Gimbal disalignment while executing mission
427 6 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Afarkas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5775751 ft
Slovakia

Hello folks. I have a weird behavior  on my M2Z. I get a gimbal disalignment while flying missions. I start a mission where the drone is flying in circle and pointing to a POI in its center. After while the POI is starting progressively to shift out of the center to the right. When the drone returns from the mission, its camera is pointing slightly to the left (some 15 degrees approx). The gimbal is set to Follow mode and after calibration is perfectly centered. The shift is progressively bigger and bigger as the mission is going on. It happens even after everything is freshly calibrated (IMU, Compass, gimbal)... where is the problem? Any suggestions?
Thank You
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if this unit of yours experienced a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please try to fly the unit in normal mode or other modes just to see if the issue is still there. You may also want to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of the unit and check if there is some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-1-16
Use props
Afarkas
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-16 23:49
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if this unit of yours experienced a hard landing before? In addition, kindly please try to fly the unit in normal mode or other modes just to see if the issue is still there. You may also want to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of the unit and check if there is some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

hi there. Thank you for the reply, and sorry to be late. i had to test all those things...
so, the drone never crashed. i am familiar with dji assistant 2 amd have the newes FW on craft and controller.
when flying manually in any mode the gimball is just fine.
when starting mission, the gimbal starts to slowly shift away from the POI.
In a half circle (with a radius of 1.2km) flown by the drone with the POI in the midle of the circle the shift gets to 15 degree to the left.
when interrupting the mission and returning with the drone home, the camera stil points 15 degree to the left
"mission" i mean a waypoint plan...
2022-1-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Afarkas Posted at 1-19 08:15
hi there. Thank you for the reply, and sorry to be late. i had to test all those things...
so, the drone never crashed. i am familiar with dji assistant 2 amd have the newes FW on craft and controller.
when flying manually in any mode the gimball is just fine.

Thank you for your response. Just a sum up, this issue only happens in waypoints or POI. In this case, we may need to forward this to our designated team for further clarifications. We will let you know once we hae an update. Thank you for your support.
2022-1-20
Use props
Afarkas
lvl.2
Slovakia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 04:21
Thank you for your response. Just a sum up, this issue only happens in waypoints or POI. In this case, we may need to forward this to our designated team for further clarifications. We will let you know once we hae an update. Thank you for your support.

Yes, it hapens only when executing Plans. With, or without POI - the gimbal starts to shift away from the angle of the aircraft set in the plan. The aircraft respects the angles (directions) of the waypoints, but the gimbal shifts away from them... And even after interrupting the Plan and returning home with the craft, the gimbal holds the misalignement aquired during the plan execution...
2022-1-20
Use props
Afarkas
lvl.2
Slovakia

Thank you for your response. Just a sum up, this issue only happens in waypoints or POI. In this case, we may need to forward this to our designated team for further clarifications. We will let you know once we hae an update. Thank you for your support.

Hi... any news since then?
Seems to me that the misalignement is somehow in relation with the zoom... it happens often when the camera is zoomed in...
2022-2-10
Use props
Afarkas
lvl.2
Slovakia

Other DJI users reporting the same issue as i started to make research on forums... are you going to fix this?
2022-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules