Action 2 disconnects when trying to view media on phone
2799 39 2022-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

My Action 2 was working OK before Christmas (i.e. no sign of the current issue I am experiencing). After a short hiatus (about 2 weeks) I started my Action2 and was prompted that new firmware was available, updated connected to iPhone and shot video, time lapse etc. as soon as I touch the view media icon on the phone it disconnects from the Action 2. Deleted and reinstalled DJI Mimo app and reconnected. Exactly the same problem. I also intermittently have the app display the following error immediately after it disconnects. IMG_7430.jpg IMG_7424.jpg
2022-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there forbsie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-1-19
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 00:03
Hello there forbsie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen, thanks for reaching out! The only other mobile device I have is an iPad Pro. Downloaded and installed DJI Mimo on it, then connected the Action 2 to it. Was able to control the Action 2 from the iPad i.e. remotely trigger video, photos etc. but if I try to display media on the Action 2 I experienced exactly the same issue as on my iPhone 8 (and got the same "app not supported" screen). This is very frustrating as prior to the last firmware update everything worked as it should.
2022-1-19
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Did the latest firmware update, and things are worse now! Disconnecting when controlling the Action 2
2022-1-20
Use props
sam123456
lvl.1

Hong Kong

forbsie Posted at 1-20 17:04
Did the latest firmware update, and things are worse now! Disconnecting when controlling the Action 2

Hi, I tried my ipone XR (14.8 system version), upgraded Action 2 latest firmware 01.02.10.10, I can connect and record normally: 2.7k/60fps and take pictures, and view these footages in playback.
1. Can you tell me the version of your app? I'm using 1.7.8 mimo app vision; mimo released 1.7.12 app (some new stabilization mode settings need to update this version)

2022-1-20
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

sam123456 Posted at 1-20 19:09
Hi, I tried my ipone XR (14.8 system version), upgraded Action 2 latest firmware 01.02.10.10, I can connect and record normally: 2.7k/60fps and take pictures, and view these footages in playback.
1. Can you tell me the version of your app? I'm using 1.7.8 mimo app vision; mimo released 1.7.12 app (some new stabilization mode settings need to update this version)
[view_image]

Hi Sam, just updated to 1.7.12 (which wasn't available this morning), and tried everything again .. problem is still happening. Constant disconnections which weren't happening before the latest firmware update.

Cheers
2022-1-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

forbsie Posted at 1-20 21:25
Hi Sam, just updated to 1.7.12 (which wasn't available this morning), and tried everything again .. problem is still happening. Constant disconnections which weren't happening before the latest firmware update.

Cheers

Hello, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have contacted you through PM. Would you please check? Thanks!
2022-1-21
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 1-20 21:25

Cheers

@forbsie - I had issues too

Pls try the instructions I put in this link:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =258034&pid=2654569

It worked for me - I hope you find it useful
2022-1-22
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

edwardquan Posted at 1-22 11:24
@forbsie - I had issues too

Pls try the instructions I put in this link:

@edwardquan thanks, I will check out your thread .. hoping it helps. I will let you know. Cheers
2022-1-22
Use props
mdturnerinoz
New

Australia

I am having the same problem. But in my case it is only happening when I try to record using the Mimo app; either on my iPhone 13 Pro or iPad Pro; same occurrence. I have updated the Mimo app to the latest version and the firmware in the DJI Action 2. Very, very disappointing for an item just out of the box. There are enough of us with this problem such that DJI "should" be able to fix this. If there is some diagnostic info I can provide, then let me know as I am a retired software developer of 45 years (ie HP, CISCO etc).
2022-1-22
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mdturnerinoz Posted at 1-22 21:51
I am having the same problem. But in my case it is only happening when I try to record using the Mimo app; either on my iPhone 13 Pro or iPad Pro; same occurrence. I have updated the Mimo app to the latest version and the firmware in the DJI Action 2. Very, very disappointing for an item just out of the box. There are enough of us with this problem such that DJI "should" be able to fix this. If there is some diagnostic info I can provide, then let me know as I am a retired software developer of 45 years (ie HP, CISCO etc).

I'm now having the issue in the Mimo app when viewing media and also recording now. I really am frustrated to the max because everything was working ok until the last firmware update. BTW, I am also a retired software developer of 45 odd years ;) I will be sending DJI my device and app logs to see if they are able to fix things, if not I'll offload the Action 2 as it is causing more grief than joy at the moment.
2022-1-22
Use props
kxquaker
New

Australia

Got mine yesterday havent been able to connect or stay connected to app for more than 20sec's.. defiantly not looking like $700 worth right now thats for sure..

Tried everything the forums have stated nothing works, Help desk keeps telling me to delete and reinstall and offer no other advise to rectify the issue.

also over heats when connected to the second screen in under 10mins and is unusable until it cools down
2022-2-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I keep complaining about this in various threads - the Mimo app has stopped working with my two android phones and my iPhone, with the Action 2.   It's all very well to say "Are they on the approved list?" but if they used to work, and now don't, it means that at any time DJI can suddenly say to me, "sorry, you've got to go out and buy a new phone now" - and that might stop being supported down the track too!  I suspect this may be related to DJI wanting one app for all their relevant products - so they put something into the app to make it work on some phones with some new device, and they lose compatibility with some other phones.  All in all, a frustrating customer experience.
2022-2-15
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-15 13:53
I keep complaining about this in various threads - the Mimo app has stopped working with my two android phones and my iPhone, with the Action 2.   It's all very well to say "Are they on the approved list?" but if they used to work, and now don't, it means that at any time DJI can suddenly say to me, "sorry, you've got to go out and buy a new phone now" - and that might stop being supported down the track too!  I suspect this may be related to DJI wanting one app for all their relevant products - so they put something into the app to make it work on some phones with some new device, and they lose compatibility with some other phones.  All in all, a frustrating customer experience.

Your experience is exactly the same as mine, .. I still have an iPhone 8, and DJI Mimo and the Action 2 worked perfectly on it until the app update in January. At the moment my Action 2 is basically a paperweight .. I know I can download the footage direct from the MicroUSB, but I have lost the convenience of reviewing etc. on the phone, and more importantly controlling the Action 2 remotely with it.

I was asked by DJI Support to send them app and device logs for them to analyse but haven't heard anything back at this stage. Unfortunately I do not qualify for a refund otherwise I'd have returned it. Very frustrating as this is obviously something DJI have done in the Mimo App to cause our issues!
2022-2-15
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

kxquaker@yahoo. Posted at 2-15 13:41
Got mine yesterday havent been able to connect or stay connected to app for more than 20sec's.. defiantly not looking like $700 worth right now thats for sure..

Tried everything the forums have stated nothing works, Help desk keeps telling me to delete and reinstall and offer no other advise to rectify the issue.

It's very disappointing, because everything was working perfectly until an app update in January. They've broken something and need to fix it. Fortunately you are still within the return for refund period which I'd suggest you think about, if I had the same option mine would be going back.
2022-2-15
Use props
Fly to the Moon
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I purchased DJI Action 2 and have the same problem. The connection between DJI Action 2 and my iPhone 12 Pro Max only last 20 seconds.

I am very surprised and also disappointed that this issue has been reported for over a month and still no solution. Should I return the item?

Thanks.
2022-2-21
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fly to the Moon Posted at 2-21 14:17
Hi, I purchased DJI Action 2 and have the same problem. The connection between DJI Action 2 and my iPhone 12 Pro Max only last 20 seconds.

I am very surprised and also disappointed that this issue has been reported for over a month and still no solution. Should I return the item?

Hi, if I was still within the return for refund period I would take that option, .. it is basically useless at the moment
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

forbsie Posted at 2-21 17:49
Hi, if I was still within the return for refund period I would take that option, .. it is basically useless at the moment

Hi there, I am sorry for the situation. May I know if you have returned the unit? If you purchased it from our DJI Store and had started a return case, please provide the case number and the serial number of the unit to me. I will keep an eye on it. Any further assistance is needed, please feel free to ask.
2022-2-22
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 02:55
Hi there, I am sorry for the situation. May I know if you have returned the unit? If you purchased it from our DJI Store and had started a return case, please provide the case number and the serial number of the unit to me. I will keep an eye on it. Any further assistance is needed, please feel free to ask.

Hi DJI Susan, I have not returned the unit as it seems I am outside the period for returns. The unit is pretty well useless at the moment and I am stuck until the Dev Team can find and fix the bug (it seems I am not alone in experiencing the issue). The frustrating thing is it was working as designed until the last firmware update, it is something that DJI broke! I have provided log files around a month ago. If I could I would get a refund or credit note because my experiences with Action 2 have left a sour taste in my mouth! Thanks Steve
2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

forbsie Posted at 2-22 04:52
Hi DJI Susan, I have not returned the unit as it seems I am outside the period for returns. The unit is pretty well useless at the moment and I am stuck until the Dev Team can find and fix the bug (it seems I am not alone in experiencing the issue). The frustrating thing is it was working as designed until the last firmware update, it is something that DJI broke! I have provided log files around a month ago. If I could I would get a refund or credit note because my experiences with Action 2 have left a sour taste in my mouth! Thanks Steve

I am sorry for my confusion. I understand your frustration and I am very concerned about your case and I hope to help you to get the issue sorted.
Noticed that you mentioned the logs had been sent to our support, may I know if you sent the files via email or other channels? May I have the files or reference number, too? Please also tell me the timestamp of the issue and the iOS version as well. I will ask our engineers to check it as soon as possible on my side. Look forward to hearing back from you.
2022-2-22
Use props
Fly to the Moon
lvl.1
Australia

forbsie Posted at 2-22 04:52

Hey Forbsie,

I went back to the store yesterday, instead of asking for a return, I asked for a replacement. JB HiFi replaced the issue Action2. Guess what mate, the new Action 2 has the same issue.

Based on my experience, this must be a common issue for Australia/Westen users.
2022-2-22
Use props
Fly to the Moon
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 05:37
I am sorry for my confusion. I understand your frustration and I am very concerned about your case and I hope to help you to get the issue sorted.
Noticed that you mentioned the logs had been sent to our support, may I know if you sent the files via email or other channels? May I have the files or reference number, too? Please also tell me the timestamp of the issue and the iOS version as well. I will ask our engineers to check it as soon as possible on my side. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hey Susan,
Could you follow my issue as well? I am not sure should I return or ask for another replacement.

Thanks.
2022-2-22
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fly to the Moon Posted at 2-22 13:27
Hey Forbsie,

I went back to the store yesterday, instead of asking for a return, I asked for a replacement. JB HiFi replaced the issue Action2. Guess what mate, the new Action 2 has the same issue.

Thanks for letting me know .. I purchased direct from the DJI Store, but I've got 2 years DJI Care, so I might try asking them for a replacement. It'd be interesting to find out where other having this problem come from! Good luck, I hope we both have an operational Action 2 soon. Cheers
2022-2-22
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 05:37
Noticed that you mentioned the logs had been sent to our support, may I know if you sent the files via email or other channels? May I have the files or reference number, too? Please also tell me the timestamp of the issue and the iOS version as well. I will ask our engineers to check it as soon as possible on my side. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi DJI Susan,

I've been dealing with DJI Wanda on this issue. I uploaded the log files to a secure server that Wanda gave me a login and password for on 28 Jan. On 9 Feb Wanda advised the Dev Team had a new app for me to test but I was unable to download it (which I advised Wanda of the following day). I last messaged Wanda on 16 Feb and was advised the new app link still hadn't been updated. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the timestamp of the issue, and I am running the latest version of IOS on an iPhone 8 (others have the same problem on newer iPhones as well). I would really like to return my unit for a refund or credit, it has been basically useless for almost 2 months now, and not much appears to be happening. Is this possible?
2022-2-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Just a reminder that there's further documentation of this issue at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2670798
2022-2-23
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-23 13:26
Just a reminder that there's further documentation of this issue at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=258803&page=1#pid2670798

Thanks for letting me know
2022-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

forbsie Posted at 2-22 15:02
Hi DJI Susan,

I've been dealing with DJI Wanda on this issue. I uploaded the log files to a secure server that Wanda gave me a login and password for on 28 Jan. On 9 Feb Wanda advised the Dev Team had a new app for me to test but I was unable to download it (which I advised Wanda of the following day). I last messaged Wanda on 16 Feb and was advised the new app link still hadn't been updated. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the timestamp of the issue, and I am running the latest version of IOS on an iPhone 8 (others have the same problem on newer iPhones as well). I would really like to return my unit for a refund or credit, it has been basically useless for almost 2 months now, and not much appears to be happening. Is this possible?

Sorry for the delayed response. I will contact Wanda for the related information first. I will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2022-2-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fly to the Moon Posted at 2-22 13:28
Hey Susan,
Could you follow my issue as well? I am not sure should I return or ask for another replacement.

Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the issue. May I know if I can have a screen recording of your issue, the version of the DJI Mimo app and iOS, and the app log (please connect the phone to iTunes, export the DJI MIMO LOG:/Documents/Logs and /Documents/sdk) from the mobile device as well? Please also note the time the issue happened.
I will ask the engineers to confirm this issue as soon as possible. Sorry again for the trouble.
2022-2-24
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-24 03:16
Sorry for the delayed response. I will contact Wanda for the related information first. I will keep you updated as soon as possible.

Hi DJI Susan,

This issue is going on and on with no resolution in sight. I spent $AUD800 odd on a lemon. I really am sick of waiting and would like to know the answer to a previous question I asked i.e.

"I would really like to return my unit for a refund or credit, it has been basically useless for almost 2 months now, and not much appears to be happening. Is this possible?"

I am still within the period that I am able to lodge a Mastercard Chargeback, which I am considering, however, I would like to resolve this in a more friendly manner.

Cheers Steve
2022-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

forbsie Posted at 2-26 20:00
Hi DJI Susan,

This issue is going on and on with no resolution in sight. I spent $AUD800 odd on a lemon. I really am sick of waiting and would like to know the answer to a previous question I asked i.e.

Hi Steve, I am deeply sorry for the trouble caused. Please accept my sincere apology that if the unit is beyond the return period, we may not be able to provide return service.
I understand your situation and hope to help as much as I can. Could you please leave me your contact information and the serial number, order number of Action 2 through PM? I will try to escalate your request to our managerial department for further assistance.
2022-2-27
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-27 00:17
Hi Steve, I am deeply sorry for the trouble caused. Please accept my sincere apology that if the unit is beyond the return period, we may not be able to provide return service.
I understand your situation and hope to help as much as I can. Could you please leave me your contact information and the serial number, order number of Action 2 through PM? I will try to escalate your request to our managerial department for further assistance.

Hi DJI Susan,

As requested I have sent you a PM with the requested details
2022-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

forbsie Posted at 2-27 04:27
Hi DJI Susan,

As requested I have sent you a PM with the requested details

Received with thank, the higher department will contact you soon during working hours.
2022-2-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. The issue you encountered has been noticed by our engineers and we have found out the reason. It is estimated in the middle of March 2022 that we will release a new firmware and app version to fix this issue. For now, we suggest you set the parameters on DJI Action 2  and export the videos to PC for editing. Thanks for your understanding and support!
2022-3-4
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-4 00:57
Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. The issue you encountered has been noticed by our engineers and we have found out the reason. It is estimated in the middle of March 2022 that we will release a new firmware and app version to fix this issue. For now, we suggest you set the parameters on DJI Action 2  and export the videos to PC for editing. Thanks for your understanding and support!

Hi Wanda,

I have been advised of a temporary solution which I will test and report here if it works. Thanks for your help

Steve
2022-3-4
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have been providing DJI Support with camera and app log files in an attempt to resolve this issue. I was advised yesterday that they have found the cause, and will include the fix in the next update of DJI Mimo. I was also told of a temporary fix which I wanted to test before reporting here. I have tested their suggested fix and it appears to work, I was able to view media and control the Action 2 with my phone. Not ideal but at least it appears the resolution will happen soon.

"In the meantime, regarding the disconnection issues you are experiencing, we have a temporary solution. You can try changing the time zone in your mobile device to East 8 (Beijing) to avoid this problem. For IOS system, you can go to Settings-General-Date & Time-Time Zone to set this. You can then test the DJI Action 2."
2022-3-4
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fly to the Moon Posted at 2-22 13:27
Hey Forbsie,

See my last post regarding an upcoming fix and a temporary solution
2022-3-4
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mdturnerinoz Posted at 1-22 21:51
I am having the same problem. But in my case it is only happening when I try to record using the Mimo app; either on my iPhone 13 Pro or iPad Pro; same occurrence. I have updated the Mimo app to the latest version and the firmware in the DJI Action 2. Very, very disappointing for an item just out of the box. There are enough of us with this problem such that DJI "should" be able to fix this. If there is some diagnostic info I can provide, then let me know as I am a retired software developer of 45 years (ie HP, CISCO etc).

See my post regarding an impending fix and temporary workaround

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 338&pid=2686871
2022-3-4
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

kxquaker@yahoo. Posted at 2-15 13:41

See my post regarding an impending fix and temporary workaround

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 338&pid=2686871
2022-3-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Great, forbsie, thanks for working with them on this and reporting the fix!
2022-3-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

forbsie Posted at 3-4 03:16
Hi Wanda,

I have been advised of a temporary solution which I will test and report here if it works. Thanks for your help

Thanks for your update. We are glad to know this news. Much appreciate your patience and support these days so we can find the cause. Please stay tuned to our official website for the latest information.
Best wishes.
2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules