Flight Data with lost aircraft?
1769 24 2022-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

So I've lost my drone. It wasn't too far from me, but I went a little too low and hit a rock. The gimbal instantly bent then the drone shot off in to the distance....it's currently in some bushes and I have no a clue where. Anyway, for insurance I need to show flight logs...but it says I need to connect to the drone. How does one go about getting them, any other way?

Thanks!
2022-1-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

To find your flight data ...
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions (that include the new address that DJI swapped to recently).
Follow the instructions and upload your .txt file there.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2022-1-17
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 1-17 12:04
To find your flight data ...
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions (that include the new address that DJI swapped to recently).

Nothing there unfortunately. It's set to sync too but I don't have data, and only connect wifi when doing firmware updates.

...DJI assured me it didn't need a connection.
2022-1-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look in the "profile" section at the front of the app, if you can see a relevant entry in the flight list then the txt log exists..... somewhere on the phone.
Which version of the app are you using and what phone?
The logs that exist on the drone are useless to anyone but DJI, they are encrypted.
2022-1-17
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-17 13:12
Have a look in the "profile" section at the front of the app, if you can see a relevant entry in the flight list then the txt log exists..... somewhere on the phone.
Which version of the app are you using and what phone.
The logs that exist on the drone are useless to anyone but DJI, they are encrypted.

Nope, nada. Very weird. I'm going to search for  my drone tomorrow  anyway so fingers crossed. Spent a  while searching my entire phone and can't find a darn thing unfortunately.
2022-1-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which version of the App are you using and on what phone?
2022-1-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

In the fly app under settings make sure it is enabled to sync your flight logs, then go back into profile and on the left you will see flight logs, tap on that and you will see all your flights there. Connect your phone to your pc and follow the instructions in the link posted by Labroides
2022-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there b9y. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Drone. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said DJI Drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2022-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using? On of them I had to reboot the device to see the files.
2022-1-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

check this on your device :  //android/data/dji.go.v5/files/flightrecord/*.txt

if map is hidden ; use a different file explorer
cheers
JJB

2022-1-18
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-17 16:27
Which version of the App are you using and on what phone?

Latest version, on an Android, LG G5. Connecting to the computer does nothing, I need the drone itself to actually look at the flight logs according to DJI Fly app.
2022-1-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

B9y, unless you intend to send logs to DJI I repeat, "The logs that exist on the drone are useless to anyone but DJI, they are encrypted.". Even if you had the drone  but did not intend to send the logs to DJI then the logs on the drone are absolutely useless to you, Forget about them.
The ONLY logs that us mere mortals can access and use are the txt logs from the phone.
In post no2 Labrodies gave you the address of a site that provides instructions for retrieving those logs. In post no 10 JJB gave you a partial PATH to the the place where the logs should be for the 1.5.xyz version from memory on a windows computer the path starts computer/phone's_name/phone/andro.....      I haven't tried an iPhone with 1.5.xyz on it.

Try JJB's suggestion of an alternative file browser on the phone.
Check the phone's USB settings, you might have to enable some sort of debugging and then an appropriate transfer mode. (google those)
If the logs are truely not on the phone then you are "up a creek with out a paddle" and your only hope is that there is a synced copy on the DJI servers that you may be able to download.
I do not remember how to do that.

2022-1-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

b9y Posted at 1-18 13:06
Latest version, on an Android, LG G5. Connecting to the computer does nothing, I need the drone itself to actually look at the flight logs according to DJI Fly app.

Connecting to the computer does nothing,
When you connect an Android device to a computer you usually have to enable transfer of files to be able to see the files on the phone.
You do this by swiping downwards from the top of the phone screen when you connect.
Then select Transfer Files from the available options.

Your flight data will be on the phone you flew with.
2022-1-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

b9y Posted at 1-18 13:06

..... using discretion about this post ;-) Read my pm instead.
2022-1-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-18 17:27
Connecting to the computer does nothing,
When you connect an Android device to a computer you usually have to enable transfer of files to be able to see the files on the phone.
You do this by swiping downwards from the top of the phone screen when you connect.

Not exactly. You will  not even see the phone listed in the devices attached at all if transfer is not enabled.
2022-1-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-18 20:24
Not exactly. You will  not even see the phone listed in the devices attached at all if transfer is not enabled.

Not exactly??
What did I say that wasn't correct?
2022-1-18
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Good news, I found my drone! She's a little worse for wear...I went out and did a long-arse search last night and yea, got the logs!
2022-1-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

b9y Posted at 1-19 02:31
Good news, I found my drone! She's a little worse for wear...I went out and did a long-arse search last night and yea, got the logs!

Which logs?
2022-1-19
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The wooden logs, obviously. (drone logs). They were on the drone and I connected my phone back to it, they all showed up.
2022-3-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, you see, there is the txt flight log which should be on the phone and readable if suitably processed, then there is a DAT log that should also be on the phone but is likely to be encrypted, unreadable and may disappear if you sync your flight logs with DJI.
Then there are the DAT's that are stored on the drone itself and are probably more extensive that the phone's DAT's but again are likely to be encrypted and unreadable.

BTW as far as I know the txt and DAT flight logs that end up on the phone are NEVER stored on the drone, they are sent ''live'' to the phone and recorded there ''live'',  not "after the fact". So, if they are lost from the phone they are LOST full stop unless you have made backups yourself or sync with DJI. Even if you sync I believe you can only recover the txt flight logs as a routine measure. You may be able to get individual DAT's back from DJI but I believe that is by individual requests for each DAT or, perhaps, a limited range of DAT's.

The DAT flight logs and txt flight logs differ in the information they record, so, as you might be able to see, my "which logs" was a relevant question.

But I will leave you with your wooden ones.

Best of luck.
2022-3-23
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-23 16:02
Well, you see, there is the txt flight log which should be on the phone and readable if suitably processed, then there is a DAT log that should also be on the phone but is likely to be encrypted, unreadable and may disappear if you sync your flight logs with DJI.
Then there are the DAT's that are stored on the drone itself and are probably more extensive that the phone's DAT's but again are likely to be encrypted and unreadable.

That's unusual then, I did go through my phone with a fine comb but I could only find the logs in the Fly app when I reconnected. It's a bit weird!
2022-3-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

b9y Posted at 3-23 19:27
That's unusual then, I did go through my phone with a fine comb but I could only find the logs in the Fly app when I reconnected. It's a bit weird!

HI,

Not that weird....

If you use the app on a (new) phone, connect to the DJI server, than you see the flights again.
If you replay the video than the flightlog.txt is downloaded back from the server to your device.

BTW nice way to get the flightlogs on an other device than the one you always use for flying.
I had to do this once while my USB port on  the "flying" device wasn`t working.
cheers
JJB
2022-3-24
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-24 00:41
HI,

Not that weird....

Just to be clear it's the same device!
2022-3-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

b9y Posted at 3-24 01:05
Just to be clear it's the same device!

oke  same story

If you delete the flightlog.txt from a device, and connect to server, playing back the video will download and bring back the log on your device.

PS not saying that you did delete the file ofcourse, don`t know why you could not find it
2022-3-24
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 3-24 02:29
oke  same story

If you delete the flightlog.txt from a device, and connect to server, playing back the video will download and bring back the log on your device.

Ah i see, thanks.

Yea it's a mystery for sure, DJI couldn't help with that one.
2022-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules