Palácio da Pena - Sintra - Portugal
692 19 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

The weather conditions where OK but a series of mistakes resulted in a not so great footage.
Shooted in 1080P instead of 4K and had a severe tilted horizon problem (13º) that had to be corrected forcing me to do a 40% zoom on top of the 1080P video....
Will try again in some time to see if i make it right.

2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Miguel Leitao. Good day and thank you for posting this amazing aerial video you have filmed. Great work and keep flying. .
2022-1-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a magnificent place. It looks great in your video, despite you being a little disappointed with it. If you repeat the flight with the improvements you would like to achieve, it will be spectacular
2022-1-16
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-16 17:46
Hello there Miguel Leitao. Good day and thank you for posting this amazing aerial video you have filmed. Great work and keep flying.  .

Thank you Dji Stephen.
2022-1-17
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

Blériot53 Posted at 1-16 23:38
What a magnificent place. It looks great in your video, despite you being a little disappointed with it. If you repeat the flight with the improvements you would like to achieve, it will be spectacular

Thank you Blériot53. Its definitely a beautiful place, and im lucky to live just 15 minutes away from it.
For shure i  will try again, i just have to troubleshot my tilted horizon problem, because i dont know why its hapening.
2022-1-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-17 00:15
Thank you Blériot53. Its definitely a beautiful place, and im lucky to live just 15 minutes away from it.
For shure i  will try again, i just have to troubleshot my tilted horizon problem, because i dont know why its hapening.

Which drone are you using? Have you tried a gimbal reset/calibration perhaps?
2022-1-17
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

Blériot53 Posted at 1-17 00:25
Which drone are you using? Have you tried a gimbal reset/calibration perhaps?

Im using the Air2S. No i have not. That Will be my next step, calibrate the gimbal. It works ok with the drone on the hand, i tilt in diferent directions and horizon is leveled but once in the air, if there is wind, it results in tilted Horizon.
2022-1-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-17 00:34
Im using the Air2S. No i have not. That Will be my next step, calibrate the gimbal. It works ok with the drone on the hand, i tilt in diferent directions and horizon is leveled but once in the air, if there is wind, it results in tilted Horizon.

I have found. with the lighter drones. wind is a significant factor at 50 metres height, or more - even if the wind at ground level is almost zero.  This sometimes  gives a tilted horizon - particularly during changes of direction.
2022-1-17
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

Blériot53 Posted at 1-17 00:52
I have found. with the lighter drones. wind is a significant factor at 50 metres height, or more - even if the wind at ground level is almost zero.  This sometimes  gives a tilted horizon - particularly during changes of direction.

The tilt is more evident when wind is facing sideways on the drone, thats when the drone have to compensate. There where parts in the circle that the horizon was leveled, thats when the wind is from the front or rear.
2022-1-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-17 02:06
The tilt is more evident when wind is facing sideways on the drone, thats when the drone have to compensate. There where parts in the circle that the horizon was leveled, thats when the wind is from the front or rear.

That does sound logical.  How about reversing the direction of sideslip - with the wind instead of into it?
2022-1-17
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

As you can imagine wind conditions vary, and ive flown severeal times with wind, but dont remember to see such an agressive tilt as on this video.
There are some things i want to try. Two of them are calibrate the compass and the gimbal. They have not been calibrated for a long time, i only remember doing this when the drone was new that is back in May.
2022-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful footage.    Love the location.  
2022-1-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-18 12:32
Beautiful footage.    Love the location.

Thank you DowntownRDB. Sintra is just a beautifull place, full of history, and same amazing buildings.
2022-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-17 00:10
Thank you Dji Stephen.

Hi there Miguel Leitao. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-1-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-18 12:53
Thank you DowntownRDB. Sintra is just a beautifull place, full of history, and same amazing buildings.

My pleasure Miguel.    Hope you are having a great week.
2022-1-19
Use props
Traper50
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390128 ft

Poland

Cool shots
2022-1-22
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

Thank you Traper it was a shame i made so much mistakes. Waiting for the ideal contions to try again.
2022-1-23
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Nice slow circle and relaxing music. Did not notised the horizon at all, as I was concentrating on the beautiful castle.
2022-1-23
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

kyalami Posted at 1-23 03:50
Nice slow circle and relaxing music. Did not notised the horizon at all, as I was concentrating on the beautiful castle.

Thank you kyalami. Im  glad you liked it. The horizon was corrected in adobe premiere, otherwise you will shurely notice.
2022-1-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now