RC Pro & DJI Fly app?
4332 5 2022-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BreckSnowPro
lvl.1

United States

Sorry for the very newbie question here...

Am I correct that the DJI Fly app for Android phones is just for use with certain controllers that don't have a screen and which use the screen of a cell phone instead?

I just received an Air 2S with a RC Pro.  I think I have updated firmware for both by connecting the RC Pro to my home wi-fi.  And I can't figure out what to do with the DJI Fly app I've installed on my phone.  If the app is just for use with a controller I don't have, I'll uninstall it.

Thanks!

2022-1-19
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is correct. If you had the RC-N1 controller, then you would use your phone or tablet to use with the non-screen controller. Fly app can be uninstalled since you have the RC Pro controller.
2022-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BreckSnowPro. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the post given by RobZilla on post #2. In addition, if you are using the DJI RC-N1 remote controller. You will be needing to download the DJI Fly application on a recommended mobile device for you to be able to utilize the functions of the said DJI Drone through the application. Thank you.
2022-1-19
Use props
djiuser_o0NGNwrYdH7Q
lvl.1

United States

But could you connect your phone to the RC pro as if it was a RC-N1 and be able to view it on your phone?
2022-5-10
Use props
LucaBos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12602 ft
Italy

djiuser_o0NGNwrYdH7Q Posted at 5-10 12:06
But could you connect your phone to the RC pro as if it was a RC-N1 and be able to view it on your phone?

I see that there is no reply to this post since 5-10, but I would like to bring it up again.

The RC Pro has all the capabilities of the RC-N1, plus a screen. It includes a USB-C host port. Why doesn't it allow to connect a phone with the DJI Fly app to it, so that, for example, we could use the RTMP functionality from the DJI Fly app, which is not available from the RC Pro?!?
2022-10-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

LucaBos Posted at 10-29 03:11
I see that there is no reply to this post since 5-10, but I would like to bring it up again.

The RC Pro has all the capabilities of the RC-N1, plus a screen. It includes a USB-C host port. Why doesn't it allow to connect a phone with the DJI Fly app to it, so that, for example, we could use the RTMP functionality from the DJI Fly app, which is not available from the RC Pro?!?

RTMP IS available with the RC Pro.
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules