Humpback Whales In Maui -- Mavic 3
474 11 2022-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ben H
lvl.2
United States

My new Mavic 3 went for a vacation to Maui, where it spent many hours recording the thousands of humpback whales that visit Hawaii's national marine sanctuary to feed, mate, give birth, raise their young, and relax in the warm tropical waters. More than half of the humpback whales in the North Pacific use the waters around the Hawaiian Islands as their primary breeding and calving wintering ground.

The Mavic 3 batteries made an enormous difference, particularly when the whales were several miles off shore -- allowing plenty of time to find them and compose, whereas my Air 2S, Phantom 4 and others would only have a few minutes of video time before they had to return home or go swimming.  When not using too much sport mode, I was typically getting 45 or more minutes of flight time.  And the dynamic range of the main sensor is noticeably improved over its predecessors, and helps a lot with image quality for this type of videography.  Overall a great experience with the new drone.

4K video below.

2022-1-18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beautiful shots. For me personally it could have been a bit shorter...
2022-1-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely fantastic.  Cetacean would love this, I know.
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow.   stunning footage.   
2022-1-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spectacular footage Ben.    Glad to hear the M3 is working well for you.  
2022-1-19
Use props
Solidarity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bet that was an amazing trip, nice shots.
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ben H. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful video you have filmed. Nicely done and keep flying. .
2022-1-23
Use props
TeterekovPhotography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1960755 ft
Bulgaria

Beautiful shots!
2022-1-24
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wow Incredible footage
2022-1-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks incredible!
2022-1-30
Use props
djiuser_E3rBL4p3Xgxf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1001 ft

Canada

World class footage Ben!. It looks like we have the same interest. Wife and I are wintering in Souther Mexico in the state of Oaxaca on the Pacific Coast. I have been compiling footage of humpbacks since November 2021. I have been using the DJI FPV, but will be purchasing the M3 when we return to Canada in May. I have been whining plenty about it here to the point the wife told me "just buy the damn thing' ;) I will wait until we get to Canada as it is 17% more expensive here in Mexico :-l Where do you find you music?
2022-2-21
Use props
Ben H
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for all the positive feedback.  Still enjoying the Mavic 3, which happily has been harder to crash than the Phantoms that preceded it.  In response to the question above, the music is from https://www.bensound.com -- they have a bunch of good tracks that are free to use so long as they're credited in the description, and others that can be purchased for a small fee.
2022-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules