Can DJI FPV be used without the app?
7552 6 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI FPV Owner
New

United States

I cannot find a way to use the drone without the app. Controllers and goggles connect to the drone, but googles say flight is disabled until I connect my smartphone.
Is there a way to use this drone without installing the app?

2022-1-16
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

That’s odd. I forgot my lightning cable last week and flew with just the goggles and RC. I think that’s normal once you’re bound and activated. My spotter usually uses the app on an iPad to check what I can see but we did fine without and certainly no disabling of flight. Maybe DJI can offer some more insight. Do you remember the message wording?
2022-1-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As far as I know you need the app for activating the drone. After that you don't need it (except for firmware updates that aren't forthcoming anyway...)
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you were able to activate the DJI FPV? It is recommended to activate the DJI FPV components for the first time using the DJI Fly application on your mobile devices. Afterward, you can now use the unit without the mobile device as the DJI Goggles FPV will serve as your monitor. Please refer to the tutorial link below. Thank you and fly safe!

2022-1-17
Use props
Eric Vegas
lvl.1

United States

You need to re calibrate the remote and the drone which means emu/compass/geo/ not but not lease is refresh all the updates that’s exactly what I did and no problem at all
Remember——- this fpv by dji is when taking off it always the front goes up and as long u give a little more of throttle it would be send up normal and nothing to worry about that that’s not a cheap drone that when u give a throttle it would send up automatically but no it’s not dji fpv is different let’s jump the story fast when u not sure about what u doing installing new props or what not drone will give u a heads up that right arm is arming more and same as the other arm and one I make sure did is open ur hand and try not to touch the propeller just to make sure the air goes down not air coming up from the propeller
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_jxxFviz4U18a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29334 ft

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-1-17 00:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you were able to activate the DJI FPV? It is recommended to activate the DJI FPV components for the first time using the DJI Fly application on your mobile devices. Afterward, you can now use the unit without the mobile device as the DJI Goggles FPV will serve as your monitor. Please refer to the tutorial link below. Thank you and fly safe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCsj9oDh8L8

Ive axtivated my dji account, updated everything, i have the DJI FPV all connected and ready to fly, but i keep getting a remote ID error, and unless i connect my phone to the goggles, there is no way for me to fly the drone, remote ID error just refuses to let me liftoff, i have tried resetting everything, tried different goggles, switched to the dji motion controller, but no matter what, i cannot fly the drone without the app open, and it has to be on the go fly viewer.
2-5 18:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_jxxFviz4U18a Posted at 2-5 18:49
Ive axtivated my dji account, updated everything, i have the DJI FPV all connected and ready to fly, but i keep getting a remote ID error, and unless i connect my phone to the goggles, there is no way for me to fly the drone, remote ID error just refuses to let me liftoff, i have tried resetting everything, tried different goggles, switched to the dji motion controller, but no matter what, i cannot fly the drone without the app open, and it has to be on the go fly viewer.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the DJI FPV drone supports the RID function and a mobile device is necessary for broadcasting. For comprehensive details, you may check this link. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-7 00:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules