You will limit power and range. Learn to fly in a safe place without water and trees. Then achieve your goals and challenges.
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

Oh I haven't thought about that... range is not a problem, i'm too much afraid of losing an eye contact for now ^^ But power would be a problem.
I think my major problem is evaluating distance / height.
I'll learn
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there davidcasbonne . I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to rectify the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  
2022-1-16
Use props
davidcasbonne
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-16 17:52
Hello there davidcasbonne . I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to rectify the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thank you very much !
It was a while since I've posted on any forum but helps provided here is definitely great ! I'll post more but for good reasons I hope ;)
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Maybe sometimes it's worth lifting the paw up.
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

davidcasbonne Posted at 1-16 20:02
Thank you very much !
It was a while since I've posted on any forum but helps provided here is definitely great ! I'll post more but for good reasons I hope ;)

Hi there davidcasbonne. You are welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules