Connect DJI FPV Combo Controller to MacOS Monterey
5033 12 2022-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZCjcSAVOUBzV
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

what is the current process of connecting the DJI FPV Controller to a Mac running Monterey (12.1). I want to practice in Velocidrone or DRL Simulator to be properly prepared for the M mode (and sorry, the Virtual Flight is super unstable on my iPad, lots of flickering in the Goggles).

So any tips on how to get the controller recognized? Do I need the DJI Assistant 2 app installed? (I know the problems with HoRNDIS).

Any tips highly appreciated

2022-1-21
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had no problems at all connecting an M1 Mini with Monterey and Mac OS 11 either. No problems with an M1 Max MacBook Pro either. I didn't activate the drone/receiver with that Macbook but I transferred all the programs and data to the new machine so I don't know exactly if you need to have Assistant 2 still on the Mac but I doubt it.
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_ZCjcSAVOUBzV
lvl.1
Germany

Depp Posted at 1-21 07:13
I had no problems at all connecting an M1 Mini with Monterey and Mac OS 11 either. No problems with an M1 Max MacBook Pro either. I didn't activate the drone/receiver with that Macbook but I transferred all the programs and data to the new machine so I don't know exactly if you need to have Assistant 2 still on the Mac but I doubt it.

What are the LEDs from your controller looking like when you connect and its working on a M1 mac?
2022-1-21
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_ZCjcSAVOUBzV Posted at 1-21 07:17
What are the LEDs from your controller looking like when you connect and its working on a M1 mac?

All four are blinking at the same time.
2022-1-22
Use props
corveX
lvl.1
Germany

Depp Posted at 1-22 00:06
All four are blinking at the same time.

Can you please show me a screenshot of this view (About this mac -> System Report -> USB)
2022-1-22
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

corveX Posted at 1-22 03:50
Can you please show me a screenshot of this view (About this mac -> System Report -> USB)[view_image]

fünftletzte Zeile... DJI
2022-1-22
Use props
corveX
lvl.1
Germany

Depp Posted at 1-22 11:48
[view_image]
fünftletzte Zeile... DJI

Huge thanks!

Would you mind checking if you have a HoRNDIS.kext file in one or both of these locations (I want to be sure it's horendis before I apply hacks with disabled SIP)

/System/Library/Extensions
/Library/Extensions
2022-1-22
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

corveX Posted at 1-22 13:29
Huge thanks!

Would you mind checking if you have a HoRNDIS.kext file in one or both of these locations (I want to be sure it's horendis before I apply hacks with disabled SIP)

Yes, HoRNDIS.kext in Library/Extensions
2022-1-22
Use props
corveX
lvl.1
Germany

Depp Posted at 1-22 22:08
Yes, HoRNDIS.kext in Library/Extensions

I am really wondering how you got it installed? As M1 machines startred with BigSur, and HoRNDIS is not supported since that version.

Any tips how you got it installed and working?
2022-1-24
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

corveX Posted at 1-24 03:33
I am really wondering how you got it installed? As M1 machines startred with BigSur, and HoRNDIS is not supported since that version.

Any tips how you got it installed and working?

I just erased the .kext, rebooted and started Velocidrone.
Worked like a charm.
I'll keep the file moved to a different spot for safety.
I remember going through some strange installation process with an earlier system, probably Intel MacBook Pro 2012 on Mac OS X 10.14. Then it probably got transferred to the M1 machines.
2022-1-24
Use props
corveX
lvl.1
Germany

Depp Posted at 1-24 06:01
I just erased the .kext, rebooted and started Velocidrone.
Worked like a charm.
I'll keep the file moved to a different spot for safety.

Thank you.

Well, I was setting up a windows machine to exclude the situation that the controller has an issue. I have opened DJI Assistant, the controller was recognized. Now my controller also works on MacOS Monterey. Super weird. It seems that it has not been activated properly (even though I was already flying with the controller).

Thanks for the support anyhow.

TL;DR

If you are having trouble with your DJI FPV Controller v2 with post Catalina OS, get a windows machine, activate the controller properly. Then it will be recognized by your MacOS.
2022-1-24
Use props
fansc03e6e14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

This is not working with latest macOS Monterey 12.5 even with the HoRNDIS kext installed and successfully loaded.I plug in the controller and nothing happens.

The DJI FPV controller works on my Windows DJI Assistant 2 (already activated ?)

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 13.44.09.png IMG_1437.jpg
2022-7-27
Use props
fansc03e6e14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

Do anyone know when the lazy developers from DJI come back from vacation to work and develop this piece of crap?
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules