DJI FPV Motors will not start with remote nor motion controller
4342 18 2022-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adcantly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15558 ft
United States

I've only had the FPV for 5 days, I've flown it 3 times.  I was out flying and landed to install a fresh battery, when I installed the new battery, I had to update the firmware of the battery, which I did. After the update, the drone motors would no longer start.  I did notice the obstable avoidance icon was red in my googles. I have tried to recalibrate, with no positive results.
2022-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there adcantly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2022-1-19
Use props
adcantly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15558 ft
United States

Greetings - No error message on the app. It's really weird, I  install the battery that came with the drone it works but if I install the fly more kit batteries, no lift off. Must be a problem with the battery firmware. Taking them back to Bestbuy tomorrow.
2022-1-19
Use props
djiuser_cAOpBCnsQuRQ
New
Flight distance : 191220 ft

Germany

adcantly Posted at 1-19 22:24
Greetings - No error message on the app. It's really weird, I  install the battery that came with the drone it works but if I install the fly more kit batteries, no lift off. Must be a problem with the battery firmware. Taking them back to Bestbuy tomorrow.

the same here....

2022-1-21
Use props
Olddude13
lvl.1
United States

Question. I’m helping son with his fpv   He bought new and new battery would not show proper battery charge. Only 2 center lights would be on. Would not upload current firmware. So we get replacement battery which has proper charge lighting and are now able to upload current firmware but we keep getting rapid red flashing inddicators and sensor error indicating sensor error.   Any ideas?  Motors will not spin up. No other errors indicated
2022-1-27
Use props
Olddude13
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 18:54
Hello there adcantly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

No error messages on app
2022-1-27
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

This definitely sounds like a manufacturing issue and DJI need to sort it ASAP. They should at least start to identify the range of battery serial numbers that are affected.

From everyone's description of the problem I believe the battery data is not being received by the drone. This data is sent via the three tiny gold coloured pins that you can see on the battery's connector between the two power poles. Without this data the drone will assume that there's no power in the battery and the motors will refuse to spin. I can reproduce this error condition by connecting the drone to a 22Volt power supply. By doing this the drone will power up and appear ready for flight, but because the flight controller is not receiving the battery telemetry it is impossible to arm.

This appears to be more than a few isolated incidents, there are similar reports on other social media platforms, and points to a problem with a specific production run of the batteries.
2022-2-1
Use props
djiuser_tiO4Ul2yK7E5
lvl.1

United States

adcantly Posted at 1-19 22:24

Same here. I purchased mine 12//24 there was a battery issue. IDJI wanted me to troubleshoot right out the box. I didn’t want w send it in and wait.  Christmas would have been ruined. So I drove to every Best Buy in the tristate trying to find a new one to purchase so I didn’t have to wait. I purchased a new one but still had problems intermittently. FAST FORWARD.

I END UP MAILING ONE OF TWO of MY  DRONES TO DJI FOR REPAIR. AND WAS FORCED TO PAY.

I RECEIVED THE PAID REPAIR TODAY. SAME EXACT PROBLEM.
After paying.
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_lPWnY5k3OMXK
New
United States

I just got my DJI FPV Combo $999 but after open the box, update all FW via DJI Assistant 2 and DJI FLy....  tail light is RAPID RED.  All-LEDs are RED.   
Never even flew once, motor just won't start?
What is the correct way to ARM,  just push the two Control Sticks on the RController 'down and inward'?   Do I have to press and hold the START button?
But LEDs are all RED so likely won't arm.
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_lPWnY5k3OMXK
New
United States

There is a little RED triangle with two RF wifi like bars all in RED.

2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_lPWnY5k3OMXK Posted at 5-8 12:09
There is a little RED triangle with two RF wifi like bars all in RED.
[view_image]

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. After further confirmation with our engineer, please contact our support to start a replacement case. Please rest assured we will keep an eye on your case and try our best to help you out.
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_tiO4Ul2yK7E5 Posted at 5-5 20:49
Same here. I purchased mine 12//24 there was a battery issue. IDJI wanted me to troubleshoot right out the box. I didn’t want w send it in and wait.  Christmas would have been ruined. So I drove to every Best Buy in the tristate trying to find a new one to purchase so I didn’t have to wait. I purchased a new one but still had problems intermittently. FAST FORWARD.

I END UP MAILING ONE OF TWO of MY  DRONES TO DJI FOR REPAIR. AND WAS FORCED TO PAY.

We are greatly sorry to hear about that. After further checking into your case, we learn our team has sent you an email. Please provide us with the information required via email. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.
2022-5-13
Use props
fans04a35f56
New
Flight distance : 22690 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I’m having the same exact problem with BOTH if my fpv drones, how can I go about seeing they get fixed? I’ve owned the mavic 1 mavic 2, mavic mini 1 and 2 and the dji inspire 2 And have not had an issue like this with ANY of them, but now have with BOTH my fpv drones! This is super frustrating
2022-6-2
Use props
fans04a35f56
New
Flight distance : 22690 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I’m having the same exact problem with BOTH if my fpv drones, how can I go about seeing they get fixed? I’ve owned the mavic 1 mavic 2, mavic mini 1 and 2 and the dji inspire 2 And have not had an issue like this with ANY of them, but now have with BOTH my fpv drones! This is super frustrating
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans04a35f56 Posted at 6-2 19:23

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further check? Besides, you may send us the SN of the battery via PM. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_EQ8xeweP8TwZ
lvl.1

Georgia

I have the same problem - motors do not start. The only strange thing that I observe is lock icon in goggles.

2022-6-4
Use props
djiuser_Wmi2B6i9w1tw
New

United States

Hello! I am having the exact same issues with my DJI FPV! My FPV was just recently purchased and has never flown, I have been trying to fly it and the same exact thing occurs to me. It’s incredibly frustrating!
2022-6-9
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_Wmi2B6i9w1tw Posted at 6-9 17:19
Hello! I am having the exact same issues with my DJI FPV! My FPV was just recently purchased and has never flown, I have been trying to fly it and the same exact thing occurs to me. It’s incredibly frustrating!

Never seen this icon, to me it looks like the controller needs to be calibrated or the left stick recentering disabled (for manual mode).
2022-6-9
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

FlyLow Posted at 6-9 22:26
Never seen this icon, to me it looks like the controller needs to be calibrated or the left stick recentering disabled (for manual mode).

It shows up when you use the MC, you have to have the dot in the green area to start your motors.
2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules