Is caddx vista safe to upgrade (or will features/hacks be disabled?)
5265 5 2022-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

I am running 01.02.00.00 on FPV goggles and DJI FPV01.02.00.00
- in order to avoid recent evil updates that reduce functionality.

My new Caddx Vista version 1.00.0600 does not bind with the googles, it shines red after button is pressed, the googles just keep beeping.

DJI Assistant suggested to install some Vista firmware version ending in 1.00.0606

1: I am weary of installing something that could not be downgraded, and reduce it's features/hackability
2: I am afraid of installing new firmware thta can not be downgraded, forcing me to upgrade the Goggles.

2022-1-20
Use props
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

to answer my own question: it's safe. - and I needed to change to "DJI difital fpv" mode , as if the other one was analog?
2022-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TheViking. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these interesting information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-1-20
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

if you have vista on 1.00.0606 firmware kepp it with this! the vista is not dowgradable and the performances of the news firmware version is very bad. downgrade the googles and all air unit (is possible for the googles and air unit to downgrade to 1.00.0606), and put all the vistas uploaded you have for sale! BIG difference, is like apple, a new firmware bad for performance for you to take the v2, with bad new cameras. dont do it!
2022-5-15
Use props
Aureloctopuzzle
lvl.1

France

dont do it!
2022-5-15
Use props
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

Thank you - will stick with the current firmware (at that point, there was nothing newer than 1.00.0606 )  
Funny, I too started thinking of DJI being equally evil as Apple.
2022-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules