Cine-mode switch Mini 2 bug
2981 18 2022-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675266 ft
United States

I found a bug and verified it at least a dozen times.

Rolling Left and Right the speed is stuck in Sport even with cinematic mode selected “physical switch on controller”

I have to take off in cine-mode due to tight quarters, deck, open roof, posts and stairs.  Back to normal and Sport once out of the danger zone.  When I land, use the controller to switch back in cine mode, fly in and land.  The next flight leaving on cine switch, the side step motion Roll Left and Roll Right is back to Sport.  Super quick!  I have to switch to Sport and back to Cinematic every time.  The phone or OS used.  That didn’t matter.

You land in Cin mode. -  Battery swap. -  Boot up drone leave flyapp open.  Wait for sat signals.  Take off.   You must move the switch to normal or sport then back to Cin.  

Own a Mini Se too and wow you gotta be on your tors, the mini 2 rolls quick!  Mini Se saves the cinematic mode.  Mini 2 does not.

2022-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not a bug,  this is by intention so that you always take off in normal mode and dont get any surprises.
2022-1-20
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Well documented. It is by design as DAFlys says.Mini 2 always takes off in Normal/ Positioning mode whatever position the switch is in.
2022-1-20
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
United States

yogi053 Posted at 1-20 08:29
Well documented. It is by design as DAFlys says.Mini 2 always takes off in Normal/ Positioning mode whatever position the switch is in.

Ah, I assumed if I leave the app open the settings would stand.  Thanks again!
2022-1-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just for completness it will however retain knowledge of the flight mode switch position if the second flight is made without switching the drone off etc.

Obviously that is not applicable to flights made with different batteries.
2022-1-20
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-20 09:18
Just for completness it will however retain knowledge of the flight mode switch position if the second flight is made without switching the drone off etc.

Obviously that is not applicable to flights made with different batteries.

Yeah DJI. Just make a four cell pack for the extended air time. I Wouldn't need to land and swap..  These mainly used for property inspections.  I almost purchased the Original Air but my work van needed a transmission rebuild. 3k.  But glad I waited, have a Air2 on its way.  Wintertime I'm on vacation so I get to play with the drones rather then thinking camera camera camera. Weather wind wind wind..
2022-1-20
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

It might be by design, but surely the Fly app should show the actual mode, not the switch position.

I'm pretty sure that if you leave the switch in the Cine mode position then when you switch on the aircraft and DJI Fly connects, the app says Cine mode top left.

Only switching to Normal and back to Cine actually activates Cine mode, but the app is misleading. Surely that's a bug...

-N.O.T.
2022-1-20
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 1-20 12:47
It might be by design, but surely the Fly app should show the actual mode, not the switch position.

I'm pretty sure that if you leave the switch in the Cine mode position then when you switch on the aircraft and DJI Fly connects, the app says Cine mode top left.
At takeoff I don't even look at the screen.  I get it out in the open and up off the ground about 16 ft.  At night they drift alot so you got to be on them.  Bty once I swap batteries even tho the switch is in cine mode, if you roll left or right, it's got full speed!  
2022-1-20
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
United States

BorisTheGerman Posted at 1-20 12:55
At takeoff I don't even look at the screen.  I get it out in the open and up off the ground about 16 ft.  At night they drift alot so you got to be on them.  Bty once I swap batteries even tho the switch is in cine mode, if you roll left or right, it's got full speed!
I checked the screen after a swap and the screen in app does show Cine mode..  But rolling left or right has full speed.  It’s no joke when your not ready for it.  

If you slide the switch to sport and back, it goes into cinema mode.
2022-1-20
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BorisTheGerman Posted at 1-20 12:55

Before take off and right after my head height walkaroind checks I check various settings in the app before flying off.

It's always a good idea to check loss of Comms action (RTH, land, hover), RTH height etc to make sure they are suitable for the particular flight.

The app screen gives a lot of useful info that should be checked before flight. Unfortunately the flight control mode is not one of them as it's inaccurate.

-N.O.T.
2022-1-20
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 1-20 14:37
Before take off and right after my head height walkaroind checks I check various settings in the app before flying off.

It's always a good idea to check loss of Comms action (RTH, land, hover), RTH height etc to make sure they are suitable for the particular flight.
Wow Really? RtH Is set by the voice prompt.  Everytime unless firmware was updated. Yes I do check the things that are important.  I'm saying the screen isn't important at takeoff because of drift.  Physically touching a slide button you don't need to look to see it set.  Kinda like playing a PlayStation game.  Line of sight is far more important.

Once I'm in the clear. I check my strobes, all controls at 16 ft.  Been flying 30yrs. Just didn't have drones when I started.  

Doing checks at head height is not a good idea as props fly off.  Eyeballs are valuable.  I've even seen props shader doing a engine runup test. This is why I check controls at a distance.  Always give it some room.

I don't use the screen to take off. I want that control as soon as the props spinup.  If you know what I mean.  Use the emergency stop command for spinup basically.
2022-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BorisTheGerman. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The said DJI Drone will take off in Normal Mode regardless of the switch position ( if the remote is on Cine or Sports mode ) at takeoff, which is normal and how DJI has programmed its DJI Drones for additional safety feature and you can change to your desired mode after launching. Thank you.
2022-1-20
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
United States

Donka,  yep another guys stated that too.  I just gotta remember to cycle the switch before lift off …
2022-1-20
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BorisTheGerman Posted at 1-20 14:55
Wow Really? RtH Is set by the voice prompt.  Everytime unless firmware was updated. Yes I do check the things that are important.  I'm saying the screen isn't important at takeoff because of drift.  Physically touching a slide button you don't need to look to see it set.  Kinda like playing a PlayStation game.  Line of sight is far more important.

Once I'm in the clear. I check my strobes, all controls at 16 ft.  Been flying 30yrs. Just didn't have drones when I started.  

Not sure what you mean by "RTH is set by voice prompt".

You are advised that the Home Point has been updated by a voice announcement, BUT the aircraft action when Comms is lost should be checked each flight and set to the appropriate setting for that flight.

Return to Home on loss of Comms may be the right choice in most cases but not all, I can picture situations where hovering would be preferred, and even a few situations where landing might be preferable.

And the RTH height is very flight specific so should be checked and adjusted as necessary each flight.

When I say looking at the screen I DO NOT mean the video feed. I fly by VLOS, but looking at the aircraft does not show me any of the telemetry values that the app does. Even height and distance can only be estimated by sight, but the app can give you a pretty accurate measure.

I don't understand why anyone would not make use of that info from the app.

-N.O.T.
2022-1-21
Use props
BorisTheGerman
lvl.2
United States

The app altitude is terrible. It only shows what it is from the point you got airborne.  It’s not an active reading.  On flat ground sure,  but earth isn’t flat.  I can take off at 0ft and fly 300ft up and be at 1 ft off the ground in a 1/4 mile.  Only thing good is the live aircraft pitch for wind and battery life.  Whenever the home point is set the rth height is set automatic.  Since I fly the same area over and over.  New area sure los the area and make a new calculation.  Hope you don’t copy past the same post again.
2022-1-22
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't think the Home Point height/altitude is reset when the home point is reset.

The height is zeroed when the aircraft takes off. The home point may or may not have been set before the aircraft takes off.

If you reset the home point in flight the home point height is not zeroed as this would make no sense - you could be hundreds of feet in the air.

The height shown is always relative to take off height.

The aircraft has no idea of the height above the actual ground (other than when at very low level and using the VPS for landing etc).

The aircraft does, theoretically, know the GPS altitude of the aircraft, but it is of little to no use without knowing the topography of the land it is being flown over.

-N.O.T.
2022-1-23
Use props
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 1-20 08:29

Well documented .... by users, not the user manual.
2022-1-23
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Stu.Baby Posted at 1-23 10:55
Well documented .... by users, not the user manual.

Yep, I take your point. I've learned a lot on here through member's own experiences.
2022-1-24
Use props
cybeachwalker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93297 ft
Philippines

need help. in control adjustment settings of dji fly app i lost my adjustment settings for cine mode. i am using mini 2.

i posted a screenshot shot. that with red circle is missing now in my settings. only left is normal mode and sport mode.

E962D7F8-5C94-4E02-90E8-564C613E3EB3.jpeg
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules