Pocket 2 stick not working
5679 23 2022-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChirpyMind
lvl.1

India

Dear DJI Team,

I have a brand new DJI Pocket 2. But since day 1 the stick isn't working. I thought there must be a setting to turn it on.
Today, while watching a few videos on youtube I realized that my stick is supposed to work by default. Moreover, I also realized that my zoom and pan function on the device are interchanged. Maybe that's the reason the stick ain't working.

I'm attaching two videos to explain both the problems better. Kindly help. Thanks.https://youtu.be/mAc9gipuC3I
https://youtu.be/XjSwmcfuma4
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please set the mini control stick's speed to 10 to check if the problem persists. (Setting method: Swipe down on the screen and enter Settings > Accessories > Control Stick Speed).

If it cannot be controlled, please check the firmware version of the mini control stick. If the firmware version is 00.00.00.00, please use isopropyl alcohol to wipe clean the gimbal pin port and the metal contact of the mini control stick.

If the control still fails after wiping the device clean, please send the gimbal and control stick back for further diagnosis. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-1-22
Use props
ChirpyMind
lvl.1

India

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 01:57
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please set the mini control stick's speed to 10 to check if the problem persists. (Setting method: Swipe down on the screen and enter Settings > Accessories > Control Stick Speed).

If it cannot be controlled, please check the firmware version of the mini control stick. If the firmware version is 00.00.00.00, please use isopropyl alcohol to wipe clean the gimbal pin port and the metal contact of the mini control stick.

Hey!

I did both the steps but the problem still persists.
When I go to the link you shared and select India as my region, the following message pops up "Your selection is not currently available. Please contact us via www.dji.com/support".
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ChirpyMind Posted at 1-22 04:59
Hey!

I did both the steps but the problem still persists.

In this case, you can contact our support team through email. And our team will help you further. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-1-22
Use props
ChirpyMind
lvl.1

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-22 19:48
In this case, you can contact our support team through email. And our team will help you further. http://www.dji.com/support

I've done the same just now. Fingers crossed.
2022-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ChirpyMind Posted at 1-23 04:46
I've done the same just now. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update. We noticed that our team has replied to your email. Please check and reply. We will also keep an eye on your case. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-1-23
Use props
Rbal
lvl.1
Australia

I have a similar problem.  The mini control stick on my brand new Pocket 2 doesn't work.

I unboxed and activated my Pocket 2 today. During activation the phone screen displayed a firmware update failure but the Pocket 2 screen showed it completing to 100%.  

Both mini control stick buttons do nothing.  The display screen will operate the zoom but I cannot switch to gimbal control.  In SETTINGS/ACCESSORIES the Control Stick Calibration and Control Stick Speed (which reads 0) is greyed out.  I have removed and reinstalled the control stick unit several times but it is not recognised.  This is a brand new unit.  All contacts are clean.  I haven't even taken a photo or video yet.
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rbal Posted at 1-24 23:18
I have a similar problem.  The mini control stick on my brand new Pocket 2 doesn't work.

I unboxed and activated my Pocket 2 today. During activation the phone screen displayed a firmware update failure but the Pocket 2 screen showed it completing to 100%.  

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered. Could you please give me a screenshot of the error message to do a confirmation? Besides, you can get a reference from the tutorial video.

Looking forward to your update.
2022-1-25
Use props
Rbal
lvl.1
Australia

Hi.  The firmware error only appeared on activation.  No error message now appears on my Pocket 2 or Mimo on my phone screen.

The main issue is that the mini control stick is not recognised when installed on the Pocket.  It does not function at all.  The controls in SETTINGS are greyed out and do not respond when selected.
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rbal Posted at 1-25 13:56
Hi.  The firmware error only appeared on activation.  No error message now appears on my Pocket 2 or Mimo on my phone screen.

The main issue is that the mini control stick is not recognised when installed on the Pocket.  It does not function at all.  The controls in SETTINGS are greyed out and do not respond when selected.[view_image]

Hi, there. May I confirm if you could control the gimbal rotation on the DJI Mimo App?
2022-1-26
Use props
Rbal
lvl.1
Australia

Yes, the gimbal does respond using the Mimo app
2022-1-26
Use props
Rbal
lvl.1
Australia

I have returned the Pocket 2 for a full refund.  Very disappointed this didn't work straight out of the box.
2022-1-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Rbal Posted at 1-27 16:57
I have returned the Pocket 2 for a full refund.  Very disappointed this didn't work straight out of the box.

Hello, there. We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you need our helps in the future, please tell us or contact our support through email. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
We will try our best to help you.
2022-1-28
Use props
Mattyb101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234879 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-28 04:09
Hello, there. We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you need our helps in the future, please tell us or contact our support through email. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
We will try our best to help you.

Was there a fix for this? Precisely the same issue out of the box with control stick not working showing speed as greyed out. Thanks
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mattyb101 Posted at 12-11 05:00
Was there a fix for this? Precisely the same issue out of the box with control stick not working showing speed as greyed out. Thanks

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please also provide us with a video for further confirmation? Please check whether the mini control stick has been attached properly.
If it still cannot be controlled, please check the firmware version of the mini control stick. If the firmware version is 00.00.00.00, please use isopropyl alcohol to wipe clean the gimbal pin port and the metal contact of the mini control stick.
2022-12-11
Use props
djiuser_DboJPubvneDq
New
United States

So, any update on this? I too am having this issue. I bought a refurbished product off of amazon, and the gimbal seems to be working fine, but when I pop in the joy stick, nothing happens. I can't seem to find any way to check the firmware version on the gimbal or joystick.

2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_DboJPubvneDq Posted at 2-23 21:04
So, any update on this? I too am having this issue. I bought a refurbished product off of amazon, and the gimbal seems to be working fine, but when I pop in the joy stick, nothing happens. I can't seem to find any way to check the firmware version on the gimbal or joystick.

[view_image]

Hi there, to check the firmware version, you can slide down the screen and tap 'Setting'-'More'-'Device Info' to check the firmware version.
2023-2-24
Use props
djiuser_DboJPubvneDq
New
United States

I can't check right now, but what am i looking for? and in the even my firmware does need to be updated how do i do that?
2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_DboJPubvneDq Posted at 2-24 10:40
I can't check right now, but what am i looking for? and in the even my firmware does need to be updated how do i do that?

Please update the firmware if it is not the latest version: V01.03.00.10
You can refer to the tutorial below for firmware update. If you have the phone adapter, please connect your phone and Pocket 2 and check if the connection is good. If yes, you may double-check the connectors on the mini control stick, clean it if it is dusty. Please keep us updated.
2023-2-25
Use props
CTLewis
New

United States

Just so you are aware, I am having this very same issue with a camera right out of the box. It has the latest firmware. In accessories, the stick speed is dimmed, just like in the photo from another user. Unless there is a fix for this, I guess I will return it.
2023-3-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

My mini control stick had been operating fine, but I do occasionally have similar problems when attempting to use the Pocket 2 with the Osmo Pocket Extension Rod's controls. My guess is that it could be related to the controller port's connections, as sometimes taking it off the connector and putting it back, or moving the Pocket 2 around a bit while connected solves the problem.

As for the zoom and pan functions being reversed, for what I have understood it is that the symbol indicating whether the zoom or pan has been selected applies to the control assigned to the mini joystick, and the touchscreen slider applies to the other function when the joystick is connected. Does the reversal apply to the Pocket 2 also when the joystick is not connected? If it does, then there could actually be a problem.
2023-3-28
Use props
CTLewis
New

United States

CTLewis Posted at 3-27 15:16
Just so you are aware, I am having this very same issue with a camera right out of the box. It has the latest firmware. In accessories, the stick speed is dimmed, just like in the photo from another user. Unless there is a fix for this, I guess I will return it.

Just FYI, a friend has the same camera. I tested his joystick on my camera and it worked just fine. Its defective joysticks.
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_PVOe7EDHvykx
New

Indonesia

Help me. I've updated the firmware and it worked. but when updating the control stick it always fails. until now when i installed the control stick it would update and ended up failing. what do I have to do?
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_PVOe7EDHvykx Posted at 7-26 16:07
Help me. I've updated the firmware and it worked. but when updating the control stick it always fails. until now when i installed the control stick it would update and ended up failing. what do I have to do?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. I have sent you PM, please take a look.
2023-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules