8559 23 2022-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jblanc88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1273619 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you claim/utilise Care refresh outside of your country of registration? - I reside in the UK, but will often travel to Europe and wanted to know if the cover is still effective?. Additionally, albeit not as often, I do travel further afield and wanted to know if cover would also be eligible in the Americas too.

Apologies if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find any conclusive threads on it. Given the cost of the M3 Cini, I want to be absolutely sure.
2022-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You normally have to send the drone back to the country where the refresh was purchased.  So if you were in America you'd have to send the drone back here and not use the american repair system.
2022-1-20
Use props
Jblanc88
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I mainly use my DJI abroad, so that's a bummer!
2022-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Care refresh warranty only works on the same region where you purchase the aircraft and the DJI care refresh plan, Therefore, if something happens on your unit, you need to have it sent to the region where you purchase the product. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-1-20
Use props
Jblanc88
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 19:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Care refresh warranty only works on the same region where you purchase the aircraft and the DJI care refresh plan, Therefore, if something happens on your unit, you need to have it sent to the region where you purchase the product. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Can you confirm what 'region' the UK is?
2022-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jblanc88 Posted at 1-21 02:18

Thank you for your response. If you purchased the said plan in UK and the unit experienced an incident in your location then you have to send the unit to our NL service center for you to use your DJI Care refresh coverage. The official service center for UK based customers is under our NL service center. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_bQpMcQ0NT0GQ
New

United Kingdom

Hello everyone!
with that said clear in mind, I didn't get if I can use my UK care refresh if I have damages when I'm on vacation out of my region, in Italy for instance. Thanks!  
2022-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_bQpMcQ0NT0GQ Posted at 8-20 02:46
Hello everyone!
with that said clear in mind, I didn't get if I can use my UK care refresh if I have damages when I'm on vacation out of my region, in Italy for instance. Thanks!

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. The location where the accident happened does not affect the benefit of the DJI Care Refresh, however, you may need to claim the service when you are back in the country/region where you purchase it.
2022-8-26
Use props
Rob_UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-26 18:56
Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. The location where the accident happened does not affect the benefit of the DJI Care Refresh, however, you may need to claim the service when you are back in the country/region where you purchase it.

Hi Susan

Like the OP, I too travel abroad, mainly Europe, regularly and would like to make sure that I am covered by the DJI refresh service.

My first question appears to have been answered as the location of any potential damage is fairly irrelevant providing I submit my claim from my country of origin (UK), have I understood that correctly?

My second question, what happens in the event of a flyaway? Obviously I would have no drone to return and would need to purchase a replacement via the DJI refresh insurance. Would it matter if the flyaway happened outside of the country of origin?

Kind Regards
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rob_UK Posted at 10-31 06:33
Hi Susan

Like the OP, I too travel abroad, mainly Europe, regularly and would like to make sure that I am covered by the DJI refresh service.

Hi, Rob_UK. Thank you for your response. To add, the same conditions apply to flyaway cases. As we understand that a portion of our customers are travelers, the location of the accident is of no relevance to claiming your DJI Care Refresh replacement. You just need to report it to the same country/region where it was purchased from. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-10-31
Use props
Rob_UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 10-31 13:00
Hi, Rob_UK. Thank you for your response. To add, the same conditions apply to flyaway cases. As we understand that a portion of our customers are travelers, the location of the accident is of no relevance to claiming your DJI Care Refresh replacement. You just need to report it to the same country/region where it was purchased from. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you Tony.

Received my Mini Pro 3 today and will be purchasing the DJI Care Refresh later this evening.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Rob
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rob_UK Posted at 11-1 05:26
Thank you Tony.

Received my Mini Pro 3 today and will be purchasing the DJI Care Refresh later this evening.

Good day, Rob_UK. You are most welcome. We hope that you have fun with your new drone! If you have other concerns, please post them here in DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_H0tqHHKrNqB7
lvl.1

Portugal

Jblanc88 Posted at 2022-1-21 02:18

Definitely it’s not EU….
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_L26p6INizlUb
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I brought my drone in Japan last week and my care refresh in the UK today so basically what you’re saying is if I have a flyaway or crash I can’t use the UK region? Or can I as that’s where I purchased the refresh. I also travel a lot hence the reasoning behind buying the drone
2023-6-6
Use props
djiuser_9lfzfEph7Lau
New

United Kingdom

Hay guys,

I bought the mini 3 pro in UK. I have couple to clarify,
1. when the drone is on and idle it over heats hugely temperature goes above 40 deg c and gets very hot also substantial loss of battery associated with it. is this faulty unit?
2. My DJI RC unit registered with UK location details but still shows  care refresh in US dollars which works out little cheaper. Can I buy this in USD for for UK registered product please.

Thanks.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_9lfzfEph7Lau Posted at 7-21 20:04
Hay guys,

I bought the mini 3 pro in UK. I have couple to clarify,

Hi there, I replied to your inquiries here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 894&pid=3090686, please check it out.
2023-7-22
Use props
drone_pilot_elly
New
Flight distance : 95509 ft

Thailand

Hello there!

I recently bought DJI Mini 4 Pro in Pattaya, Thailand and now got interested in DJI Care Refresh since I am a beginner pilot and quite scared of something happening to the drone.
I checked different threads on the forum regarding DJI care abroad and wanted to make sure that I understood everything right.

So, DJI Care Refresh is not available in Thailand, but I can purchase DJI Care Refresh US and apply my claims in service center in USA in case of damage or flyaways, right? I am unsure because it was said here that "the DJI Care Refresh and the product should be purchased from the same country/region".

In this case my main question is - can I buy DJI Care Refresh US for the drone bought in Thailand?

Thank you in advance!
1-5 21:06
Use props
djiuser_aJqkUFBgIgY9
lvl.1
Portugal

My question I am in Portugal and I am using refresh express to get it replaced.
My issue is I and leaving for the US before I can send the broken unit back within the fourteen days.
DJI is covering the shipping for the return can I ship the drone back from the US I will be there for a month and pay the shipping myself.
1-13 10:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

drone_pilot_elly Posted at 1-5 21:06
Hello there!

I recently bought DJI Mini 4 Pro in Pattaya, Thailand and now got interested in DJI Care Refresh since I am a beginner pilot and quite scared of something happening to the drone.

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers in the U.S., Canada, Macao, EU countries, the UK, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and Mainland China. To ensure that you can enjoy the services normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. I hope this information answers your query.
1-13 23:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_aJqkUFBgIgY9 Posted at 1-13 10:17
My question I am in Portugal and I am using refresh express to get it replaced.
My issue is I and leaving for the US before I can send the broken unit back within the fourteen days.
DJI is covering the shipping for the return can I ship the drone back from the US I will be there for a month and pay the shipping myself.

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. In case your replacement aircraft needs to be sent to a different country wherein outside of your service plan, we encourage you to coordinate this with our support via www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) to arrange the shipping process. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
1-13 23:23
Use props
djiuser_L5m8QYAb3yol
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi, I have bought a mini 4 pro in Malaysia and am contemplating buying the care refresh plan. I am from the Netherlands and would like to buy the care refresh for that region (EU), would this also cover any accidents that happen here (in Asia where I am traveling)? It’s a bit unclear to me how this works. Thanks!
3-17 02:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_L5m8QYAb3yol Posted at 3-17 02:06
Hi, I have bought a mini 4 pro in Malaysia and am contemplating buying the care refresh plan. I am from the Netherlands and would like to buy the care refresh for that region (EU), would this also cover any accidents that happen here (in Asia where I am traveling)? It’s a bit unclear to me how this works. Thanks!

Hi, djiuser_L5m8QYAb3yol. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, DJI doesn't have a global warranty. The warranty will only apply to the region where you purchased the device from. To ensure that you can enjoy the services normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. For example, if you purchase the drone and DJI Care Refresh from Malaysia but the accident happens in the EU, you will need to send the product back to Malaysia/Asia Repair Facility for warranty claims. Hope this helps.
3-18 17:07
Use props
djiuser_X1x0dCpR6wzo
New

Canada

With DJI care, if I take my drone to Mexico and it gets damaged or stolen, will it be covered?
4-2 09:57
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_X1x0dCpR6wzo Posted at 4-2 09:57
With DJI care, if I take my drone to Mexico and it gets damaged or stolen, will it be covered?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. As mentioned above by Gamora's reply, DJI doesn't have a global warranty. The warranty will only apply to the region where you purchased the device from. To ensure that you can enjoy the services normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Thank you for your understanding.
4-2 20:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules