Connection Questions
227 5 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Pr9bvdwNXL3x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86217 ft
United States

My first drone…..wonder if someone would mind explaining the RC connection colors and strength, what they mean and how they effect flying.  

Mini 2…..connection is normally white and 5 bars. Once I reach certain distances, it will go red. I understand poor or loss of signal. But it appears I can continue flying and controlling the drone.  So what does it actually mean?  I’ve also seen it go green and found no reference to green.  I’ve watched some of these distance test and people continue to fly while it shows red.

Interested in learning.  Thanks in advance for your time.
2022-1-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I never look at the bars. I just make sure that GPS is locked before taking off. When the video gets choppy it's time to head back or better face the drone or fly higher. Make sure the Return to Home settings are correct or fitting to the take off position so the drone doesn't smash into a 70 m mountain when you have set it to 60 m...
2022-1-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at page 12 of the manual, That may help:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2022-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The video feed will break up before the connection to the drone, you can still fly it blind for a little bit.
2022-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Pr9bvdwNXL3x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86217 ft
United States

Thanks for the comments.  
2022-1-17
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

The video feed will break up before the connection to the drone, you can still fly it blind for a little bit.
2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules