New DJI Air 2S Firmware Released (1/19/2022)
123Next >
15479 108 2022-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I found it odd that the firmware update was localised to the controller and the drone.
Every other update seems to include a firmware update for the battery?
2022-1-21
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567234 ft
United States

For those that are having GPS issues - keep in mind that depending on the firmware update it might wipe the GPS data in the chip (letting it know what birds are above to lock onto). Therefore the first time use it has to re-initialize and re-download the satellite data, this can typically take a few minutes.

If every time you use the drone after the update it does this, that is a problem, but the 1st outing I would consider it 'normal'.
2022-1-21
Use props
RGuitar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374685 ft
Canada

Did the update yesterday, all went ok, (was longer then the one for the Air2). Everything looks fine.
2022-1-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Westwind77 Posted at 1-21 06:39
For those that are having GPS issues - keep in mind that depending on the firmware update it might wipe the GPS data in the chip (letting it know what birds are above to lock onto). Therefore the first time use it has to re-initialize and re-download the satellite data, this can typically take a few minutes.

If every time you use the drone after the update it does this, that is a problem, but the 1st outing I would consider it 'normal'.

Correct, just had a chance to fly today after the update. First time starting it took a couple minutes to get a fix. Changed batteries and second time took seconds. I really didn't try anything else. 27 F here.
2022-1-21
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7 Posted at 1-20 14:34
"50% Initializing resource data... "  Smart controller is stuck there

Mine updated successfully on the second attempt
2022-1-21
Use props
Jozsef
lvl.2

Hungary

Hello Guys..I have Mavic Air 2S..Remote controller firmware:V04.11.00.32..I connect DJi Assisstance and no updated...I checked this firmware is Mavic Air 2...What can I do?I don't understand this..
2022-1-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Mini-G Posted at 1-21 06:23
I found it odd that the firmware update was localised to the controller and the drone.
Every other update seems to include a firmware update for the battery?

Once the batteries have the correct charge/discharge parameters there is no need for further update.
2022-1-22
Use props
Vapormatt
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Completed update, everything is working fine, no issues. First connection to GPS a little slow but after that back to normal speed. Seems to be working very well. Thanks Dji
2022-1-22
Use props
Elektric_Kat
lvl.1
United States

DJI, ARE YOU LISTENING? PAY ATTENTION!

"Fixed some bugs" is UNACCEPTABLE!

If you want to be taken seriously then you MUST provide more details about exactly what the changes are. Where is the actual changelog?

Seriously. Stop this game you are playing. It is highly disrespectful to your customers. It is this lack of transparency that is causing you so much distrust from the US. If you would be more honest, you would earn more respect. Do better!
2022-1-22
Use props
Elektric_Kat
lvl.1
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-20 10:08
because things are proprietary.  They could be changing things to security update, to talk to better satellites, to spy more, etc.

If every person knew every single thing in the world it could either be difficult to prevent people from "resting in peace" before tomorrow or engineering would be reramped up so high the world would be going 1000x faster in development than it is today in everything.

Obviously the reason for the lack of transparency is proprietary, they do not want the public to know the details. However, that's not how this works. Customers have a greater expectation of manufacturers to provide an actual changelog that lists the issues that were resolved. The rest of your comment is a lot of irrelevant philosophical nonsense. You're right people shouldn't worry about things outside of their control, but that doesn't apply in this case. DJI has an obligation to their customers to be more transparent. They are acting as though they are protecting Chinese government secrets, which is why the US government has accused them of spying via these drones. Unless they will be more transparent then they will be banned in the US permanently. American customers will not tolerate this kind of disrespect. We demand more transparency.
2022-1-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I was hoping this update would fix a known bug related to the new DJI Mobile SDK 4.16, where gimbal data is not received by the SDK (Only with the Air 2S).
Sadly, this was not fixed in this update.
(Surprisingly, the DJI Fly App shows gimbal attitude without a problem)

DJI, when will this issue be fixed?
2022-1-22
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Elektric_Kat Posted at 1-22 08:19
Obviously the reason for the lack of transparency is proprietary, they do not want the public to know the details. However, that's not how this works. Customers have a greater expectation of manufacturers to provide an actual changelog that lists the issues that were resolved. The rest of your comment is a lot of irrelevant philosophical nonsense. You're right people shouldn't worry about things outside of their control, but that doesn't apply in this case. DJI has an obligation to their customers to be more transparent. They are acting as though they are protecting Chinese government secrets, which is why the US government has accused them of spying via these drones. Unless they will be more transparent then they will be banned in the US permanently. American customers will not tolerate this kind of disrespect. We demand more transparency.

About three years ago the Swiss government was evaluating drones. Apparently, DJI was dropped because of their lack of transparency.
2022-1-22
Use props
MakCharChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 907621 ft
United Kingdom

Westwind77 Posted at 1-21 06:39
For those that are having GPS issues - keep in mind that depending on the firmware update it might wipe the GPS data in the chip (letting it know what birds are above to lock onto). Therefore the first time use it has to re-initialize and re-download the satellite data, this can typically take a few minutes.

Thanks for the info, I never thought of that and I'll bear it in mind.
I don't use my drone that often but the last few times I have it's not only taken a while to set the home point but also whilst flying I have been getting warning prompts for weak GPS, even though it's been showing 20+ satellites on the little icon. This has been in the countryside in open fields, with the drone 100m+ high.
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_WLMUKFVNX8Ua
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Everything works fine for me too
2022-1-22
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

EranR Posted at 1-22 11:58
I was hoping this update would fix a known bug related to the new DJI Mobile SDK 4.16, where gimbal data is not received by the SDK (Only with the Air 2S).
Sadly, this was not fixed in this update.
(Surprisingly, the DJI Fly App shows gimbal attitude without a problem)

I think that will be fixed in the next SDK update,  not on Air 2S firmware....
2022-1-22
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI please provide proper release notes.
2022-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elektric_Kat Posted at 1-22 08:19

It's cool that they are even updating.  Other companies don't bother.  The Phantom 4 was no longer being made and supported until I kept telling them how good it was for the orthomosaic mapping jobs then they brought it back and updated it a bunch since with new firmware updates.

More transparency doesn't matter.  If everything was done 100% near transparent it would look like the other drone companies that don't do it right enough in everything.  Sure, Skydio has way way better tracking AI than DJI has to offer but the feed is super bad even at close close range.

It's cool how the US government is transparent giving stim checks to anyone with an SSN even those in jail like the Boston Bomber that was on the news how they want that returned.  It ends up screwing over the Russians and people wonder why they are angry.

There are random photos uploaded to some cloud every flight that cannot be deleted.  When you fly your drone it uploads photos that gets downloaded through API.  I don't really do top secret or illegal stuff but it makes sense how people could be upset at things not being 100% transparent.  Not being able to delete those files could definitely make some people concerned.
2022-1-22
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Gary30 Posted at 1-20 11:17
When will we have Assistant 2 for Mac OS12?  No updates for 14 months!

I'm not sure if you are right... I have ver 2.1.8  DJI Assistant Contumer Drone Series (March AD 2021 14:03, Modified 3 December AD 2021 16:53) Using MacBook Air M1 OS

2022-1-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-22 14:34
I think that will be fixed in the next SDK update,  not on Air 2S firmware....

SDK release notes clearly says it's a firmware issue with the Air 2S. Also, it works fine with my Mavic Pro, as it did with previous SDK versions.
2022-1-22
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

EranR Posted at 1-22 23:36
SDK release notes clearly says it's a firmware issue with the Air 2S. Also, it works fine with my Mavic Pro, as it did with previous SDK versions.

Theres a youtube video of someone that found this issue, and contacted Lichi. They responded they where aware and that it was bug in the SDK release that will be fixed in the next release. He even posted the screenshot of the response. So i dont now if im right or wrong, i can only assume that what Lichi said is true.He it is:

Screenshot_20220123-101723.jpg
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-23 01:54
Theres a youtube video of someone that found this issue, and contacted Lichi. They responded they where aware and that it was bug in the SDK release that will be fixed in the next release. He even posted the screenshot of the response. So i dont now if im right or wrong, i can only assume that what Lichi said is true.He it is:

The screenshot you provided doesn’t say what you say it says.  It literally says “due to a firmware problem…”.  

However, it could be that once the firmware problem is fixed, they may need to re-issue the SDK for developers to be able to take advantage of it.   
2022-1-23
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 06:40
The screenshot you provided doesn’t say what you say it says.  It literally says “due to a firmware problem…”.  

However, it could be that once the firmware problem is fixed, they may need to re-issue the SDK for developers to be able to take advantage of it.

Yes you are absolutely right, but it also says "MSDK can not get the gimbal atitude data in this version.  It will be supported in later version" .
2022-1-23
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Miguel Leitao Posted at 1-23 06:51
Yes you are absolutely right, but it also says "MSDK can not get the gimbal atitude data in this version.  It will be supported in later version" .

When they say "in later version" you cannot really tell if it's the next version of the Air 2S firmware (which is the only model that has this problem) or the next version of the SDK (which may have a workaround for this issue).
I guess we will just have to be patient.

DJI, please comment on that...
2022-1-23
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

DJI reps never respond to a thread twice. I don't know why. It's a stupid policy. Perhaps the reps that do respond are just bots.
2022-1-23
Use props
djiuser_lrErJDpbDrtn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112241 ft

United States

I've only had my Air 2S about a month but since this latest firmware update I've had a red screen event on my smart controller twice.  I don't know if it is related to the firmware since I wasn't able to find any posts about this being an issue for anyone.  When the screen turns red I am still able to control the drone and the first time I landed it and had to restart the drone to clear it.  The second time it happened it corrected itself when I randomly changed from video to photo by pushing the photo button on the smart controller. Has anyone else had this problem or know what might have caused it?  Thanks!
2022-1-23
Use props
djiuser_AiRpurRvhVvz
New
United Kingdom

DJI - Firmware updates - when will you give us one that gives us, people with the Air 2S, the same, or hopefully better, features than the, HALF THE PRICE, Mini2??
They, Mini2 owners, get a RTH feature where they can steer the drone DURING the return; In photo mode, THEY get the ability to use the zoom function, we don't! They also have the capability to charge their drone 'on the go' as it were, by using a power bank plugged directly into the side of their drone, we don't - what gives DJI, we pay twice the price and get LESS features!!

2022-1-24
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Smooth as butter, thank you DJI!
2022-1-24
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_lrErJDpbDrtn Posted at 1-23 12:18
I've only had my Air 2S about a month but since this latest firmware update I've had a red screen event on my smart controller twice.  I don't know if it is related to the firmware since I wasn't able to find any posts about this being an issue for anyone.  When the screen turns red I am still able to control the drone and the first time I landed it and had to restart the drone to clear it.  The second time it happened it corrected itself when I randomly changed from video to photo by pushing the photo button on the smart controller. Has anyone else had this problem or know what might have caused it?  Thanks![view_image]

I have the same set up but have never seen this red screen. What version is the smart controller firmware you have?
My SC reports system version V01.01.0064

2022-1-24
Use props
Greench
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112241 ft

United States

Wavicle Posted at 1-24 09:09
I have the same set up but have never seen this red screen. What version is the smart controller firmware you have?

I have the latest version  01.01.0064.  Like I said, I don't have a ton of time on it but I have noticed some sketchy reception and screen freezing issues like I have seen reported by other users.  I just haven't seen any info on the red screen...
2022-1-24
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

Greench Posted at 1-24 10:56
I have the latest version  01.01.0064.  Like I said, I don't have a ton of time on it but I have noticed some sketchy reception and screen freezing issues like I have seen reported by other users.  I just haven't seen any info on the red screen...

Okay- that's the same firmware I'm running and have never seen that. You may have a defective unit. I think there is a 90 day warranty and may want to contact DJI. They will send you a FedEx label to send it to them (either Texas or California).
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_0lIlZg7WQHWU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549685 ft
United States

so beware of the new update.  i updated firmware and went to fly .  no problems ever before this but within 5 min of flight i started getting motor failure check blades messages on my dji fly app and within 2 min after that, it fell out of the sky.  1000 dollars down the drain.  i have flight logs to back it up as well.  if they don't do something to at least fix it for free i am done with dji and will let everyone know.  I've had it for only 2 months.   
2022-1-24
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567234 ft
United States

djiuser_0lIlZg7WQHWU Posted at 1-24 12:52
so beware of the new update.  i updated firmware and went to fly .  no problems ever before this but within 5 min of flight i started getting motor failure check blades messages on my dji fly app and within 2 min after that, it fell out of the sky.  1000 dollars down the drain.  i have flight logs to back it up as well.  if they don't do something to at least fix it for free i am done with dji and will let everyone know.  I've had it for only 2 months.

Owch, given it happened so soon after take off and you had a few minutes to bring it back it must have been close when it fell, I'm guessing it was easy to find and retrieve?

I always like to take off and hover about 15-20' up off the grass for about 5 minutes after a firmware update, then I will go up higher, mill around a few hundred feet at max but always in an area where if something did go wrong I could get it back easily. I never venture further away or over water until about the 3rd flight after an update.

I like to play it cautiously, in a perfect world there would be no need to, but we know that is not the case. Hopefully DJI and you come to a reasonable resolution.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_103ebpv5JGj4
New
Flight distance : 100965 ft
United States

I upgraded the firmware on both the the controller and the drone and now the screen either freezes on takeoff or goes black. Any Suggestions??
2022-1-24
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539150 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-19 20:10
doesn't matter, as long as bugs are getting fixed and improvements are happening

Absolutely, no.  DJI has a long history of "fixing" things by removing or simply hiding them.  Feature doesn't work? What feature?  Oh, look, two months from now it's back.  What happened?  Sloppy programming is what happened.
2022-1-25
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
United States

JayOhio Posted at 1-20 12:45
So does mine with the update.

We got Mavic 3 features now!
2022-1-25
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
United States

So, something else I'm noticing is missing.  Remember the camera settings for composition/obstacle avoidance that would keep the props out of the automatic shot modes?  It's gone.

So... Is it a bug that they accidentally nuked that option, or is it no longer needed? Or maybe the default mode is composition now and they're trying to sell more drones by hindering obstacle avoidance modes?
2022-1-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SengFeng Posted at 1-25 07:55
Absolutely, no.  DJI has a long history of "fixing" things by removing or simply hiding them.  Feature doesn't work? What feature?  Oh, look, two months from now it's back.  What happened?  Sloppy programming is what happened.

As long as the drone didn't crash and you still have it, what is the problem?
2022-1-25
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2055148 ft
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 1-25 15:35
As long as the drone didn't crash and you still have it, what is the problem?

What's the problem with transparency?
2022-1-25
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

djiuser_0lIlZg7WQHWU Posted at 1-24 12:52
so beware of the new update.  i updated firmware and went to fly .  no problems ever before this but within 5 min of flight i started getting motor failure check blades messages on my dji fly app and within 2 min after that, it fell out of the sky.  1000 dollars down the drain.  i have flight logs to back it up as well.  if they don't do something to at least fix it for free i am done with dji and will let everyone know.  I've had it for only 2 months.

Can you send the flight log please?
2022-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw Posted at 1-25 22:45
What's the problem with transparency?

A lot, there are plenty of things people have yet to know about in the world and I don't mean with DJI.
2022-1-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules