Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 01:34
Why doesn't he at least wait for the next firmware. or does he know something we dont.

From what is hearing here (rumors only), the major FW update will be delayed with more than 1.5 months...
Don't now if is true, the info is from one distributor that advised to delay the acquisition until official FW appears in order to stop the returns (have no idea if he talked with DJI officials).
So...we will live and see...All that is sure is that DJI works at solving as the negative impact at M3 was big...But this is also because they do not communicate with customers properly, only that poor messages from DJI Sandy-Bell, DJI Samantha and other DJI mods that have no idea what they are talking about, probably never seen a DJI drone flying.And as I explained, if the drone is for work, is hard to keep over 2500 USD blocked on a shelter just waiting for a solving...Time = money.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

OneSnark Posted at 1-18 20:05
Newb pilot here:   

1) SO. . . .how often ARE we supposed to calibrate compass and IMU?   From this thread. . it sounds like "rarely"?   (I am a little paranoid, so I want to do everything correctly - - > I have been calibrating at start of each day's flying - - -> Sounds like I can stop doing that?)

This guy has had nothing but problems with his drone, probably putting it in the fridge is something he should cut out
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 02:06
From what is hearing here (rumors only), the major FW update will be delayed with more than 1.5 months...
Don't now if is true, the info is from one distributor that advised to delay the acquisition until official FW appears in order to stop the returns (have no idea if he talked with DJI officials).
So...we will live and see...All that is sure is that DJI works at solving as the negative impact at M3 was big...But this is also because they do not communicate with customers properly, only that poor messages from DJI Sandy-Bell, DJI Samantha and other DJI mods that have no idea what they are talking about, probably never seen a DJI drone flying.And as I explained, if the drone is for work, is hard to keep over 2500 USD blocked on a shelter just waiting for a solving...Time = money.

Interesting,  he also has a drone company so maybe he heard the same.
2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 02:04
More lies and ridiculous comments. You don’t ever put your drone in a fridge EVER.

And ken booth was a moderator on this forum, not the leading dji tester. And many of us who were on the forum at that time know him well. He was a moderator full stop ….

As I have told you, stop issuing opinions you know Shxt about it...
You have NO training to talk technicalities...leave it to engineers...You are like suckers that says: Covid is not existent...is a lie from occult powers...So please...we accept your opinions about image and drone behaviors, but when some engineers with a degree talk about technical stuff, SHUT UP and Listen!I believe people involved directly in these companies, not someone that have a couple drones and is now "expert"...
2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 02:08

Seems to be a reasonable rumor...as the time to fix all bugs is short, also starting end of week a lot of people from China is entering in Holidays for almost a month...
Hard to say that they will fix so many bugs in no time, as we talk about bugs that are not easy to fix, is a trial and error that needs to be done after all codes change...
When I was programmer, this type of work (for automatics in pharma) was made in 2-3 months at least, then monitored another 3 months to see the behavior in "Live environment".
Now depends on how many programmers DJI have, as it can work in "cubes" programming mode, each team resolve one set of bugs.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 02:10
You have NO training to talk technicalities...leave it to engineers...You are like suckers that says: Covid is not existent...is a lie from occult powers...So please...we accept your opinions about image and drone behaviors, but when some engineers with a degree talk about technical stuff, SHUT UP and Listen!I believe people involved directly in these companies, not someone that have a couple drones and is now "expert"...

Did you not take your meds this morning.

1/. Show me the engineer that says “Put your drone in a Fridge”

2/ Show me the Engineer that says calibrate your compass to improve GPS

If you can’t that’s fine I don’t expect you to…
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 02:08

Funny thing about dobo, he has now been on a video saying he’s going to keep his drone.
2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 02:35
Did you not take your meds this morning.

1/. Show me the engineer that says “Put your drone in a Fridge”

You have the posts from Ken Booth...Also is one with fridge in order to reduce temp, but have no time to search it.
Please show us your degree in order to trust your words more than we trust Ken...I am curious what studies you have in order to make statements related to technical stuff...
And I will show you my degree in Computer Science and Automatics Programming...
Until then, please Shut Up!
Thanks.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 02:48
You have the posts from Ken Booth...Also is one with fridge in order to reduce temp, but have no time to search it.
Please show us your degree in order to trust your words more than we trust Ken...I am curious what studies you have in order to make statements related to technical stuff...
And I will show you my degree in Computer Science and Automatics Programming...

We are flying drones, you think computer science degree qualifys you as a drone engineer. I’m not a drone engineer, I’m a qualified drone pilot up to 25 kg and have completed an ops manual past all exams including practical and I work part time surveying wind turbines on and offshore for a UK company here in IRELAND. That’s my experience with drones.

Just go back 4/5 years on this forum there are many posts from DJI warning not to put your drone in a fridge.
2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 03:12
We are flying drones, you think computer science degree qualifys you as a drone engineer. I’m not a drone engineer, I’m a qualified drone pilot up to 25 kg and have completed an ops manual past all exams including practical and I work part time surveying wind turbines on and offshore for a UK company here in IRELAND. That’s my experience with drones.

Just go back 4/5 years on this forum there are many posts from DJI warning not to put your drone in a fridge.

I told you that i follow advice from engineers that work with drones...even if I have a background of programming, I am not qualified to talk technicalities about drones but take info from ones that are...
Your experience as pilot means nothing in terms of technical, you are just a USER...so do not forget this.
A lot of us are qualified for flying drones, some already have Specific flight for our companies and can use AGRAS, but this makes us USERS, not engineers...
Next time consider this valuable info...As I have not seen anywhere from so called DJI mods this info that is useful.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 04:38
I told you that i follow advice from engineers that work with drones...even if I have a background of programming, I am not qualified to talk technicalities about drones but take info from ones that are...
Your experience as pilot means nothing in terms of technical, you are just a USER...so do not forget this.
A lot of us are qualified for flying drones, some already have Specific flight for our companies and can use AGRAS, but this makes us USERS, not engineers...

Again are you mental. I never mentioned being an engineer. But I am trained in both flying and how drones work. You take your information from DJI moderators Because you just posted this. But then you call them bots. You problem is you spend too much time whining about nothing is ever right to fly, so this shows just how little you know.

Remember you have now posted advice for users to put their drones in fridges “and” that calibration of compass will improve GPS and that advice is mental….
2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 05:06
Again are you mental. I never mentioned being an engineer. But I am trained in both flying and how drones work. You take your information from DJI moderators Because you just posted this. But then you call them bots. You problem is you spend too much time whining about nothing is ever right to fly, so this shows just how little you know.

Remember you have now posted advice for users to put their drones in fridges “and” that calibration of compass will improve GPS and that advice is mental….

What is your so called training and flying and how drone works? Is a University? Is a certified technical training that you made for a year or so? Or is just certified A1/A3 ad A2 courses?
I have made 5 years of University and a Master Degree in order to know how to make computer automations/programming for a large type of controllers/computer systems used in all range of industries, including micro-controllers...
And you tell me you are QUALIFIED TO TALK about these drones TECHNICAL stuff because you are a "trained pilot" and know things because you "survey with a drone making pictures" but you are not even an engineer?
Grandpa, I used to project and make software for that hardware you are "surveilling" by rotating around with a drone and making some pictures/videos )))...so cut the crap with your BS.
I made my point.
Case closed.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 05:26
What is your so called training and flying and how drone works? Is a University? Is a certified technical training that you made for a year or so? Or is just certified A1/A3 ad A2 courses?
I have made 5 years of University and a Master Degree in order to know how to make computer automations/programming for a large type of controllers/computer systems used in all range of industries, including micro-controllers...
And you tell me you are QUALIFIED TO TALK about these drones TECHNICAL stuff because you are a "trained pilot" and know things because you "survey with a drone making pictures" but you are not even an engineer?

Look stop making a fool of yourself. In order for me to qualify as a drone pilot, I had to submit my own operations Manual which covers every aspect of flying drones including how to fly and how drones work how to maintain them how to do full risk assessment when flying in controlled and uncontrolled airspace.
Its a 50 page manual if you want to see and read it Ill send it to you.

But flying drones is my hobby , my career is I’m a fully qualified Goldsmith and served 7 years apprenticeship and worked in Family business for over 30 years and still working. But it has nothing to do with flying drones.
So get Down off your high horse stop posting useless information and keep it about drones. You are continually Posting personal comments, I’m beginning to think next will be racists comments.
2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-19 06:11
Because you sell trinkets you know about drones? Ken wasn't just a "support" person. He was also a beta tester for DJI who had (and still does have) direct contact with engineers. He also worked closely with Ed, who also suggested putting the drones in the fridge for a few minutes for a cold calibration.

And to be clear, Ken knows a heck of a lot more about drones and DJI products than you. And "Originaldobo" did not say in any video he is "keeping" the M3. Again, you have absolutely no proof of that...because it didn't happen.

I didn’t Say he knew more or less about drones than me, but I beta tested M1 P4 and SC but I won’t be telling anyone to put their drone in a fridge or that calibrating compass improves GPS… go insult someone else, it seems everyone here now is laughing about you now
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 02:39
Funny thing about dobo, he has now been on a video saying he’s going to keep his drone.

Was that on someone else's channel?  I got a reminder for his next video where he says he's going to address the haters.
2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NGC Posted at 1-19 06:22
Originaldobo never said that *at all*. Which is why Hallmark can't cite any evidence. Hallmark lies, as usual. And can never back up what he says. Ask him about the times he used to claim that GPS signals were broadcast through cell towers. He will deflect.

He doesn't normally lie to me,   if thats not the case im sure its an honest mistake.

And A-GPS does use cell phone towers.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 06:24
He doesn't normally lie to me,   if thats not the case im sure its an honest mistake.

And A-GPS does use cell phone towers.

I don’t normally lie to anyone.

Checkout video at 107 Dobo says he will give DJI a chance to reach out.

2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 06:30
I don’t normally lie to anyone.

Checkout video at 107 Dobo says he will give DJI a chance to reach out.

Thanks hallmark007,  I didnt think you'd be lying.    I dont usually watch these chat videos,  not enough time in the day usually.
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NGC Posted at 1-19 06:32
A-GPS does not broadcast GPS signal out from cell towers. What Hallmark said in the past was that google maps in your phone gets its GPS data from cell towers. He was roundly laughed out of the forums for days. That was hilarious.

OK,   well he's just posted where Dobo says he will give DJI a crack to make things right before he sells it.
2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

All point here was related to what Ken says about how is correct to do IMU calibration and other things...I just posted the info, believing will help others not to make mistakes and recalibrate a lot the IMU and wondering after why the drone fly away.
             But when Hallmark tried to poze as a smartass and says he knows tech better and what Ken say is BS, then I believe was clear that he is having serious issues...
             And it is not about M3 being good or bad...AT THIS POINT I have clearly specified that if you work with the drones every day, M3 AT THIS POINT is a bad joke, as you cannot put trust on it, especially when you work under contracts.
             This is what says also Dobo...not that is a Piece of S., but that is not trusty for works at this moment.
              But if you are a DJI fanatic, of course you take this info and just tell is BS and denigrate someone you have no idea who is...
              Hallmark, I believe that both Dobo and I work with drones more than you inspect some windmills or whatever you inspect...And we work with a lot of footage that is edited, rendered, special effects and so on...As you just take some photos and a video and give it to any contractor you have, with minimal post and minimal imagination.
              So stop being a silly, respect your colleagues and resume at what you know (to take photos and video with a drone = user aka Drone Pilot)...and this is not DIGGING OTHERS!
              When you will have proper knowledge related to programming, electrical circuitry, modular design, automatics or any technical thing, we can talk about whatever you like and your opinion will be nice to have...I do respect the opinion of engineers working inside DJI and Autel, as they are in the middle of things and better informed (except silly mods from here that will just copy paste their answer to any problem, as they are pure monkeys). Until then, only one advice for you: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Cheers.
2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 07:46
All point here was related to what Ken says about how is correct to do IMU calibration and other things...I just posted the info, believing will help others not to make mistakes and recalibrate a lot the IMU and wondering after why the drone fly away.
             But when Hallmark tried to poze as a smartass and says he knows tech better and what Ken say is BS, then I believe was clear that he is having serious issues...
             And it is not about M3 being good or bad...AT THIS POINT I have clearly specified that if you work with the drones every day, M3 AT THIS POINT is a bad joke, as you cannot put trust on it, especially when you work under contracts.

Wow you talk a big game. What happened to this.

2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 08:26
Wow you talk a big game. What happened to this.

https://youtu.be/iF6-BXVMx2I

)))) I die laughing here...
Is a free job with a Mini 2 )))
But thanks for reminding me, had a really good time there and for some delicious cakes and a very good wine, I put him a free no-pro video...
You will not find pro works from our company there Hallmark, we have contracts with companies that demands 100% confidentiality, as we know their moves before anyone, so cannot afford to make it public...
Do you need some other experiments posted in free time by us?
You can always find it here ))))))) :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCriYbhBI1-4TUgepR7JbOnA
2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

PS. When we will have free time, will also make a proper commercial with/for our company too...will let you know, and for sure will ask you to review it )))))))))))))))))
Until then, we are too busy with others ))))
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 09:51
)))) I die laughing here...
Is a free job with a Mini 2 )))
But thanks for reminding me, had a really good time there and for some delicious cakes and a very good wine, I put him a free no-pro video...

You have also posted some pretty bad examples with Autel pro, for someone who talks a huge game it’s incredibly Disapointing. I understand why clients demand confidentiality, they don't want anybody watching this OMG. If this is what you call professional work I’d look at another career
2022-1-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-19 09:55
You have also posted some pretty bad examples with Autel pro, for someone who talks a huge game it’s incredibly Disapointing. If this is what you call professional work I’d look at another career

You have no more ideas related to technical ?
Starting a lame DIGGING Others? Your profession is seen from distance ))))
BE a MAN David...not a chicken...accept your bad habits and mistakes...
Also accept that you reached a point when everything is obsolete...even you.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 09:58
You have no more ideas related to technical ?
Starting a lame DIGGING Others? Your profession is seen from distance ))))
BE a MAN David...not a chicken...accept your bad habits and mistakes...

You really need to translate what you’re Writing a bit better, there is very little that makes sense .

Now quit the trolling so long go troll at Autel this forum is for Mavic3 users.
2022-1-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-18 10:57
Watching the NFL Playoffs should take care of that.

Well since I have 3 beer fridges it would take a fairly large party to knock out that inventory.  
2022-1-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-18 12:28
Easy solution!  Drink more!

I'll probably need lots of help as I have 3 fully stocked beer fridges.  But I will give it a try.  
2022-1-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 11:18
Well since I have 3 beer fridges it would take a fairly large party to knock out that inventory.

You only need to empty one
2022-1-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 11:25
I'll probably need lots of help as I have 3 fully stocked beer fridges.  But I will give it a try.

If you need some volunteers for assistance, I’ll be right over!
2022-1-19
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to add M3 to my fleet but as-is I'm not ready to take the risk.  The specs are impressive.   I really hope DJI gets the major issues resolved soon.  
2022-1-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-19 02:10

You could do well to listen to your own advice. I read your post about calibrating the compass and it is mostly urban crap. And that's from someone who who has had drones since the early DJI products and has enough technical knowledge to know what he is talking about.
2022-1-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules