Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NO January Update?
12Next >
2487 60 2022-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wrote DJI about the "January" update and they said we got it in December. I followed up with the drone isn't 100% and they responded nothing else is coming except maybe waypoints in the future???

Screenshot 2022-01-18 055005.jpg
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You did forge one of these before and it was posted by bill the droner, is this one real ?
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I feared DJI would say this.
2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

NGC Posted at 1-18 11:10
Don't listen to the ShillMark. The "January" update isn't coming in "January". And yes, your info lines up with what I've been told.

Please share what you personally have been told. Back your comments up with the data.
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-18 11:31
"Data"? Wtf are you talking about? You want some python code? I will say it again - there will not be a "January" update. There will be an update on February 17 that adds panorama but doesn't "fix" the most common bugs that people are complaining about. Then there will be a lengthy process of slowly seeing if they can fix some of the bugs over time (some appear to be hardware related). Things are delayed significantly due to a whole variety of reasons / lockdowns/ Chinese New Year / etc.

not sure why anyone would not find this believable.  i mentioned it before, if the update doesn't go out right about now, it doesn't make sense to release it before chinese new year where there is probably nobody that can help and for sure, won't be able to respond to a catastrophe.  if released today, at least dji could see if anything blows up in the next couple of weeks but they still wouldnt have fix anything.
does everyone know what the chinese new year mean?  not the same as new years here in the usa.  this was a long time ago for me but at that time, you couldn't reach anyone and to be honest, you didn't even try.  respect.
2022-1-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Data"? Wtf are you talking about? You want some python code? I will say it again - there will not be a "January" update. There will be an update on February 17 that adds panorama but doesn't "fix" the most common bugs that people are complaining about. Then there will be a lengthy process of slowly seeing if they can fix some of the bugs over time (some appear to be hardware related). Things are delayed significantly due to a whole variety of reasons / lockdowns/ Chinese New Year / etc.

I think that they are looking for source information (an answer to who or what is your source).  Hopefully not as a reflection on your accuracy or character, but kind of like in reporting, or peer reviewing.  Such as an online site that conveyed this information, or attributing it to a DJI employee, or an unnamed source that you are not comfortable divulging as they are passing on state secrets and you don't want to lose access, or a mix.

Providing sources would elevate this information from "tabloid" equivalent (hit and miss on accuracy, or "here say", or gossip) to "news" level.

I assume you have a source you do not wish to compromise.
2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 1-18 11:45
I think that they are looking for source information (an answer to who or what is your source).  Hopefully not as a reflection on your accuracy or character, but kind of like in reporting, or peer reviewing.  Such as an online site that conveyed this information, or attributing it to a DJI employee, or an unnamed source that you are not comfortable divulging as they are passing on state secrets and you don't want to lose access, or a mix.

Providing sources would elevate this information from "tabloid" equivalent (hit and miss on accuracy, or "here say", or gossip) to "news" level.

Exactly. He has no credibility.
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 1-18 11:45
I think that they are looking for source information (an answer to who or what is your source).  Hopefully not as a reflection on your accuracy or character, but kind of like in reporting, or peer reviewing.  Such as an online site that conveyed this information, or attributing it to a DJI employee, or an unnamed source that you are not comfortable divulging as they are passing on state secrets and you don't want to lose access, or a mix.

Providing sources would elevate this information from "tabloid" equivalent (hit and miss on accuracy, or "here say", or gossip) to "news" level.

All I can tell you is when I asked dji support and on twitter I got exactly the same answer. Basically you have to wait for announcement. The OP above has in the past forged these dji messages and has somewhat of a reputation on you tube for posting false dji reply’s including from dji head office. But almost always in vain…..
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

You keep spouting "From what I have been told" so I am asking you who told you directly from DJI?
Please tell us the source of your information. Or simply admit you do not no for sure. Stop you B.S
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

NGC Posted at 1-18 12:00
Sure. I don't want to compromise my source. But I don't need to "prove" it in a "peer-reviewed" fashion. This sure ain't the Lancet. Believe me or don't. I don't care. January will pass and everyone here will be like a bunch of angry little ants. Oh well.
"Support" which is a bunch of contracted offshore people have been instructed to point you to the December firmware update if you ask about a firmware update in January.

Because you do not have a source. Plain and Simple.
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

NGC Posted at 1-18 12:07
I won't give up the name of the person who told me or who my source is. That's a laughable request.

Because you do not have a source. Plain and Simple. What was your name before you changed it to NGC?
Maybe you would be kind enough to divulge that little secret. BTW the only thing laughable here is the nonsense that keeps falling out of your mouth.
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

NGC Posted at 1-18 12:11
HighKing.   Wow. I thought Canadians are supposed to be mild mannered?   Let's simply see and wait until Feb 17. A simple way to verify.

Correct tips. I reside in Canada.  High King. Interesting well I like NGC it stands for NO GOOD COMMENTS
2022-1-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-18 12:00
Sure. I don't want to compromise my source. But I don't need to "prove" it in a "peer-reviewed" fashion. This sure ain't the Lancet. Believe me or don't. I don't care. January will pass and everyone here will be like a bunch of angry little ants. Oh well.
"Support" which is a bunch of contracted offshore people have been instructed to point you to the December firmware update if you ask about a firmware update in January.

You don't need to prove anything.  But there have been individuals who have provided "fake news" before, and the community here has a degree of skepticism.

Kind of similar to you, I don't have a great deal of anxiety about the release being delayed.  But I know others will have greater concerns than I, and those concerns are valid.  My drone isn't related to my job, but for others it is their career.  Which is another reason why there is a great deal of "interest" in getting news and trying to validate it.  It's one thing to make business decisions based on prior DJI promises of a January update, and it's another thing to have the opportunity to make valid business decisions based on information regarding delays.  A month slip could have quite the impact on some small businesses.
2022-1-18
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

No one posting in this thread has any inside information on this type of stuff. A lot of speculation. A lot of times, things like this, even the support staff at the company do not even know what is coming until very shortly before it happens. Ive often seen people try to reference sources who work at retail outlets about such things. "My cousin works at best buy, and bestbuy sells dji drones, and they are hearing that xxxxxxxx" this type of hear say is often wrong, and when it does happen to be right, its often more so out of just luck rather than real inside knowledge. I see nothing in this thread that strikes me as any credible information. The OP's screenshot may be legitimate, but again, I wouldn't expect support staff to know exactly when updates will be coming. Most of these support staff are at the bottom of the ladder in the company. They often know not much more than the average Joe who simply follows the scene closely.

I've often thought that the possibility was high that DJI wouldn't release a January update as we expected, because they released most of what was supposed to be it in December. Again this is just me speculating. I do think there is very likely much more urgency at DJI over pushing some fixes out than many here want to suggest. I just don't see DJI letting the Mavic 3 sit as it currently stands for months, without addressing any bugs or issues. I do think we will see an update sooner rather than later. I think it is possible we still see an update in the next couple of weeks. Again I am just speculating.
2022-1-18
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

In defense of NGC (who really doesn't need any defense), if NGC does in fact have information from an inside source, and NGC decides to come and share that information with us, and if we provide him grief and non-constructive feedback for his efforts, why would he continue to share whatever he has with this forum?

So far I have found NGC's information has been reliable.
2022-1-18
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have no dog in this fight, i dont care if it comes in january or february or june as long as it comes.  the real question is if it lands on feb 17, will you acknowledge?  why not just leave it there?  anyone can "guess" january or not...but it looks like we are given a specific date so that's a bit different.  knowing the forum, if the sw is released on the 17th in china and you're in north america on the 16th, you'd still call it wrong.

years ago, i used to have good information and the internet forums were not where they are today and no way in hell would i even being to divulge how i knew.  the only proof is the day it happens and you build creditability from there.  you can pretty much give up on learning the source....the world is entirely too small to go there.
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 1-18 13:33
In defense of NGC (who really doesn't need any defense), if NGC does in fact have information from an inside source, and NGC decides to come and share that information with us, and if we provide him grief and non-constructive feedback for his efforts, why would he continue to share whatever he has with this forum?

So far I have found NGC's information has been reliable.

I’m not certain DJI employees will give out blanket information that there is known hardware problems which won’t be taken care of until months down the road. If this information was made public knowledge I’m sure it would be curtains for DJI’s mavic3. I also think when you have such an influential contact , surely you wouldn’t continually need to post here on this forum when the gps lock is going to be fixed. Surely much easier to ask your contact, being that he has so much information he’s already freely giving out.

But like what tornado above has said, DJI employees almost never know when FW or new releases will come. In fact joe public always seems to find out before DJI employees dates of FW release and product release. You can see around here no moderator ever knows about any of this stuff and has never once in 7 years given a single hint of information about release of drones or FW.

2022-1-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-18 13:56
I’m not certain DJI employees will give out blanket information that there is known hardware problems which won’t be taken care of until months down the road. If this information was made public knowledge I’m sure it would be curtains for DJI’s mavic3. I also think when you have such an influential contact , surely you wouldn’t continually need to post here on this forum when the gps lock is going to be fixed. Surely much easier to ask your contact, being that he has so much information he’s already freely giving out.

But like what tornado above has said, DJI employees almost never know when FW or new releases will come. In fact joe public always seems to find out before DJI employees dates of FW release and product release. You can see around here no moderator ever knows about any of this stuff and has never once in 7 years given a single hint of information about release of drones or FW.

I read that as a critique of DJI policies and practices...  that does NOT sound like you always defend DJI!  
2022-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 1-18 14:00
I read that as a critique of DJI policies and practices...  that does NOT sound like you always defend DJI!

I’ve had many run ins with DJI on my own behalf and on behalf of others. I also believe all of us here should continually push our own ideas of our ideal drones cameras etc..
2022-1-18
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Laughing my F*****ing ### off.
You people come to a forum like this expecting to believe a poster as having inside knowledge.
Who cares in time there will or won’t be an update.
The back and forth asking this guy to disclose a source if he has one is laughable!
This is a forum and as such contains plenty of BS!
2022-1-18
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... if I may add my two cents:

DJI has extended the date of Care Refresh (e.g. 2 year contract) to February 7th (as the new start date)...
I took that as a "hint" that (at the latest) from that date all "promised" features would be available?
Is that completely absurd...???   
2022-1-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

This post is not aging well.  Looks like lots of new firmware is dropping for multiple models.  I would say be patient, it appears that they are hard at work.
2022-1-19
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4397306 ft
  • >>>
Austria

NGC Posted at 1-18 13:23
February 17. Anyone who would make any type of business decision based upon a “DJI promise“ deserves what they will likely get. I’m not claiming to know the “inner workings of DJI“. I’m just claiming to know when the next firmware update comes and what it will have in it. I am also not the only member of the public who knows this. There are people who are beta testing who aren’t direct DJI employees as well.

I can't wait to see what excuse you'll come up with when the M3 firmware update gets released tomorrow.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

oberschneider.com Posted at 1-19 04:25
I can't wait to see what excuse you'll come up with when the M3 firmware update gets released tomorrow.

Have you got some information.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 1-19 00:27
... if I may add my two cents:

DJI has extended the date of Care Refresh (e.g. 2 year contract) to February 7th (as the new start date)...

No I have already posted this, but more than this DJI are to list a new combo, and it would be unthinkable That they would release this without SW being fully updated as promised.
2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-19 06:02
They already released the new combo in China. Weeks ago. It will still be a few weeks before new fw for M3 is released. The fact that they released updated fw for other drones means nothing. And I never said they weren't "working". Geez, you are dense.

I think you should answer post 34, which is directed to you and your DJI guy who has all the real information. We all know how you are completely Right about everything, but he obviously doesn’t give you any credibility
2022-1-19
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

The best place really to find any possible early peak at whats coming is in the mavic 3 facebook group; not on this forum. There are several big youtube reviewers who do get early release software and who even were flying mavic3 before release. The December firmware update which we got early first broke in that group, a few days prior to being live. It will break there first, then people will run to this forum to be the first to claim they know something.
2022-1-19
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 1-19 06:10
The best place really to find any possible early peak at whats coming is in the mavic 3 facebook group; not on this forum. There are several big youtube reviewers who do get early release software and who even were flying mavic3 before release. The December firmware update which we got early first broke in that group, a few days prior to being live. It will break there first, then people will run to this forum to be the first to claim they know something.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am a member, and there's no peep yet of a release.   The conversations in this facebook group seem very civil and on point.
2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-19
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

NGC Posted at 1-19 06:15
I'm in that group. And there is no one talking about what the January update has in it. Because they don't have access to it - because, as stated - Feb 17. But hey - you sell cheap trinkets and argue here in the middle of the night, so you know what you're talking about! /s

Um ok. And you are attacking me why?

You are incredibly juvenile. Really cant take you seriously. Just too Immature.
2022-1-19
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-19 06:14
Thanks for the suggestion.  I am a member, and there's no peep yet of a release.   The conversations in this facebook group seem very civil and on point.

Yes the facebook group is much better imo than these forums. If a pending update is going to break I would put my money on it being there. As said that is where the december update broke first, thanks in large part to phillip bloom.

Either way. I am working till dark everyday so I dont really care if it drops tomorrow or 3 weeks from now. I wont be flying much right now either way.
2022-1-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules