Can't connect the smart controller with the phone
3085 27 2022-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Forli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486188 ft
Italy

I can't connect the controller with my phone (Oppo find X3 neo), i think maybbe after the update to android 12.
When I connect the cable to the phone, nothing happens, not even the charging signal.
2022-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android 12 is supported yet.   Id roll back to Android 11.
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Kindly please refer to the link below for you to re-download the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-1-22
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 01:29
I believe that is not true. 1.5.4 supports Android 12. Also I know of know way outside of hacking the phone, to just rollback an Android version.
2022-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAYTONA392 Posted at 1-22 07:05
I believe that is not true. 1.5.4 supports Android 12. Also I know of know way outside of hacking the phone, to just rollback an Android version.

There are literally hundreds of posts here about android 12 not working.  Each release of the fly app and a few more devices start to work so hopefully in time it will get fixed.
2022-1-22
Use props
Forli
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-22 02:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Kindly please refer to the link below for you to re-download the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Yes, I have already tried. What worries me is that it doesn't even react when I connect the cable
2022-1-22
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 07:28
There are literally hundreds of posts here about android 12 not working.  Each release of the fly app and a few more devices start to work so hopefully in time it will get fixed.
Ive got a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. Just recently updated from DJI FLY 1.4.8 (1185) to latest v of 1.5.4. Just did the firmware update to the controller and a DJI database update. Also just had my phone update to Android 12. I updated the fly app because I figured 1.4.8 was not going to work with Android 12. So naturally with all these various updates, I was sure that I was going to have some of the problems that always get talked about on the Forum here (black screen, controller not connecting, not being able to record, etc). Well I'm happy to report that absolutely everything works. Took it for a fly although I didn't take it outside, just flew it around in the house for a little bit. For whatever reason, everything seems to work for me. So just putting that out there for others who think that if they upgrade to Android 12 they're doomed. 1.5.4 does indeed work on Android 12 with a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. And just for good measure after the fly database update, I rebooted everything.
2022-1-23
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Hmm... I was under the impression, that you do not need to use a PHONE to connect the SMART CONTROLLER too.  Am I wrong?
2022-1-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Are you using the correct USB port on the controller?
2022-1-23
Use props
Forli
lvl.1
Italy

No, It isn't, it is the mini 2 controller
2022-1-23
Use props
Forli
lvl.1
Italy

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 1-23 16:55
Hmm... I was under the impression, that you do not need to use a PHONE to connect the SMART CONTROLLER too.  Am I wrong?

No, It isn't, it is the mini 2 controller, sorry I have put wrong name for the post
2022-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAYTONA392 Posted at 1-23 16:09
Ive got a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. Just recently updated from DJI FLY 1.4.8 (1185) to latest v of 1.5.4. Just did the firmware update to the controller and a DJI database update. Also just had my phone update to Android 12. I updated the fly app because I figured 1.4.8 was not going to work with Android 12. So naturally with all these various updates, I was sure that I was going to have some of the problems that always get talked about on the Forum here (black screen, controller not connecting, not being able to record, etc). Well I'm happy to report that absolutely everything works. Took it for a fly although I didn't take it outside, just flew it around in the house for a little bit. For whatever reason, everything seems to work for me. So just putting that out there for others who think that if they upgrade to Android 12 they're doomed. 1.5.4 does indeed work on Android 12 with a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. And just for good measure after the fly database update, I rebooted everything.

Might be worth trying the latest update 1.5.8 just got released
2022-1-24
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 01:12
Might be worth trying the latest update 1.5.8 just got released

Ya i see that. Thanks for the information. I'm going to do some searching on YouTube and see if people have been flying it and how has it been. I see your post that they have increased some of the font sizes and information for the battery display. I'm always weary every time they put out an update. Which is why I only updated recently. Generally I hold on to what works. If there are no issues from others looks like it might be worth updating it again.
2022-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAYTONA392 Posted at 1-24 07:36
Ya i see that. Thanks for the information. I'm going to do some searching on YouTube and see if people have been flying it and how has it been. I see your post that they have increased some of the font sizes and information for the battery display. I'm always weary every time they put out an update. Which is why I only updated recently. Generally I hold on to what works. If there are no issues from others looks like it might be worth updating it again.

I guess I’m used to IOS where the updates are automatic.  At least with the smart controller it’s really easy to remove the update.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_ePPg7zuLVwUb
New

Italy

Hello.  I have the same problem.  Same smartphone Oppo find x3 neo with Coloros 12. The problem is that the smartphone does not detect the controller at all.  The smartphone does not charge
2022-1-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Forli Posted at 1-24 01:12
No, It isn't, it is the mini 2 controller, sorry I have put wrong name for the post

No problem, I have done that more than once
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_sh0QPXxjfnO0
New

United States

I had to tell the DJI community about how I fixed my problem.  I tried for one whole day to get my phone and controller for my Mini 2 to connect.  Did everything I read on this forum and nothing worked.  I have a Samsung G7 Galaxy phone.  This morning I tried my wife's Galaxy G7 and it work instantly.  So I am like hum.  I duplicated all of the USB settings between the phones from wives to mine (there were a few that were different).  Nothing changed.  So I am like maybe my USB(Mini) Port is damaged because about 99% of the time I wirelessly charge.  I manually plug my phone into a charger and its starts charging.  Hum, seems to be OK.  I did try a different cable than the one that came with the Mini 2 and nothing.  You are not going to believe what the problem was.

First I did a reflash of the firmware on the controller using the DJI Assistant 2 for the Mini 2.  NOTE: They do not tell you this but on windows 10 it will not detect the controller unless you down the USB Driver from DJI and install it.  Only then will the program see it.  I flashed it and connect my phone and it said I need to update DJI Mini 2.  I was like progress.  After the update to the DYI Fly program, nothing.  Starting to feel like the miner in the Rudolph special.  

With my wife phone when I connected I noticed that it would chime because it was getting charged from the controller.  But with my phone, it did not.

Like I said you are not going to believe this.  I plugged a USB cable into my wife's phone and paid close attention to how deep it went in.  Tried the same thing with my phone.  Only about half as deep, hum.

After careful inspection with reading glasses on that there was a lot of dust/lint in the connect which of course gets compressed every time you plug it in.  I also keep my phone in my front right pocket all the time.  And it is a G7 so I have had it a long time.

Go to the garage get my light to mount to head grab my dential picks (everyone should have some of these they are great tools and most dentists just threw them away after a certain about of time, just ask).

Spend the next 30 minutes carefully removing compressed dust and link from all around the USBs center connector.  Slid in a USB connector until it went in the same amount as my wife's.  Yes I know that sounds a little -----.  You fill in the blank.

Note my connector was falling out very easily before I did this clean.  Now it was in the rock solid.

Plug to the controller and what do you know everything worked great just like my wifes phone.  

I bet other people run into this and simply give up or get a new phone but check this first, smile.

Jack
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_cEg9YVF6nYth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2450240 ft
Italy

I have the Mavic mini 1, a few days ago I tried to fly but the DJI fly app did not open, so I reinstalled it but nothing happened. I have an Oppo Find X 3 Neo, does anyone know how to fix?
2022-7-31
Use props
Forli
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_cEg9YVF6nYth Posted at 7-31 11:38
I have the Mavic mini 1, a few days ago I tried to fly but the DJI fly app did not open, so I reinstalled it but nothing happened. I have an Oppo Find X 3 Neo, does anyone know how to fix?

My problem was solved with a new version of the Oppo Firmware, Now my firmware version is ColorOS 12.1 CPH2207_11_C.48
2022-8-2
Use props
JQian
lvl.1

Australia

My OPPO AX7 has a similar problem. Since it is not in the compatible list, I always use my old Samsung to fly.  Thanks to the USB advise, I tried to enable the debugger. I not only did that but also changed USB configuration from Charging to Transfer Picture Protocol. My OPPO can link successfully now.
2022-11-14
Use props
Alan Brand
lvl.1
Australia

See Post 3 above and update to the latest DJI Fly app (v1.8.0). I'd be amazed if that doesn't support Android 12.
2022-11-14
Use props
Alan Brand
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 01:29

See Post 3 below and update to the latest DJI Fly app (v1.8.0). I'd be amazed if that doesn't support Android 12.
2022-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alan Brand Posted at 11-14 13:51
See Post 3 below and update to the latest DJI Fly app (v1.8.0). I'd be amazed if that doesn't support Android 12.

I think you've resurrected a very old thread Alan.  
2022-11-15
Use props
Alan Brand
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-15 01:16
I think you've resurrected a very old thread Alan.

Oh, sorry', I'm new here. The dates of the posts weren't obvious to me until I studied them more closely.
2022-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alan Brand Posted at 11-15 03:34
Oh, sorry', I'm new here. The dates of the posts weren't obvious to me until I studied them more closely.

At the top of the list there is a sort by option,  it's worth selecting last post to get a better order.  
2022-11-15
Use props
Alan Brand
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-15 03:42
At the top of the list there is a sort by option,  it's worth selecting last post to get a better order.

Sorry to be thick but can you please point out exactly where in the list of posts that option can be accessed?
2022-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alan Brand Posted at 11-15 21:36
Sorry to be thick but can you please point out exactly where in the list of posts that option can be accessed?

Here's a screen shot with it highlighted yellow.

2022-11-16
Use props
djiuser_5iMq7HKxcD4Q
New

Spain

A mi me pasa casi lo mismo. Tengo el Oppo Find x3 Neo y la version 13 de android. Enchufo el cable del mando al movil y solo me carga no me sale ningun mensaje para poder conectar el movil al mando. ¿Como puedo solucionarlo?

Gracias de antemano.
2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules