Difference between FPV drone & goggle footage.
977 3 2022-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlsharbutt
lvl.1
United States

Hey all,

I am new to this whole drone thing, but very enthusiastic about it.  I picked up a DJI FPV Combo the other day an am loving it so far.  What I am trying to determine is the specific purpose of the videos recorded on the drone as opposed to the goggles.

What I have determined so far is that each seems to record different metadata in the srt files.  Also, the goggle videos are much smaller and do not record in full HD.  Also, the audio recording is different between the two, for obvious reasons.  If I want to record my voice in the goggles while flying, do I need to connect a headset with a microphone?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone with experience could provide some guidance as far as recording with drone and/or goggles, because some of it seems a little backwards.  For instance, I do not get my velocity information in the drone file srt files, but it is in the goggle files.  I could be getting things confused.  I just want to make sure I am recording all of the proper data for when I decided to make some real videos and get in to post production.

Thank you,

Joey
2022-1-21
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

One purpose of the goggle recording is to find the drone if you crash. And to have at least some footage if your recording in the drone fails. As for additional metadata I don't know...
2022-1-22
Use props
jlsharbutt
lvl.1
United States

Depp Posted at 1-22 00:09
One purpose of the goggle recording is to find the drone if you crash. And to have at least some footage if your recording in the drone fails. As for additional metadata I don't know...

Thanks.  I learned that the hard way last night.  I think I clipped a tree.  I was flying about 10 meters above the street lights in my neighborhood and it just went blank.  A neighbor found it in pieces this morning.  

I do have video of it's last moments from the goggles.
2022-1-22
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

jlsharbutt Posted at 1-22 14:41
Thanks.  I learned that the hard way last night.  I think I clipped a tree.  I was flying about 10 meters above the street lights in my neighborhood and it just went blank.  A neighbor found it in pieces this morning.  

I do have video of it's last moments from the goggles.

Bad luck. Hope they fix it for you.
That's another reason: DJI often wants videos of unfortunate events...
2022-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules