Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

He makes some sense. I am annoyed by the long GPS wait when all my other DJI drones are much faster....why?

As for the horizon tilt. I don't do much landscape video so not an issue for me really.

I have not yet experienced any unusual disconnects and I do live near a major WiFi abuser. So far it's been typical with the M3.

This guy apparently lives in the county to the north of me. Last week while outdoors in my yard I heard a very familiar sound and looked up. It must have been an M2 or M3 IMO. So...maybe him? Seemed to be doing an RTH, or at least a simple straight line, to a park just to the north, just going away from the WiFi abuser.
2022-1-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

saw that earlier plus if you have time to watch the long livestream, it's fun (he's at the 33 min mark):  

i agree with the wait it out and see if the corrections are made.  at first, for any drone i found a tilted horizon to be a huge annoyance until i figured out how to correct it in post.  however, my biggest fear would be the gps and the disconnections.  if you are not having those then the wait seems to be more tolerable.

2022-1-17
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This poor guy certainly looks frustrated. I'm also finding the Mavic3 to be slower in aquiring a GPS lock but apparently a few people on this forum have identified this problem happened only after the December 10th firmware update. Is this was true then quite obviously it is firmware related so very likely it can be fixed with a different firmware. Personally I'm more disappointed with the way DJI made us pay full price for an incomplete product, and at the same time doesn't even have the decency to give its loyal customers an exact release date for the critical bug fixes let alone the missing promised features.
2022-1-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 1-17 21:17
saw that earlier plus if you have time to watch the long livestream, it's fun (he's at the 33 min mark):  https://youtu.be/6d8qp0KNEDA

I sat and watched this whole thing, whew it was long but they make good points
2022-1-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 1-17 22:40
This poor guy certainly looks frustrated. I'm also finding the Mavic3 to be slower in aquiring a GPS lock but apparently a few people on this forum have identified this problem happened only after the December 10th firmware update. Is this was true then quite obviously it is firmware related so very likely it can be fixed with a different firmware. Personally I'm more disappointed with the way DJI made us pay full price for an incomplete product, and at the same time doesn't even have the decency to give its loyal customers an exact release date for the critical bug fixes let alone the missing promised features.

I think because they gave us the December update we might not see one in January, maybe after their new year we will get it. I highly doubt they would want to rush another update out that will cause them more harm than good.
2022-1-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

He has valid points in selling it off and the biggest being that he does not trust it because of the constant disconnects he gets, Dji will need to do damage control because these guys are big drone influencers on YouTube and if they keep going on video saying they don't trust a drone it will hurt Dji badly.
2022-1-17
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 1-17 23:30
I think because they gave us the December update we might not see one in January, maybe after their new year we will get it. I highly doubt they would want to rush another update out that will cause them more harm than good.

Wish I could make a 'partial' mortgage repayment a few days before due date, and not having to pay the balance until I have the money, 'probably' a few weeks later. Under certain circumstances you can negotiate, but you have to at least provide a bloody date!!!
2022-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hes bang on on point with that one.
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 1-17 22:40
This poor guy certainly looks frustrated. I'm also finding the Mavic3 to be slower in aquiring a GPS lock but apparently a few people on this forum have identified this problem happened only after the December 10th firmware update. Is this was true then quite obviously it is firmware related so very likely it can be fixed with a different firmware. Personally I'm more disappointed with the way DJI made us pay full price for an incomplete product, and at the same time doesn't even have the decency to give its loyal customers an exact release date for the critical bug fixes let alone the missing promised features.

The same guy rubbished the M2P when it came out. He bought a zoom, it took him less than a month to sell his zoom and buy an M2P which he proclaimed to be the best drone on the market, through this he had made several videos ranging from how awful the drones were to how great they were. Go figure!

He flew Autel Evo for a couple of years although it had crazy tilted horizon but he was an ambassador for Autel. He also flew Autel evo pro2 which couldn’t fly straight and also had tilted horizon. He now says he may fly Autel new light drone, this drone is also missing much software and we’ve seen very little testing so far. But he certainly likes to do videos about how bad things are but then seems to wind up with the very drones he complains about.

Probably what will tell you a lot about orignaldoughnut is , he has just rubbished the drone says its not safe for him,  yet he’s trying to sell this rubbish to someone else, and remember he actually sells drones.

Now no one is denying the problems he’s having but he’s had similar problems with all his drones and will have with future drones, its strange he waited until FW was about to be released to make this program, one he continually makes with many drones. So is it clickbait or is he really going to sell his customers RUBBISH.
2022-1-18
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 01:42
The same guy rubbished the M2P when it came out. He bought a zoom, it took him less than a month to sell his zoom and buy an M2P which he proclaimed to be the best drone on the market, through this he had made several videos ranging from how awful the drones were to how great they were. Go figure!

He flew Autel Evo for a couple of years although it had crazy tilted horizon but he was an ambassador for Autel. He also flew Autel evo pro2 which couldn’t fly straight and also had tilted horizon. He now says he may fly Autel new light drone, this drone is also missing much software and we’ve seen very little testing so far. But he certainly likes to do videos about how bad things are but then seems to wind up with the very drones he complains about.

Wonder what he would say if the potential buyer asked his reason for selling. 'Because it is crap'???
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 1-18 01:51
Wonder what he would say if the potential buyer asked his reason for selling. 'Because it is crap'???

Well that’s the real problem here, he believes the drone to be rubbish claims to be selling them through droneworks including trying to sell his own which he says is not safe. He’s would known as a shyster for selling his unsafe rubbish or this style of video gets way more clicks than normal mundane drone instructional videos.
My guess is in one months time we will see the video “I Was Wrong About Mavic 3”
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-18 07:10
He shows all the points people have discussed here. He knows more about drones than you do. His footage is better than yours.  Like him or hate him, he has more credibility than you.

Well why not follow him, or do you not believe what your saying ?
2022-1-18
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

If it's on YouTube it's most likely just click bait! Wouldn't trust ANY YouTuber's garbage!
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-18 09:38
He brings up all the issues people are having here. But you could jump aboard the shill train…

Well here’s 4 people with him, who you would call shills and liars , but not all of them having his problems. Just because you’re having a problem doesn’t mean those not having that problem are shills. But you seem free to call everyone the doesn’t have your problems shills. So out of 5 of them 3 without the problem are shills. I think you meant to write “he brings up issues that some are having”

2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-18 10:10
These are common problems. I don’t have the disconnect issue. But it is obviously a real issue and a common issue as people are talking about here, on social media, other forums, etc. The same for the GPS issue and others. 3/5 of those people in the video were complaining about serious issues in this unfinished product. You have a history of putting your head in the sand and denying things- I’m not the only one here that notices that, clearly. That’s why you’re a shill. Because you have some odd fetish in always defending DJI aggressively.

I think its pretty clear you think you can rack up here and insult anyone you like, last week its because of how a guy looks that fell into your ignorant insults. The “fact” is I have never said there was no problems and people didn’t have them, and if I have a problem ill post as I always do. But I don’t come here and post repetitive posts on every thread about the same problem, you seem to think if you keep shouting your big mouth you’ll get what you want and if that means insulting anyone here then thats what you do. You are the ultimate mouthpiece and over the years you haven’t changed a bit. Good bye.
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

NGC Posted at 1-18 10:49
I didn't start the vast majority of threads where people are complaining of horizon tilt, GPS issues, flyaways, Fly app bugs, GPS acquistion. "Goodbye" - promise? I'd love it if the ShillExpress left the station.

Will you two grow up!!! And SHUT UP!!! You BOTH have lots of good information to share. Leave it at that.
2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-18 10:53
Will you two grow up!!! And SHUT UP!!! You BOTH have lots of good information to share. Leave it at that.

NGC has nothing but negativity to share. Open your eyes. The guy is constantly spouting off but shares no videos or any work he has done.
He brings nothing but TOXIC comments to this forum.  Like a little child that has to always have the last word.
2022-1-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Visual Air Posted at 1-18 11:36
NGC has nothing but negativity to share. Open your eyes. The guy is constantly spouting off but shares no videos or any work he has done.
He brings nothing but TOXIC comments to this forum.  Like a little child that has to always have the last word.

Believe it or not, but I have read some good comments from him. But mostly toxic garbage. I reckon every forum has them.
2022-1-18
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-17 19:55
He makes some sense. I am annoyed by the long GPS wait when all my other DJI drones are much faster....why?

As for the horizon tilt. I don't do much landscape video so not an issue for me really.

Just curious, what is a WiFi abuser?
2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-18 11:49
Believe it or not, but I have read some good comments from him. But mostly toxic garbage. I reckon every forum has them.

Unfortunately you are right. They are called Trolls.
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

NGC Posted at 1-18 12:09
No toxic comment here. I gave you plenty of info when the next fw is coming. Sounds like you are a little upset about it.

Once again you speak from a point of Know knowledge. My M3 works just fine. You gave me nothing but B.S. You have no clue of DJI internal workings. So stop pretending you do.
2022-1-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

NGC Posted at 1-18 12:09
No toxic comment here. I gave you plenty of info when the next fw is coming. Sounds like you are a little upset about it.

The question you have failed to answer is this - WHERE DOES YOUR INFORMATION COME FROM???
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-18 13:20
A senior DJI employee.

Well I’m certain he should be able to tell you if and when gps lock will be fixed. Or is he just delivering the mail
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

NGC Posted at 1-18 13:20
A senior DJI employee.

Thank you.
2022-1-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

If you read the posts and reply in this thread in the Mavic Pilots forum, it looks like we are not getting any updates-SCARY
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 21318/#post-1371075
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-18 16:04
If you read the posts and reply in this thread in the Mavic Pilots forum, it looks like we are not getting any updates-SCARY
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/dji-what-january-update.121318/#post-1371075

I hear nothing from DJI , except they have already sent out new warranty’s until February 7th 2023. Why would they put it out to February if all the updates were already done in December. And they are introducing a new Combo set with RC pro according to DJI in January. Do you really think they would do a second release when the drone is still no up to date.

You could on the other hand be right, and they are not going to release new FW, but I can’t see any logic in that. It would be hugely detrimental to their company.
I would say also Brian Krushner has been known to post Fake DJI emails before, and they have appeared on you tube and were proved to be completely Fake….
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-18 17:02
If it is “known” that he has posted fake emails and it has been shown on YouTube- why can’t you show proof?

Not my video, but if you ask Brian himself I’m sure he’ll tell you, also drop bill the droner a line it was his channel that got fooled with it, before he had to retract it. Lastly if you want to troll this forum be the guest of DJI …..I don’t need to prove anything to you proof is there go get it.
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-18 17:09
Ok. So you made an accusation about someone and can’t back it up with any evidence. *That’s* the definition of trolling this forum. Gotcha. I guess you can’t see the irony. #dense

I can back it up. Its already on this forum. But if you can’t find it that’s about you not me. Its funny not a peep out of BK….
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-18 17:09
Ok. So you made an accusation about someone and can’t back it up with any evidence. *That’s* the definition of trolling this forum. Gotcha. I guess you can’t see the irony. #dense

Your problem is your nosying. Its nothing to do with you keep your nose out of it
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced