1215 10 2022-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have not yet purchased the Mavic 3 but will soon as it's "ready."  While checking on the details again, I can't seem to confirm what I had been thinking.

Not sure why I thought one of the following is true:

1.Mavic 3 Cine comes with an extended warranty (from 1 year to 2 years) already included in the $5K price, or
2.Mavic 3 Cine comes with 1-year of Care Refresh and you can buy the Plus if you want it.

I thought I read this somewhere but now I cannot find anything.  I'm not thinking of the Jan/Feb extension that DJI provided to all early buyers and I'm not confusing it with the Skydio 2 Pro which is their top package that includes 2 years of Skydio Care in the purchase price.

From day one I thought the Cine was a no-brainer due to the RC Pro and some other important perks included but with a Fly More (RC Pro) combo in the works....is ProRes + 1GB internal all it's worth on the Cine?  What am I missing....
2022-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Care refresh is not included in the price of any Mavic3 combo, you do have the option to purchase 1 or 2 years cover.
DJI are just about to put a new combo on the market which includes the RC Pro . Its due to hit the market on your side of the world with the release of the new FW.

You also need to consider if you have the computing power to cope with pro res, also try to get some footage to compare and see if its worth paying an extra 800 or so for pro res.
2022-1-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I would say get the fly more with RC Pro or just get the normal FMC and an iPad mini 6 as the screen. I am on the hunt now for the iPad mini 6 at a good price or a tripletek screen.
2022-1-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have seen mention of either reduced insurance prices on the subsequent year insurance premium or maybe a free year IF the year covered by the originally purchased insurance was claim free but I do not know which drone/s that applied to.
2022-1-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-22 10:45
Care refresh is not included in the price of any Mavic3 combo, you do have the option to purchase 1 or 2 years cover.
DJI are just about to put a new combo on the market which includes the RC Pro . Its due to hit the market on your side of the world with the release of the new FW.

agreed, depending on the price of the new combo, i am now leaning towards non-cine.  im just disappointed that i saw something extra with cine and now i can't find it.  i remember when i saw the mavic 3 care refresh price and i thought wow that's expensive but at least i don't have to pay it if i get the cine.  and upon finding out not only is it not included, the cine care refresh is even more expensive.

oh well, dji has a chance to lead in that area.  instead skydio is the first.  as i mentioned, two years ($250) is factored into the price.  i know dji had to struggle just to hit the $5k price point so adding in one free year for $100 extra probably wasn't possible.

my opinion is everyone should with a >$2k drone should have some sort of care package but most people just don't know it.  if autel [evo 3] comes thru, i think the industry will follow with such inclusions as the norm at the top end.
2022-1-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-22 12:15
I would say get the fly more with RC Pro or just get the normal FMC and an iPad mini 6 as the screen. I am on the hunt now for the iPad mini 6 at a good price or a tripletek screen.

if not rc pro, for me the next best option is tripltek.  no ipad or mobile will suffice from a daylight sunlight standpoint.  will wait for fly more rc pro!
2022-1-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-22 12:21
I have seen mention of either reduced insurance prices on the subsequent year insurance premium or maybe a free year IF the year covered by the originally purchased insurance was claim free but I do not know which drone/s that applied to.

yeah there's a bit of a discount on cine if you buy 2 years but US$600 is pretty high.  maybe i'll reach out to state farm insurance again.
2022-1-22
Use props
Elevated Camera
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-22 12:21
I have seen mention of either reduced insurance prices on the subsequent year insurance premium or maybe a free year IF the year covered by the originally purchased insurance was claim free but I do not know which drone/s that applied to.

This is valid for all M3 versions, if not all DJI drones now. Or did you mean something different? As per DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement:
2022-1-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is likely what I remember.
2022-1-22
Use props
vsasolutions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427887 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 1-22 12:15
I would say get the fly more with RC Pro or just get the normal FMC and an iPad mini 6 as the screen. I am on the hunt now for the iPad mini 6 at a good price or a tripletek screen.

Tripltek 8 Pro is a pretty awesome.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

vsasolutions Posted at 1-23 08:22
Tripltek 8 Pro is a pretty awesome.

I have been seen a lot of good reviews about it but it will cost me around $1100NZD plus import fees to get it here. Need to save money for that.
2022-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules