4485 18 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All

If anyone can help .....

Sony A1 with DJI RS2. Trying to connect using the Raveneye. I'm almost there but there must be some settings wrong.

See [color=var(--blue-link)]https://youtu.be/Q7J92wXZYFI

I have been trying everything....

Thanks, Ivan

2022-1-16
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Hi, try in menu Network/transfert remote/ pc remote function:  pc remote on; pc remote Cnct Methode USB; Still Img.Save Dest. Camera only
2022-1-17
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Next in menu: Setup/USB: USB LUN Setting Multi, USB Power Supply On.Tell me if that run correctly with thoses settings.
2022-1-17
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rud Posted at 1-17 02:34
Next in menu: Setup/USB: USB LUN Setting Multi, USB Power Supply On.Tell me if that run correctly with thoses settings.

Rud Hi
Thanks, I'll give that a try and get back to you. Dashing out shortly.
Cheers, Ivan
2022-1-17
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Next in menu: Setup/USB: USB LUN Setting Multi, USB Power Supply On.Tell me if that run correctly with thoses settings.

Rud Hi
So at least the camera screen is working and I do not get the 'USB Mass storage' message.
However, I'm still not getting an image on the app or the touch screen on the RS2.
I've trid both cables - usbc to usbc and usbc to the control ( think that's what it's called?) and still no transmission of image to the app.
Just a note to say I'm using the iPad and not iPhone. I have a galaxy but the app on that can't find the the RS2 or Raveneye.
Do you think I need an iPhone?
Are you connecting your A1 and can see video through the app?
Thanks, Ivan
2022-1-17
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Next in menu: Setup/USB: USB LUN Setting Multi, USB Power Supply On.Tell me if that run correctly with thoses settings.

Also although it said recording on the screen, nothing was recorded! I mean with the cables in. Records fine with cables out. Strange.
2022-1-17
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

HI ivan,
However, I'm still not getting an image on the app or the touch screen on the RS2. your raveneye have to show you a green led when everything are ok (connected to a devive with wifi). if led is Blue there is wifi connection problem with your ipad.
I've trid both cables - usbc to usbc and usbc to the control ( think that's what it's called?) and still no transmission of image to the app. plug usbc from ronin (first one on top) to usbc port on Alpha1. Hdmi from raveneye to A1 HDMI port.
Just a note to say I'm using the iPad and not iPhone. I have a galaxy but the app on that can't find the the RS2 or Raveneye. firstable you have to see on the ronin's screen what A1 output so in menu:setup;external output; hdmi resolution auto;hdmioutput settings: rec media dur hdmi on; output resolution auto; time code output on, rec control on; hdmi info.disp off; ctrl for hdmi on.
Do you think I need an iPhone? firstable you have to see on the ronin's screen what A1 output. If not there is another problem to resolve before try to connect on your external device.
Are you connecting your A1 and can see video through the app? i have A7SIII everything run very well on samsung note 9
2022-1-17
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rud Posted at 1-17 11:25
HI ivan,
However, I'm still not getting an image on the app or the touch screen on the RS2. your raveneye have to show you a green led when everything are ok (connected to a devive with wifi). if led is Blue there is wifi connection problem with your ipad.
I've trid both cables - usbc to usbc and usbc to the control ( think that's what it's called?) and still no transmission of image to the app. plug usbc from ronin (first one on top) to usbc port on Alpha1. Hdmi from raveneye to A1 HDMI port.

Rud Hi

Is there a paricular order that the equipment needs to be switched on? eg, RS2 then Camera then raveneye?

Ok, resopnses:
HI ivan,
However, I'm still not getting an image on the app or the touch screen on the RS2. your raveneye have to show you a green led when everything are ok (connected to a devive with wifi). if led is Blue there is wifi connection problem with your ipad.
- I've never had green, only red and blue. It seems on the iPad that I need both wifi and BT on at the same time for the wifi to remain connected.

I've trid both cables - usbc to usbc and usbc to the control ( think that's what it's called?) and still no transmission of image to the app. plug usbc from ronin (first one on top) to usbc port on Alpha1. Hdmi from raveneye to A1 HDMI port.
- Done - And I assuem the usbc form opposite port to the bottom usbc slot correct?

Just a note to say I'm using the iPad and not iPhone. I have a galaxy but the app on that can't find the the RS2 or Raveneye. firstable you have to see on the ronin's screen what A1 output so in

- Does the RS2 screen come on automatically? it's not happening with the new settings below.
menu:setup;external output; hdmi resolution auto;hdmioutput settings: rec media dur hdmi on; output resolution auto; time code output on, rec control on; hdmi info.disp off; ctrl for hdmi on.
Do you think I need an iPhone? firstable you have to see on the ronin's screen what A1 output. If not there is another problem to resolve before try to connect on your external device.
Are you connecting your A1 and can see video through the app? i have A7SIII everything run very well on samsung note 9

I thought you had the Sony A1 no? DJI say there's no compatibility.
2022-1-17
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Ivan,
i never notice difference on the order to switch rs2 raveneye or A7.
Anyway, first start raveneye, the a1 and finish by the rs2.
To see signal from A1 on Rs2 screen, you have to slide your finger (litle rs2's screen) from the top  screen to the bottom to see if you receive a1 signal on rs2.
At this step the led color must be blue.
Next on ipad or other device you have to go in wifi parameters choose raveneye signal and enter your password writed on Raveneye module.
Next start ronin aplication on your device (ipad or android) and choose "connect to raveneye". Now the led color must be green.
I didn't know that A1 wasn't compatible with Rs2 but a7s3 and a1 look like the same perhaps you can discover some compatibility.
2022-1-17
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rud Posted at 1-17 15:26
Ivan,
i never notice difference on the order to switch rs2 raveneye or A7.
Anyway, first start raveneye, the a1 and finish by the rs2.

Rud Hi

Well done! Great news! I have image on the RS2!
And we have image on the iPad! And active track is working - https://youtu.be/b_Q3y9iyTb8

Not so great.... it's not recording anything on the A1 from the record button on RS2, the app and also the camera! Any ideas ? This must just be a simple setting. - https://youtu.be/tFvtRoTlfU8
2022-1-17
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Ivan, good news.
The sub folder on your sdcard is for proxy file only, normally deactivate proxy in sony A1 menu and go to clip folder to see originals files you record.
I think A1 problem compatibility is perhaps here, protocol could not be the same than a7s3.
2022-1-18
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rud Posted at 1-18 01:34
Ivan, good news.
The sub folder on your sdcard is for proxy file only, normally deactivate proxy in sony A1 menu and go to clip folder to see originals files you record.
I think A1 problem compatibility is perhaps here, protocol could not be the same than a7s3.

Rud Hi

Many thanks for your assistance on this. The proxy was the issue of not recording. Which I find odd. I had that on as it plays easy for checking rather than having to put it through FCPX and create proxies just to view.
I'm putting together a video tutorial where I will sing your praises. I'll link you after.
Cheers, Ivan

2022-1-18
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Sony A1 is very very good tool (for photo and video FF and APS-c) i would have on my hands, i'm happy you can work with it on RS2.
2022-1-18
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rud Posted at 1-18 04:50
Sony A1 is very very good tool (for photo and video FF and APS-c) i would have on my hands, i'm happy you can work with it on RS2.

Rud Hi

Here's my how to: https://youtu.be/XGuyiUqLfDk

Another issue has arisen. You can only get playback when you unplug the HDMI. Just a blank screen when it's plugged in. Any ideas? Maybe something I have to live with.
2022-1-19
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Hi Ivan, it is normal HDMI signal is only visible on your ipad when you push play button on A1 or A7S3, that sent signal via hdmi to your device (ipad) so you can look your playback on your ipad. Sony can't handle the dual screen it is not new.... if you want see your playback on a1's screen, as you know you have to unplug hdmi cable or shutdown raveneye. when your a1's screen is blank push one more time the play button to come back on live.
2022-1-19
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rud Posted at 1-19 08:15
Hi Ivan, it is normal HDMI signal is only visible on your ipad when you push play button on A1 or A7S3, that sent signal via hdmi to your device (ipad) so you can look your playback on your ipad. Sony can't handle the dual screen it is not new.... if you want see your playback on a1's screen, as you know you have to unplug hdmi cable or shutdown raveneye. when your a1's screen is blank push one more time the play button to come back on live.

Rud Hi
Thanks - something odd. Yesterday's videos are there but not the ones I shot today, which are on the card and I can play them back on the camera but not on the ipad. Any ideas?
2022-1-19
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Hi Ivan,
Do you have selected the right sdcard slot to play on A1 (there is 2 deafferents slots you can choose to play in A1)? what is the frame rate? what is resolution?
2022-1-20
Use props
ivanator007
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Rud Posted at 1-20 02:53
Hi Ivan,
Do you have selected the right sdcard slot to play on A1 (there is 2 deafferents slots you can choose to play in A1)? what is the frame rate? what is resolution?

Hi Rud
I think I figured it out. I shot in manual photo mode. It did record video but probably incorrectly. I will test again later and let you know.
Cheers, Ivan
2022-1-20
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ivan and Rud, thank you!!!  This was perfect, and got my A1 to work finally!  I wish DJI had a reference sheet with these settings.  I'm sure they have tested the Raveney with the most popular models, which would be handy for us.

I also have an A7siii, and one note is that both HDMI output settings have to be set to 1080p to get the app to display the screen.  The auto setting will not work as it does with alpha 1.

Thanks!
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules