895 6 2022-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YD3oCrI4kbmT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342828 ft
United States

Hellp.
Is there general timnig to better set expectaions as to when the RC Pro (bought stadaloe) will support Air2S?

I have mine paired to my Mavic 3 but would like to use it on the Air2S when this function is available. I did purchase thiis based on info from both DJI and B&H Photo that his would happen.

Thank you in advance.

272284333_10228205165421352_8430379533152985319_n.jpeg
2022-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Everyone is expecting firmware next week but there is official word from DJI,  if you are desperate there is an unofficial method on YouTube how to do it.
2022-1-23
Use props
djiuser_YD3oCrI4kbmT
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 02:01
Everyone is expecting firmware next week but there is official word from DJI,  if you are desperate there is an unofficial method on YouTube how to do it.

Thank you! If it's a week, I will wait on official firmware. Months might compel me to YouTube it.

Much of my flying is in controlled airspace with LAANC authorization needed, and I would hate to have to explain a mishap due to me fubaring an unofficial modification. I'm probably being over conservative.
2022-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_YD3oCrI4kbmT Posted at 1-23 08:30
Thank you! If it's a week, I will wait on official firmware. Months might compel me to YouTube it.

Much of my flying is in controlled airspace with LAANC authorization needed, and I would hate to have to explain a mishap due to me fubaring an unofficial modification. I'm probably being over conservative.

The official firmware with support for both models just got released this morning.
2022-1-24
Use props
Roger_Flies
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 01:00
The official firmware with support for both models just got released this morning.

Awesome! Will be updating and pairing my Air2S's later once the freezing fog goes away

Thank you
2022-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Roger_Flies Posted at 1-24 07:43
Awesome! Will be updating and pairing my Air2S's later once the freezing fog goes away

Thank you

Please let us know how it goes.
2022-1-24
Use props
Roger_Flies
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 07:52
Please let us know how it goes.

I am able to now fly my Mavic 3 and both Air2S aircraft with the RC Pro. There were a few technical hiccups but the good outweighs some challenges. Below is what I posted on the MavicPillots Forum:

Hello Pilots.

Here is the good news. Today I flew my 2 Air2S's and Mavic 3 with the same RC Pro Controller. I am excited this firmware was released, and flying both my Air2S' with the RC Pro put a big smile on my face.

However, a couple of snags and head winds of this writing:

• My one Air2S complained that the Controller needed calibration. I had flown both other drones with the RC Pro and they were happy.
  • The RC Pro paired seamlessly with the last used Drone. It required me to put the other drone into pairing mode (long battery press). This may be expected behavior, as it won't cause accidental pairing.
  • Switching between Mavic 3 and either Air2S prompted me with "incompatible firmware" and the option to fix. I did this and also needed to restart the controller.

Overall, super happy with the controller and how it functioned with the Air2S. I was already pleased with it on the Mavic 3. There are some bumps in switching costs but those seem fixable as the product matures.

2022-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules