Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 03:35
Thanks for the clear and precise analysis.

Hi Hallmark,

As you have a M3, can you check if stick inputs are recorded during MasterShots?
I think yes, same as in all the other auto fly modes (GoHome, QuickShots, etc)

cheers
JJB
2022-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 1-25 04:24
Hi Hallmark,

As you have a M3, can you check if stick inputs are recorded during MasterShots?

Is it not the same as Air2s ? I won’t be flying until the weekend and have not used Mastershots with M3 but I will try then and check.
2022-1-25
Use props
LeroyWolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84288 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 1-25 03:18
When i was watching on my screen, the drone suddenly started to fly away out of nowhere in a straight line. I didn't touch anything on the controller.
The flight data confirms this much.
It shows you starting the master shot at 12:59.6.

You guys are wizzards haha. Amazing!

What i did was when it started moving in an arc motion, i cancelled the master shot via my phone screen. I simply pressed the (red) cancell button. Which it didnt responded directly to it.
I then was focussed on the screen why it didnt respond and during that it started moving forward.
I rarely use master shots but wanted to do this as a fun clip for the client.
2022-1-25
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Others have already analyzed the flight log here. I just want to personally thank one person in particular here who I think always stays focused on the facts of the case and nothing else. Labroides, I couldn't agree more with how you approach these issues. As I read this thread this morning, we had people blaming DJI for issues, without having any data on what actually happened, we had people saying the FAA should even get involved, without having any data, we had people trying to suggest this is the same issue that occurred with Suren's issue, without having any data. Now that we have the actually flight log in this case....it tells us pretty much what happened in this case. I was blasted by some in suren's case for suggesting that it was possible that it could be pilot error. I apologized to suren for some of my approach and words I chose in my assessment in that thread, but my sentiments on his case remained. I was blasted though for suggesting that the pilot could have done that. Its interesting than in this case, we have another mastershots fly away where the pilot says it flew entirely on its own. However, the flight log clearly shows the aircraft was responding to stick commands as it flew into the tree. I just want to point out to folks who love to jump the gun, start connecting dots, making massive assumptions, all without data, that this is why you don't jump the gun. One thing you will learn is that when people enter a state of panic or high anxiety, they typically don't remember exactly what they did in those few seconds or minutes clearly. Based on flight logs this case appears to be pilot error.

A few little things I did notice in analyzing the video and logs that I would share. The Mastershots "wobble" that you see in the video has been a known problem with the gimbal in mastershots. Many people have had this wobble issue, so that should not be any consideration toward the fly away issue - it is a separate standalone issue. Just want to clarify that. When we realized the drone crashed into a tree my first thought was "Why didn't the vision sensors avoid the tree? Was it a bare / leafless tree that we know the drone has problems seeing sometimes?" So I studied the video closely along with the flight path. I think the tree the drone crashed into is visible in the video, and it is indeed a tree with bare, thin branches.

Questions to the OP: You said you didn't touch the sticks as the drone flew into the tree. How certain are you of this? The flight data shows stick inputs that essentially flew the drone into the tree. There is a contradiction in your story of events and what the flight logs show. Just would be curious if we cant try to clear up those few seconds where the mastershot was canceled, and the drone ended up in the tree. What you did with the remote control in those few seconds is critical to this case. As was the situation with surens case...What pilots are doing with their RC in these moments of perceived problems is so critical. In surens case, his phone disconnected so we never got a flight log to see if there were any stick inputs to contradict his memory of what happened. In this case we do have flight logs, and we see the contradiction. This is why I focus on data ONLY. I have seen so many times where what people remember happening, did not match the data. This is not to blast the pilot or person who the crash happened to, but just to hi light that in those moments of anxiety people can sometimes do things that they arent fully thinking about or dont remember. This is why in law enforcement when you show up to a tragedy and start interviewing witnesses, you often get drastically different stories of what happened, even though witnesses all saw the same thing. You have to focus on the data and facts before jumping the gun.
2022-1-25
Use props
LeroyWolf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tornado12 Posted at 1-25 06:16
Others have already analyzed the flight log here. I just want to personally thank one person in particular here who I think always stays focused on the facts of the case and nothing else. Labroides, I couldn't agree more with how you approach these issues. As I read this thread this morning, we had people blaming DJI for issues, without having any data on what actually happened, we had people saying the FAA should even get involved, without having any data, we had people trying to suggest this is the same issue that occurred with Suren's issue, without having any data. Now that we have the actually flight log in this case....it tells us pretty much what happened in this case. I was blasted by some in suren's case for suggesting that it was possible that it could be pilot error. I apologized to suren for some of my approach and words I chose in my assessment in that thread, but my sentiments on his case remained. I was blasted though for suggesting that the pilot could have done that. Its interesting than in this case, we have another mastershots fly away where the pilot says it flew entirely on its own. However, the flight log clearly shows the aircraft was responding to stick commands as it flew into the tree. I just want to point out to folks who love to jump the gun, start connecting dots, making massive assumptions, all without data, that this is why you don't jump the gun. One thing you will learn is that when people enter a state of panic or high anxiety, they typically don't remember exactly what they did in those few seconds or minutes clearly. Based on flight logs this case appears to be pilot error.

A few little things I did notice in analyzing the video and logs that I would share. The Mastershots "wobble" that you see in the video has been a known problem with the gimbal in mastershots. Many people have had this wobble issue, so that should not be any consideration toward the fly away issue - it is a separate standalone issue. Just want to clarify that. When we realized the drone crashed into a tree my first thought was "Why didn't the vision sensors avoid the tree? Was it a bare / leafless tree that we know the drone has problems seeing sometimes?" So I studied the video closely along with the flight path. I think the tree the drone crashed into is visible in the video, and it is indeed a tree with bare, thin branches.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply!

I can tell with 100% certainty that i didn't touch any controls (joysticks) when it started flying straight ahead.
When i did touch the joysticks is when it was already flying straight ahead because i tried to get it under control. But the drone didn't respond to any of my controls.

As said, i've been flying since the Phantom 1 (9 years ago) and i def know how to control one.
There's no chance that i was flying it full throtle into a tree in a straight line after i cancelled the master shot. What i might forgot to mention is that there was no video feed when flying into the tree. I tried recording it, and i tried to capture a photo:

2022-1-25
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

LeroyWolf Posted at 1-25 06:30
Thanks for the comprehensive reply!

I can tell with 100% certainty that i didn't touch any controls (joysticks) when it started flying straight ahead.

Thanks for following up Leroy.

I also appreciate the photo as it does confirm that I have the right tree. The vision system didnt save you here because of this exact tree. These thin branched, leafless trees are often hard for the obstacle avoidance to see. They have been the cause of a great many mavic 3 crashes.

I do not doubt what you are saying, but you can see why looking at your case from the outside causes us to scratch our heads. The flight log data seems to suggest the drone responded to stick commands as it flew into the tree. This flight log data is the same thing DJI will evaluate to determine a warranty claim. I suspect they will call this pilot error. Do you have DJI Care Refresh for the Mavic 3? If you do, sigh relief because it may save you here. How damanged was the drone? I saw you mention some damaged propellers, but was that all? If all it did was damage propellers then maybe you are ok here. If you already mentioned further damage I may have missed it sorry.
2022-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tornado12 Posted at 1-25 06:16
Others have already analyzed the flight log here. I just want to personally thank one person in particular here who I think always stays focused on the facts of the case and nothing else. Labroides, I couldn't agree more with how you approach these issues. As I read this thread this morning, we had people blaming DJI for issues, without having any data on what actually happened, we had people saying the FAA should even get involved, without having any data, we had people trying to suggest this is the same issue that occurred with Suren's issue, without having any data. Now that we have the actually flight log in this case....it tells us pretty much what happened in this case. I was blasted by some in suren's case for suggesting that it was possible that it could be pilot error. I apologized to suren for some of my approach and words I chose in my assessment in that thread, but my sentiments on his case remained. I was blasted though for suggesting that the pilot could have done that. Its interesting than in this case, we have another mastershots fly away where the pilot says it flew entirely on its own. However, the flight log clearly shows the aircraft was responding to stick commands as it flew into the tree. I just want to point out to folks who love to jump the gun, start connecting dots, making massive assumptions, all without data, that this is why you don't jump the gun. One thing you will learn is that when people enter a state of panic or high anxiety, they typically don't remember exactly what they did in those few seconds or minutes clearly. Based on flight logs this case appears to be pilot error.

It was actually who made the assumption thar Suren was responsible for his crash without having all the data and resulted in you having to apologize. Get down of your high horse.
2022-1-25
Use props
LeroyWolf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tornado12 Posted at 1-25 06:39
Thanks for following up Leroy.

I also appreciate the photo as it does confirm that I have the right tree. The vision system didnt save you here because of this exact tree. These thin branched, leafless trees are often hard for the obstacle avoidance to see. They have been the cause of a great many mavic 3 crashes.

I completely understand that data = the data And i really appreciate you guys digging into it.
As for the drone, it has some scratches, broken propellors and a lost ND filter. But luckily no scratches or dammaged lens/gimbal. And extra lucky because it didn't fall into the water/puddle below the tree.

So i'm just gonna take my loss and cope myself new propellors & ND filter. Don't think it's worth missing it for two weeks. I'm just scared to ever user master shots again hehe.
2022-1-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LeroyWolf Posted at 1-25 06:49
I completely understand that data = the data  And i really appreciate you guys digging into it.
As for the drone, it has some scratches, broken propellors and a lost ND filter. But luckily no scratches or dammaged lens/gimbal. And extra lucky because it didn't fall into the water/puddle below the tree.

I'm just scared to ever user master shots again.
If you ever have trouble with any automated flight mode, you need to cancel it to resume control.
The quickest and simplest way to cancel an automated flight mode is to flick the flight mode switch out of P-GPS mode and back again.
Then you should have full normal control.

2022-1-25
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-25 06:40
It was actually who made the assumption thar Suren was responsible for his crash without having all the data and resulted in you having to apologize. Get down of your high horse.

Im only going to respond to you once here just to clarify the situation. Suren had zero flight log data of the fly away because his phone disconnected before it occurred. This meant that we all had to use the little data we had to draw a POSSIBLE conclusion to what COULD have happened. I did just that. I let all the facts of his case dictate the direction I went in drawing a possible conclusion. I will not restate my case here in detail on his fly away, but I laid out in detail why I felt it was very POSSIBLE it could have been pilot error. Disconnects, sensor failures, misunderstanding the disconnect, a whole lot of stuff went into suren's case, and I STILL feel that the STRONGEST possibility in that case was pilot error, based on the data that we had to go on. That does not mean I blame suren, it means that if I look at nothing but the data and am just objective, it suggests that pilot error is the most probable cause.

I find Many people have a hard time separating the person and their story and wanting to sympathize with them, from making an objective conclusion on facts. I don't struggle with this. I sympathize with both suren and the pilot in this case here we are discussing, but I do not feel that stands as an obstacle to making an objective call based on data and facts. I actually feel that if someone is posting all their data and asking for help understanding what happened, that I owe it to them to give my 100% honest opinion based on the data, even if my personal conclusion is to suggest they were the reason for the crash. When we have holes in the data and can not make a definitive conclusion then we rely on the facts we do have to dictate what likely occurred. I was very methodical about how I arrived at my conclusion. You then came in with your emotionally charged arguments. You are fine to disagree with my conclusion, but you need to realize my conclusion was based on a logical approach - You disagreed with me, obviously, but the only real approach you took was one based on emotion. I at least gave a long and detailed series of facts that lead me to my conclusion. That doesn't mean I am right, because ultimately the real truth is unknown, but it at least does show the logic behind my conclusion, which is something you are unable to show. I wont respond to you further on this. In my short time contributing to these forums you are one of the folks I have identified as often very ill informed, and also very emotionally charged, often derailing threads with your highschool drama with other members. I will not go there with you. I do not value your opinion at all really.
2022-1-25
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

LeroyWolf Posted at 1-25 06:49
I completely understand that data = the data  And i really appreciate you guys digging into it.

Well in that case then really, no harm done. Propellers are no big deal. The lost ND filter is a little bummer but after having such a terrible crash I'm sure the lost ND is of no real consequence. I'm sure you are just glad the drone escaped real damage. Most of these crashes like this end up with the camera and gimbal being knocked loose and dangling by wires, among other things.
2022-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tornado12 Posted at 1-25 07:11
Im only going to respond to you once here just to clarify the situation. Suren had zero flight log data of the fly away because his phone disconnected before it occurred. This meant that we all had to use the little data we had to draw a POSSIBLE conclusion to what COULD have happened. I did just that. I let all the facts of his case dictate the direction I went in drawing a possible conclusion. I will not restate my case here in detail on his fly away, but I laid out in detail why I felt it was very POSSIBLE it could have been pilot error. Disconnects, sensor failures, misunderstanding the disconnect, a whole lot of stuff went into suren's case, and I STILL feel that the STRONGEST possibility in that case was pilot error, based on the data that we had to go on. That does not mean I blame suren, it means that if I look at nothing but the data and am just objective, it suggests that pilot error is the most probable cause.

I find Many people have a hard time separating the person and their story and wanting to sympathize with them, from making an objective conclusion on facts. I don't struggle with this. I sympathize with both suren and the pilot in this case here we are discussing, but I do not feel that stands as an obstacle to making an objective call based on data and facts. I actually feel that if someone is posting all their data and asking for help understanding what happened, that I owe it to them to give my 100% honest opinion based on the data, even if my personal conclusion is to suggest they were the reason for the crash. When we have holes in the data and can not make a definitive conclusion then we rely on the facts we do have to dictate what likely occurred. I was very methodical about how I arrived at my conclusion. You then came in with your emotionally charged arguments. You are fine to disagree with my conclusion, but you need to realize my conclusion was based on a logical approach - You disagreed with me, obviously, but the only real approach you took was one based on emotion. I at least gave a long and detailed series of facts that lead me to my conclusion. That doesn't mean I am right, because ultimately the real truth is unknown, but it at least does show the logic behind my conclusion, which is something you are unable to show. I wont respond to you further on this. In my short time contributing to these forums you are one of the folks I have identified as often very ill informed, and also very emotionally charged, often derailing threads with your highschool drama with other members. I will not go there with you. I do not value your opinion at all really.

Suren had zero flight log data of the fly away because his phone disconnected before it occurred. This meant that we all had to use the little data “we had to draw a POSSIBLE conclusion to what COULD have happened. “

You need to get off your high horse here. You didn’t have to draw any conclusion “except” that there wasn’t enough data to come to a conclusion, so the rest you just made up from assumptions, your assumptions backed up with absolutely no data , and still to this day you are offering up no data to back up what you’re saying. So please don’t post here saying you’re giving your opinion on the data "you didn’t."
2022-1-25
Use props
LeroyWolf
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 1-25 06:57
I'm just scared to ever user master shots again.
If you ever have trouble with any automated flight mode, you need to cancel it to resume control.
The quickest and simplest way to cancel an automated flight mode is to flick the flight mode switch out of P-GPS mode and back again.

Cheers! Lil bit confused with flicking in/out p-gps mode. You mean set it to sport mode and back to normale/cine? Just wanna verify before i'll ever try master shots again hehe.
2022-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

LeroyWolf Posted at 1-27 06:34
Cheers! Lil bit confused with flicking in/out p-gps mode. You mean set it to sport mode and back to normale/cine? Just wanna verify before i'll ever try master shots again hehe.

Yes .. that's right.
You can give it a test to see how it works by starting an RTH in an open area.
Flick the flight mode switch out of Normal Mode and back again and the RTH will be cancelled and the drone will just hover waiting for your control input.
2022-1-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

LeroyWolf Posted at 1-27 06:34

an even better way is to press the RTH/Pause button once ; this will kill the automode and all other things as well.

Try this ; fly full speed forward, keep the stick full fwd and press once the pause button ; drone will stop and hover while having full stick fwd. All sticks to zero and drone will follow RC inputs again.

cheers
JJB
2022-1-27
Use props
Wedding-Production
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257178 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Мавик 3 Демо Добрый день, такое можно продавать? Они официальные дилеры?
2022-1-31
Use props
Wedding-Production
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257178 ft
  • >>>
Russia

https://www.avito.ru/moskva/sport_i_otdyh/kvadrokopter_dji_mavic_3_cine_1tb_2318835390
2022-1-31
Use props
UweDragonFly
lvl.1

China

Dear DJI-Team

Same strange thing happens to my Mavic 3 few days ago.  A few seconds after take off it suddenly accelerated backwards until its crashed on the ground. So, the drone was not in any special mode like Master Shots. The replay clearly displays that i haven't touched control stick at all. I flew in a open area (meadow), luckily nobody was in the drones way ... I could not image the Mavic hits a little kids head ..

Reading the threats, this phenomena cannot considered as coincidence - It occurs too often for that. This devices is dangerous to use with the current firmware and DJI must fix it promptly or recall the devices charges and inform users not to fly!   I flew in a open area (meadow), luckily nobody was in the drones way ... I could not image the Mavic hits a little kids head ..
The ridiculous part is, DJI support ask my to pay for the broken parts after the crash .. .
Thanks
2022-3-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

UweDragonFly Posted at 3-8 21:40
Dear DJI-Team

Same strange thing happens to my Mavic 3 few days ago.  A few seconds after take off it suddenly accelerated backwards until its crashed on the ground. So, the drone was not in any special mode like Master Shots. The replay clearly displays that i haven't touched control stick at all. I flew in a open area (meadow), luckily nobody was in the drones way ... I could not image the Mavic hits a little kids head ..

Hi There, Sorry for your crash. I would recommend that you create your own thread which will get more attention and help from others. If you have the flight logs and video of the crash you can also post that there.
2022-3-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dear DJI-Team

Same strange thing happens to my Mavic 3 few days ago.  A few seconds after take off it suddenly accelerated backwards until its crashed on the ground. So, the drone was not in any special mode like Master Shots. The replay clearly displays that i haven't touched control stick at all. I flew in a open area (meadow), luckily nobody was in the drones way ... I could not image the Mavic hits a little kids head ..

This devices is dangerous to use with the current firmware and DJI must fix it promptly or recall the devices charges and inform users not to fly!  
You don't know what happened or why, but you are sure it's the firmware that did it?
The same firmware that doesn't make other drones behave the same way?
Wait till you have answers before deciding what should be done.
Start a new thread and post your flight data.
2022-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dear DJI-Team

Same strange thing happens to my Mavic 3 few days ago.  A few seconds after take off it suddenly accelerated backwards until its crashed on the ground. So, the drone was not in any special mode like Master Shots. The replay clearly displays that i haven't touched control stick at all. I flew in a open area (meadow), luckily nobody was in the drones way ... I could not image the Mavic hits a little kids head ..

I take it you returned it to dji, before asking you to pay for it, did they tell you what they found happened?
If you don’t agree you could post your log here for a second opinion . Log is in your device.
2022-3-9
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14068337 ft
Sweden

Just a question: If your phone loose connection to the drone, is there not an internal function of the drone to store internal data all the time? I know this data is encrypted and we can not read this data, but DJI can read it. If DJI has the drone, they should be able to verify what actually happened. Will they do this? Why not ask them and everything is sorted out.
2022-3-9
Use props
UweDragonFly
lvl.1

Singapore

Labroides Posted at 3-8 23:55
This devices is dangerous to use with the current firmware and DJI must fix it promptly or recall the devices charges and inform users not to fly!  
You don't know what happened or why, but you are sure it's the firmware that did it?
The same firmware that doesn't make other drones behave the same way?

Dear Labroides
You just assuming that I dont know ... where is the difference to my statement?

However, there is no doubt that there is a potential risk of hurting people. That should not be talked down. Do you agree with me there?
2022-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

UweDragonFly Posted at 3-9 03:58
Dear Labroides
You just assuming that I dont know ... where is the difference to my statement?

No .. I don't agree with you.
It's obvious that you have no idea what happened to your drone or why.
That's not an assumption on my part.-

And no .. there is not "no doubt that there is a potential risk of hurting people".
You would have to know a lot more about your incident before you could come to any conclusion.

2022-3-9
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

even though user input did not seem to work.  you need to let dji engineers do flight analysis and make a determination.  im sorry, "my drone crashed and its not my fault" posts are getting old.  you seen the old inspire video, kid takes it off in his driveway an smash... right in front of his girl.  day 1.  im sure it wasn't his fault, im sure the drone just took off on its own.  lol riiiiiiiiight,.  gl.  good news is, your in djis hands their customer service is the best.  be nice.  be patient.  even though it happened so fast.  have a little faith.  
2022-3-9
Use props
Gailen Call
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138392 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my Mavic 3 a week ago and went out to take pics and video yesterday, 5-2-2022. After flying for about 10 min, right after taking the 5th or 6th pic, about 300 feet up, the RC and drone lost connection.  I thought it would just return or reconnect from about 700 feet away, but nooooo.  I pulled up find my drone and it showed that it was in a field in front of me, so I looked for most of the day but no luck.  I called DJI and opened a case.  I talked to them today, and was told the flight logs don't show a flyaway, so where is my drone!  This is an area I fly in weekly with my Mavic 2 Zoom with no issues.  This is my 6th DJI drone, not to mention a number of other products.  I'm a admin for a FaceBook Group that is documenting the construction of a temple, with 15,000 members, so I was really looking forward to better pics.  Very frustrated! Gailen
2022-5-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gailen Call Posted at 5-3 16:07
I got my Mavic 3 a week ago and went out to take pics and video yesterday, 5-2-2022. After flying for about 10 min, right after taking the 5th or 6th pic, about 300 feet up, the RC and drone lost connection.  I thought it would just return or reconnect from about 700 feet away, but nooooo.  I pulled up find my drone and it showed that it was in a field in front of me, so I looked for most of the day but no luck.  I called DJI and opened a case.  I talked to them today, and was told the flight logs don't show a flyaway, so where is my drone!  This is an area I fly in weekly with my Mavic 2 Zoom with no issues.  This is my 6th DJI drone, not to mention a number of other products.  I'm a admin for a FaceBook Group that is documenting the construction of a temple, with 15,000 members, so I was really looking forward to better pics.  Very frustrated! Gailen

I talked to them today, and was told the flight logs don't show a flyaway, so where is my drone!
Post your flight data and perhaps someone can find some clues to point you to a likely search area.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file
2022-5-3
Use props
dji_ghost
New

United Arab Emirates

Guys this happened to me few hours ago as I was shooting a Quick shot (Circle).  I was shooting a mall building decorated with festive lights at night. The drone was doing well until it almost flew close towards the building and then I suddenly clicked return to home, but it looks like there were some sparks and slowly crashed to the ground, It almost hit someone's head. The drone was confiscated from me by the mall security, they would give it back to me tomorrow. Its only been few days and its sad, cause i live in India and Mavic 3 is already banned here and I don't think I'll ever get a replacement shipped here.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_PP5mDnBnJ58G
New

United States

Today while taking off my Mavic 3 Cine took off to the left and would not respond on the smart controller and smashed into my customers truck making a dent. Out of the 3 drones I've had this has never happened. The remote would not respond. It broke 3 propellers. So now I have to pay to fix the dent caused by the drone and luckily the drone operated fine after this incident
2023-2-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_PP5mDnBnJ58G Posted at 2-21 23:21
Today while taking off my Mavic 3 Cine took off to the left and would not respond on the smart controller and smashed into my customers truck making a dent. Out of the 3 drones I've had this has never happened. The remote would not respond. It broke 3 propellers. So now I have to pay to fix the dent caused by the drone and luckily the drone operated fine after this incident

Hi,

Best to get help / advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue.

Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Today while taking off my Mavic 3 Cine took off to the left and would not respond on the smart controller and smashed into my customers truck making a dent. Out of the 3 drones I've had this has never happened. The remote would not respond. It broke 3 propellers. So now I have to pay to fix the dent caused by the drone and luckily the drone operated fine after this incident

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this accident. We recommend that you fly the drone in an open place with less interference. If needed, you can also contact our support team through the link below and send the drone back for further diagnosis in case of any potential issues. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

From your description it sounds like your drone has been affected by a yaw error.
Search to find out what that involves.
Post your flight data and it will confirm if this was the case.
2023-2-22
Use props
Sniping-cheeky.lil-noscope Xx
New

Australia

I wish I knew about all of this when mine flew away, almost the exact same scenario but it just kept going and there was no way for me to do anything and it just kept going and going until the image froze and it was gone forever, went back to the store with my controller and told them and their response was that they can’t do anything as I didn’t have the bird.
Waste of $3k, failsafe functions didn’t do anything.
Haven’t been able to replace it since as It was a lot of money to fork out to never see it again.
2023-4-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sniping-cheeky.lil-noscope Xx Posted at 4-23 13:11
I wish I knew about all of this when mine flew away, almost the exact same scenario but it just kept going and there was no way for me to do anything and it just kept going and going until the image froze and it was gone forever, went back to the store with my controller and told them and their response was that they can’t do anything as I didn’t have the bird.
Waste of $3k, failsafe functions didn’t do anything.
Haven’t been able to replace it since as It was a lot of money to fork out to never see it again.

went back to the store with my controller and told them and their response was that they can’t do anything as I didn’t have the bird.

If you can post your flight data, it might be possible to get an idea of where to look for your drone and it's probably possible to find the actual cause of the incident.

To post your flight data ...
go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2023-4-23
Use props
kameel
lvl.1
Lebanon

Hello
Same problem happened to me today using my new Mavic 3 pro  It was flying normally suddenly it flight away with a high speed I tried to return it home automatically but it didn’t respond  also it didn’t respond to remote sticks movement, and I lost it away from home point around 300 meters, i follow the point where it last seen on the map nothing was there I searched a diameter of 250 m square in an open area but I didn’t find it I thing there is an bug I use DJI products since 2018 I don’t face such thing
I will contact DJI tomorrow to see what will happend
2023-10-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

kameel Posted at 10-11 10:10
Hello
Same problem happened to me today using my new Mavic 3 pro  It was flying normally suddenly it flight away with a high speed I tried to return it home automatically but it didn’t respond  also it didn’t respond to remote sticks movement, and I lost it away from home point around 300 meters, i follow the point where it last seen on the map nothing was there I searched a diameter of 250 m square in an open area but I didn’t find it I thing there is an bug I use DJI products since 2018 I don’t face such thing

Hi,

if you like share your flightlog, use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
post the uploaded link on here.

The only way to help/advice is to see the log.

cheers
JJB
2023-10-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hello
Same problem happened to me today using my new Mavic 3 pro  It was flying normally suddenly it flight away with a high speed I tried to return it home automatically but it didn’t respond  also it didn’t respond to remote sticks movement, and I lost it away from home point around 300 meters, i follow the point where it last seen on the map nothing was there I searched a diameter of 250 m square in an open area but I didn’t find it I thing there is an bug I use DJI products since 2018 I don’t face such thing

There is no bug.
An incident where a drone suddenly zips away are almost always yaw errors caused by magnetic interference where you powered up.

If you post your flight data, that should confirm this and might help to find where the drone crashed.
2023-10-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Hello
Same problem happened to me today using my new Mavic 3 pro  It was flying normally suddenly it flight away with a high speed I tried to return it home automatically but it didn’t respond  also it didn’t respond to remote sticks movement, and I lost it away from home point around 300 meters, i follow the point where it last seen on the map nothing was there I searched a diameter of 250 m square in an open area but I didn’t find it I thing there is an bug I use DJI products since 2018 I don’t face such thing

"I searched a diameter of 250 m square"...

A = π · (ø/2)2
A = ¼ · π · (ø/2)2

That's a precise calculation right there...

2023-10-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 10-11 16:56
"I searched a diameter of 250 m square"... A = π · (ø/2)2 A = ¼ · π · (ø/2)2

"A = π · (ø/2)2
A = ¼ · π · (ø/2)2"

In your notation, the second equation should actually be
A = ¼ · π · (ø)2
Though, when & where I went to school, the way you have typed those equations would mean that "(ø/2)" was multiplied by two, not squared.
I don't know if Australian notation differs or if the accepted notation has changed since I went to school but A = ¼ · π · (ø)**2 or A = ¼ · π · (ø)^2 might be better.
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules