How much weight can the gimbal safely handle?
730 5 2022-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
Mexico

I bought a pack of ND/PL filters by PGYTECH.  They fit great but after buying them I started to be concerned that if they don't weigh the exact same as the standard Hasselblad filter cover that they may cause stress on the gimbal.  So I weighed them. The PGYTECH filters are almost double the weight as the standard Hasselblad filter.  Do the experts or engineers in here think I need to be concerned with the extra ~2 grams of weight on the front of the gimbal?  Or should I just pop a Xanax and go fly?

p.jpg    h.jpg

2022-1-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That is almost double the weight of the standard filter. Do you have the combo, if so weigh the nd filters that come in the pack with the drone, if they weigh the same as the pygtech then I would not worry so much.
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI are selling a wide angle lens that weighs 13 grams,  so if your under 13g you should be good.
2022-1-20
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 00:52
DJI are selling a wide angle lens that weighs 13 grams,  so if your under 13g you should be good.

Oh duh, that makes total sense. I should've thought to look at the wide angle. Thanks.
2022-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM M3 Cine Posted at 1-20 05:52
Oh duh, that makes total sense. I should've thought to look at the wide angle. Thanks.

No probs MM.   
2022-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM M3 Cine. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly, reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work but however, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the specifications of the DJI Mavic 3 Wide-Angle Lens ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mavic-3-wide-angle-lens ). Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules